Sarge
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Eternity > MBF friend question

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:02. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

Is it true that the MBF friends are allied only to one of the players in deathmatch mode, since SMMU? Or was it a misunderstanding of mine? And if they are, how do they choose the player?

Old Post 04-07-12 16:21 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Quasar

No; in SMMU, friends will attack ALL players, because the players are behaving belligerently toward each other. Other than that, they still behave the same though, and will still attack normal monsters too.

Old Post 04-08-12 05:07 #
Quasar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

In MBF's text file it even says that it's really a single-player engine. I think the best course of action is to plan the deathmatch parts (if I make them) for other ports, such as Eternity or Skulltag.

Old Post 04-09-12 15:46 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Quasar

MBF friends cannot be easily modified to obey a particular player; I have no plan to add that feature to them.

Strife-style allies and Hexen-style servants are coded from the ground up to ally themselves with a particular controlling player, though, and I would expect that to remain in the Eternity implementations of these features (they will *not* be folded into FRIEND but will be controlled by their own relatively vanilla-compatible flags and code).

Old Post 04-09-12 17:43 #
Quasar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote