Weird impy thing
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Eternity > eternity and zdoom

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:08. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
BlackFish
Forum Spammer

when i played that crackers and tea wad on eternity i notcied that the pixel spray feature in zdoom was in eternity. what other zdoom features does eternity have?

Old Post 07-14-02 00:13 #
BlackFish is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

well, for one. It have Boom support Just like zdoom. and it can load Doom wads. and it have all the same weapons as zdoom. and it can zdooms Bex and dehacked system. Dehacked is a system that zdoom developed to make it possible to edit the maps. and Boom is a set of features that zdoom developed.

o_o

Old Post 07-14-02 00:31 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
esayeek

Ebola said:
well, for one. It have Boom support Just like zdoom. and it can load Doom wads. and it have all the same weapons as zdoom. and it can zdooms Bex and dehacked system. Dehacked is a system that zdoom developed to make it possible to edit the maps. and Boom is a set of features that zdoom developed.

o_o

dehacked was developed long before zdoom or any source ports and has nothing to do with editing the maps.

Old Post 07-14-02 00:47 #
esayeek is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
boris
meow

esayeek said:

dehacked was developed long before zdoom or any source ports and has nothing to do with editing the maps.

No it wasn't. ZDoom developed dehacked on it's own.

Old Post 07-14-02 00:57 #
boris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
SoM
azerty YAY!

esayeek said:

Uh, I THINK EBOLA WAS BEING SARCASTIC!

Old Post 07-14-02 01:01 #
SoM is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Quasar

The only features that Eternity has that correspond directly to zdoom are the particles and particle fountain mapthings. Anything else in common between the ports has either come from a common code lineage such as BOOM, or from my efforts along my own direction. For instance, Eternity supports many of the Heretic and Hexen mapthing flags such as PUSHABLE and REFLECTIVE, but it implements them in a slightly different way than zdoom -- instead of adding them to the Bits field in DeHackEd, you use a new field called Bits2.

And no, DeHackEd and BOOM features were not invented by zdoom, they're just yankin' your chain :P

Old Post 07-14-02 01:05 #
Quasar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Anders
No one knows I'm schepe

yanking you chain = pulling your leg = making a joke which you do not understand, since youre a newbie.

Edit: i'm not a newbie. I'm elite.

Old Post 07-14-02 01:07 #
Anders is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
boris
meow

Quasar said:
And no, DeHackEd and BOOM features were not invented by zdoom, they're just yankin' your chain :P

YUO LIARAR!!!!?()!=%)(!=)"$!!!!!!!11

Old Post 07-14-02 01:08 #
boris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

... When is Zdoom 1.23 final coming ? I wanna play Daedalus, dammit.

Old Post 07-14-02 01:09 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

Why the hell does everyone compare Eternity with ZDooM?!

Old Post 07-14-02 01:09 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
SoM
azerty YAY!

bigbadgangsta said:
Why the hell does everyone compare Eternity with ZDooM?!

Because Eternity is better and people are jelous! Or because Eternity has particles and some other things that zdoom has and people like to compare things...

Old Post 07-14-02 01:11 #
SoM is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
esayeek

SoM said:

Uh, I THINK EBOLA WAS BEING SARCASTIC!

oopsie, i sorry :)

Old Post 07-14-02 01:53 #
esayeek is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Julian

The comparison between Eternity and ZDoom is a good thing since ZDoom is probably the most successful port. Now we'll see if Eternity beats it :P

Old Post 07-14-02 02:17 #
Julian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Ultraviolet
933-phunk-5up4h-94n9574

Will Etearnaty worek with Dom III?

What I want to sea in Etirnady is s a rockat luncher that shots three missliles! And the BFG liek in Quack 2, it was bettar.

(I uesd to be on hare as Deamon Hunter)

Old Post 07-15-02 05:15 #
Ultraviolet is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

Ultraviolet said:
Will Etearnaty worek with Dom III?

What I want to sea in Etirnady is s a rockat luncher that shots three missliles! And the BFG liek in Quack 2, it was bettar.

(I uesd to be on hare as Deamon Hunter)

YESH BUTT ONLEE IF QUOOSER WANTS IT TOOOOO!

LOLOL AND A 5 BARREEELLED SHOTGUNN 2?! QUAKE 2 RLZ!

WOW, YOU DESVEFVEVR A MEDEL!!!!!

Old Post 07-15-02 05:36 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Ultraviolet
933-phunk-5up4h-94n9574

Heh...
Wasn't there an online archive of Demon Hunter's posts somewhere? I KNOW Tarin used to have a URL to it...

Old Post 07-15-02 05:40 #
Ultraviolet is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

YEH I WNAT TEH ETATNRNITY TO BE SO JUTS LIKE ZDMOOM/. TAT WIOULD BE AEWSOEM11111!

Old Post 07-17-02 21:57 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Ultraviolet
933-phunk-5up4h-94n9574

JeffK is the new-age Jesus!

Old Post 07-20-02 19:33 #