Demon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Eternity > Eternity Engine 3.40.46 Bifrost

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 19:12. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Quasar

The newest release of Eternity is now available:

Old Post 01-19-14 23:09 #
Quasar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Catoptromancy
Forum Regular

I can confirm that this release is indeed awesome.

Old Post 01-19-14 23:11 #
Catoptromancy is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Quasar

One more link, before Mordeth shows up ;)

Bifrost New Editing Features Documentation

Old Post 01-19-14 23:26 #
Quasar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Csonicgo

http://i.imgur.com/THq9zuA.gif

Last edited by Csonicgo on 01-20-14 at 00:20

Old Post 01-19-14 23:29 #
Csonicgo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Springy

Catoptromancy said:
I can confirm that this release is indeed awesome.

It certainly is. Congratulations on the release Quasar! Just spent 15 odd minutes playing D2TWiD on it. I also notice that the looping issue is completely gone now.

Old Post 01-19-14 23:56 #
Springy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

Awesomeness :)

Old Post 01-20-14 00:38 #
esselfortium is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dragonsbrethren

Csonicgo said:
:toot:

http://dkk.slickproductions.org/images/misc/tootfish.png

Old Post 01-20-14 01:26 #
Dragonsbrethren is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Xaser
Forum Staple

Because it wasn't emphasized in the OP and weirdo folks like me find this a super-huge edition:

http://i.imgur.com/cd2YIrX.png

That is all. Carry on.

Old Post 01-20-14 02:07 #
Xaser is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mechadon

Loving the uncapped framerate! Of course all of the other changes are great as well, but I've been waiting on uncapped framerate the most :)

Nice stuff!

Old Post 01-20-14 02:21 #
Mechadon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Average

I was most excited by the x input force feedback. Sadly, I seem to have an issue. I have a Logitech F710 wireless controller set to x input. The game recognises it but I can't seem to set up the analogue sticks to movement properly. For example; I select up on the left analogue stick for move forward but when I select down for move backward the game picks the same axis and therefore cancels the move forward. The same happens with both sticks and analogue triggers... I've tried using the controller as x input and SDL input as both are selectable.

I'm running Win7 PRo 64 bit.

Old Post 01-20-14 11:22 #
Average is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Quasar

Average said:
I was most excited by the x input force feedback. Sadly, I seem to have an issue. I have a Logitech F710 wireless controller set to x input. The game recognises it but I can't seem to set up the analogue sticks to movement properly. For example; I select up on the left analogue stick for move forward but when I select down for move backward the game picks the same axis and therefore cancels the move forward. The same happens with both sticks and analogue triggers... I've tried using the controller as x input and SDL input as both are selectable.

I'm running Win7 PRo 64 bit.

This is very poorly explained because I never have finished a UI for editing the settings yet, but what you need to do is not bind axis activations to key binding settings - you need to set what are called the "axis actions". There are variables for g_axisaction1 through g_axisaction8 IIRC. Their possible values are "move", "turn", "strafe", "look", and "fly".

If you open eternity.pke and look at /gamepads/xbox360.txt, you should see a very good example of what it would look like.

This is a part of EE that's unfinished and needs more polishing.

You can find the correspondence of your gamepads' axes to the axis # variables by using the gamepad test menu, BTW.

Old Post 01-20-14 15:04 #
Average

Cheers. I'll give it a look-see.

Old Post 01-20-14 15:35 #
Average is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kmxexii

Xaser said:
Because it wasn't emphasized in the OP and weirdo folks like me find this a super-huge edition:

*snip*

That is all. Carry on.

Ditto!

Old Post 01-21-14 08:53 #
kmxexii is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Quasar

Average said:
Cheers. I'll give it a look-see.

If you get a working config, you could submit your keys.csc to me to make a profile for that device and then future users could simply load your profile from the gamepad profiles list and get one-shot configuration.

Let me know if you get it going.

Old Post 01-22-14 17:05 #
scalliano
This door is opened elsewhere...

UNCAPPED FRAMERATE!

http://i.imgur.com/w4NnQPf.png

*CLINK*

Old Post 01-23-14 20:56 #
scalliano is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Average

Quasar said:

If you get a working config, you could submit your keys.csc to me to make a profile for that device and then future users could simply load your profile from the gamepad profiles list and get one-shot configuration.

Let me know if you get it going.

I will do. I haven't had time to yet but I'll get around to it. :)

Old Post 01-23-14 21:20 #
Mordeth
Administrator

This release... I like it! ANOTHER!

One question: what determines the damage reduction of a player's current armor? The wiki makes it look as if the last picked-up armor bonus determines this, instead of it being a hardcoded boundary between 100 and 100+ for 33% versus 50% damage reduction.

Old Post 01-27-14 17:46 #
Mordeth is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Mordeth said:
One question: what determines the damage reduction of a player's current armor? The wiki makes it look as if the last picked-up armor bonus determines this, instead of it being a hardcoded boundary between 100 and 100+ for 33% versus 50% damage reduction.

Then the wiki would be right. A blue armor damaged to 100% or below still gives 50% damage reduction, a green armor boosted up to 200% with armor bonuses still gives 33% damage reduction.

Speaking of armor bonuses, if you do not have an armor already, they give you the equivalent of green armor for damage reduction purposes (33%).

This is vanilla behavior, and Eternity has had no reason to change it.

Old Post 01-27-14 18:18 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mordeth
Administrator

Heh, I never realized that.

So you could basically have eg. a 1-200 armor system based off 'green armor' boosts with a standard 33% damage reduction, and a new kind of (temporary) powerup that boosts your damage reduction. Or monsters that try to hit you with stuff that actually lowers your armor damage reduction.

Too bad there's no HUD item that could tell the player what kind of damage reduction he currently has...

Edit: no, this does some weird stuff. If savefactor >> savedivisor (negative dmg reduction) then at the first hit the saveamount will be added to the player's health while armor resets to zero.

Old Post 01-31-14 12:57 #
Mordeth is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote