Doom monster
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Eternity > Eternity Mac Git builds moved to DRD Team website
Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:22. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

ellmo said:

Oh, hah, I don't think I've EVER used fullscreen in EE before, but I just went to check this one for you:
Fullscreen works fine, 2880x1800F is a slideshow, but 1440x900F 1280x800F work absolutely fine.

But, um... how does one enable SDL GL?

Go into display settings (inside Eternity, same place where you'd change resolution) and page-down (Fn+down) until you see a SDL field where you choose between software and GL 2D. Then restart Eternity.

Also I assume you have a discrete GPU. It's possible that the NVidia card is too lazy and lets the retarded Intel chip do the work. You may need to go into system preferences at power saving settings (light bulb) and deactivate automatic video card switching. Or have an OpenGL (for example) application running at the same time to wake up the GPU. I don't know whose fault is for this laziness: SDL's or Apple/Intel/NVidia's. I guess I can place a dummy OpenGL control at the main window to wake up the NVidia, but it's very hard for me to test it.

NOTE: this version of Eternity is modified by me to support resolutions higher than 2560xsomething. For GPL compliance I provided a patch that shows what I changed, inside "source diff/" folder from the DMG.

Also, I wish I knew how to make fancy DMGs the kind with artwork. But I'm not a graphic artist!

Last edited by printz on 01-31-13 at 10:29

Old Post 01-31-13 10:18 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
ellmo
Custom Title

printz said:
Go into display settings (inside Eternity, same place where you'd change resolution) and page-down (Fn+down) until you see a SDL field where you choose between software and GL 2D. Then restart Eternity.

Oh man, what a nab. I didn't notice video settings go for more than trhee pages.

I forced OSX to use the dedicated GPU, switched to GL2D, set resolution to 2880x1800F...
it looks and works marvelous!

Old Post 01-31-13 11:14 #
ellmo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

ellmo said:

I forced OSX to use the dedicated GPU, switched to GL2D, set resolution to 2880x1800F...
it looks and works marvelous!

Does it work fine even if you don't force OSX to do that? Or will you eventually get to see the entire display stretched beyond your monitor?

Old Post 01-31-13 11:20 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
ellmo
Custom Title

printz said:
Does it work fine even if you don't force OSX to do that? Or will you eventually get to see the entire display stretched beyond your monitor?

That's exactly what happens if I leave GPU switch to automatic - I believe it's still 2880x1800 but not hiDPI, so it expects 4 times the screen size.

(I'm using gfxCardStatus to make quick GPU changes)

Old Post 01-31-13 11:43 #
ellmo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Waffenak
Forum Regular

interesting project you have here

Old Post 10-12-13 21:55 #
Waffenak is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Csonicgo

Some will be happy to know that EE works in Homebrew! Be sure to compile GCC4.x (do NOT use the apple Clang!) and set your CC flags accordingly. Works in Mavericks with no problems.

Old Post 12-21-13 07:46 #
Csonicgo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote