Spider Mastermind
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Eternity > Eternity now crashes

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:41. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

On loading a PWAD containing only an EMAPINFO (for one map), an extradata lump (for one map), a GAMESCR, an OPTIONS lump, and several EDF lumps specifying custom things and sound sequences, the newer Eternity SVN builds (from #888 upwards) crash at startup.

I hope, for example, that OPTIONS isn't version dependent.

Edit: looking on the default Eternity.cfg for Doom2 (for example), the names and the descriptions are messed up once again.
Edit: I discarded the "Options" lump, but it still crashes.

Edit: Now this is something. I renamed all the relevant data lumps to nonsensical names, but upon loading the WAD, Eternity still crashes. The wad in question only contains text mode lumps. I also am able to recognize it very well with XWE, and Doom2.exe has no qualms about loading it, so I don't think it's corrupted.

Last edited by printz on 12-23-09 at 20:23

Old Post 12-23-09 20:08 #
printz is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

Without a copy of the wad that someone can test, this is a pretty useless report.

Old Post 12-23-09 20:54 #
esselfortium is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

There's no need for that. I've just made a new file with XWE, and created a couple of irrelevant lumps, each filled with arbitrary content from my keyboard. Eternity crashes.

Apparently it crashes if I forget the .wad extension. Hm.

Old Post 12-23-09 21:36 #
printz is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Quasar

I'm sorry but this is too garbled and inspecific for me to even get any sense out of it. Try to narrow down the cause of the crash, or I cannot help you. And please do not waste time trying to speculate on the cause of it. It's my job to figure that out.

Old Post 12-23-09 22:19 #
Quasar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

It crashes at startup if I try to load certain wads, without including at the command line the .wad extension.

Here's an example of a wad that crashes Eternity without me using .wad at the command line: http://www.speedyshare.com/files/19949631/e4m3spid.wad (don't try to actually play it; it requires certain resources).

But for example Alien Vendetta, or my own textures/sounds wad for a project do NOT crash Eternity.

Old Post 12-23-09 22:29 #