Doom Marine
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Eternity > Skipping Music (FLAC Support)

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:35. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
shoober
Green Marine

I have the Doom soundtrack in FLAC being played on a Roland SoundCanvas SC-55, and have them named according to this wiki page . How do I load them into eternity so that they play when the map starts?

Last edited by shoober on 12-28-12 at 04:21

Old Post 12-21-12 06:33 #
shoober is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Quasar

SDL_mixer does not support FLAC, so there is not currently any support for that music format in Eternity. If you want, I can research whether it's practical to include the library directly into EE and pipe its output.

Old Post 12-21-12 17:20 #
Quasar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

You can, however, use OGG music if you're not deadset on having it in a lossless format.

Old Post 12-21-12 17:56 #
esselfortium is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
shoober
Green Marine

I converted the FLAC to OGG, would I just zip them all together and drag it onto the Eternity.exe for them to load?

Do you think in the future you could add support for FLAC? Maybe even WAV?

Old Post 12-21-12 19:10 #
shoober is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

shoober said:
I converted the FLAC to OGG, would I just zip them all together and drag it onto the Eternity.exe for them to load?

That should work since EE now has ZIP support.

Old Post 12-21-12 19:46 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
shoober
Green Marine

Does the SDL_mixer support WAV files or any type of lossless audio?

Last edited by shoober on 12-21-12 at 23:04

Old Post 12-21-12 20:10 #
Quasar

shoober said:
Does the SDL_mixer support WAV files or any type of lossless audio?

For some reason it supports wav for digital sfx but not for music; I don't understand why. I will look into FLAC; hopefully there's a nice library for loading them.

In the meanwhile, yes, it should work to either put the OGGs in the hidef music folder, or put them into a .pke file and drag it.

Eternity will currently find hidef music in /base/<game>/music. So for example if D_E1M1.ogg exists in /base/doom/music, it will be used in preference to the IWAD's D_E1M1 if s_hidefmusic is enabled (bring down the console and type "s_hidefmusic /" - without quotes - to toggle it on or off).

Old Post 12-22-12 02:48 #
Quasar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
shoober
Green Marine

I put the files in the base/doom/music folder and it worked. Thank you very much Quasar. Maybe in the future there will be support for WAV music and FLAC.

Last edited by shoober on 12-22-12 at 13:11

Old Post 12-22-12 03:35 #
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

Quasar said:

Eternity will currently find hidef music in /base/<game>/music. So for example if D_E1M1.ogg exists in /base/doom/music, it will be used in preference to the IWAD's D_E1M1 if s_hidefmusic is enabled (bring down the console and type "s_hidefmusic /" - without quotes - to toggle it on or off).

Does it also read the user folder?

Old Post 12-22-12 07:09 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Quasar

printz said:

Does it also read the user folder?

Not yet, but it needs to...

Old Post 12-23-12 17:25 #
shoober
Green Marine

I have noticed while playing that the music tends to skip when I pick up items. It skips at other random times also. Its not that big of a deal, but it would be nice to hear the music without it skipping.

Old Post 12-27-12 23:32 #