Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Eternity > Problems creating object

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 20:57. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Death Egg
Forum Regular

I was trying to create a custom object according to this Eternity Wiki article, and I keep getting the error "E_ProcessSprites: no sprite names defined." I figured it was due to my incompetency, so I copied the example work into the EDFROOT file and it still gave me the same error. Is this wiki article out of date now?

I should note I'm using the current stable release, 3.40.30.

EDIT: Looks like commenting out all the code in EDFROOT gives me the same problem, so I'm starting to think it could be something else entirely that I'm doing wrong

Last edited by Death Egg on 04-15-13 at 00:23

Old Post 04-14-13 23:40 #
Death Egg is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Quasar

You need to do
code:
stdinclude("root.edf")

in your own EDF file, and then define your custom definitions. Use that file as your root EDF by dragging it onto EE or using the -edf parameter, or insert it as EDFROOT into a wad/pke file. Make sure EDFROOT is in the global namespace of the wad or pke.

Old Post 04-17-13 19:21 #
Quasar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote