Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
joe-ilya

is eternity dead?

when i click at any of the news updates it just can't be found

it says(example):
Not Found

The requested URL /ee3.35.92-win32.zip was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.16 (Debian) Server at eternity.mancubus.net Port 80

Not only it's not dead, but it's apparently going to have a new release tomorrow. Introducing full zip support! So now you don't have to extract a wad from its zip to play it in Eternity. Kinda like in ZDoom. If you want to try that before the official version is out, grab r2248 from DRD Team.

Gez said:

Not only it's not dead, but it's apparently going to have a new release tomorrow. Introducing full zip support! So now you don't have to extract a wad from its zip to play it in Eternity. Kinda like in ZDoom. If you want to try that before the official version is out, grab r2248 from DRD Team.

Excellent news, thanks for the information Gez.

It would be accurate to say the webpage is dead. I have no password for it and I don't have the patience to design a new modern look for it either.

Yeah, the misleading site with outdated news is a problem. It's what people find when they're looking into the port, and it doesn't give any indicator that they need to look elsewhere. It could redirect to this forum or to the Eternity wiki's homepage.

esselfortium said:

Yeah, the misleading site with outdated news is a problem. It's what people find when they're looking into the port, and it doesn't give any indicator that they need to look elsewhere. It could redirect to this forum or to the Eternity wiki's homepage.

Except not since I can't edit the page and no one in the DW staff has extended the courtesy to at least have it taken down for us if it can't be restored to a state where I can update it. I don't feel it should be my place to communicate with Atomic Gamer staff; Doomworld is the host of my page and anything going higher up is business between Doomworld and that entity, from my POV.

can i play it with pwads?

what are you doin' in it exept playing?

i even realized when you automap the map name is "level name" why?

Yes

I dunno, whatever? Changing settings, watching demos, stuff?

Because that's its name

joe-ilya said:

now i know everything about this

Good! I've been looking for someone to explain the finer points of portal usage, they're still a bit of a mystery to me.