Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mordeth

Linked portal problem

Regard this wad, ripped from a bigger level. It contains a linked portal; all seems well from below but the view from the top part is broken. Why?

Similar constructions elsewhere in the bigger level continue to work fine.

ok, so the height of the portal plane is determined by the floor/ceiling height of the frontsector of the portal line. So you know how you can raise a floor above a floor portal? That's because the portal plane is set to the ceiling height of the frontsector of the portal line in the lower area.

The wad you sent has a portal line (359 - Apply linked portal to floors of tagged sectors) in the lower area with a front-sector ceiling height that is below the floor height in the upper area, so EE treats it like you raised the floor above the portal.

Hope that made sense

SoM said:
That's because the portal plane is set to the ceiling height of the frontsector of the portal line in the lower area.

Well that explains things... never knew it actually looked at the frontsector of the actual portal line. Always thought it just took the (equal) ceiling/floor height of the tagged sectors instead, so I basically put the portal lines wherever it was convenient :)

Mordeth said:

Well that explains things... never knew it actually looked at the frontsector of the actual portal line. Always thought it just took the (equal) ceiling/floor height of the tagged sectors instead, so I basically put the portal lines wherever it was convenient :)

I know. The documentation is shoddy at best... wait, that's my job... Nevermind