Archvile
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Eternity > PNG support and inventory

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:33. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

Hints about them seem to exist in the latest SVN updates. Especially about PNG, there's a weird STARTUP.WAD accompanied by a SVN log that says "PNGs supported" or something. Inventory is also in there...

I loaded a PNG WAD with modified TITLEPIC and bonus item, but latest DRDTEAM Eternity upload still crashed.

Old Post 11-03-11 23:58 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Quasar

PNG is not supported for in-game resources yet. The PNG support referred to is the ability to load and use PNGs, period, and the only code segment currently capable of doing this is the startup IWAD selector. This was done to eliminate the almost 2 MB startup.wad (the new startup.wad is 513 KB).

Eventually PNGs will be supported as in-game resources too, but that's a while away.

PNG is also supported for screenshots now.

Old Post 11-13-11 01:31 #
Quasar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Quasar said:
This was done to eliminate the almost 2 MB startup.wad (the new startup.wad is 513 KB).

It's 555 KB (556 KB occupied) in my working directory. Unmodified.

Though with some PNG optimization I can bring it down to 526 KB.

Old Post 11-13-11 09:18 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Quasar

Gez said:

It's 555 KB (556 KB occupied) in my working directory. Unmodified.

Though with some PNG optimization I can bring it down to 526 KB.

That's what I get for trying to go off of memory ;)

Oh well it's still a large improvement from being just shy of 2 MB.

Old Post 11-14-11 04:09 #
Quasar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote