Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JavaGuy

Hell

I beleive that hell, was created by the church to scare it's followers into doing wrong, and keep the church in a position of power, pretty much all religions are like that (ok, some aren't) if they are too scared to disobey, there will be little problems, and if some-one does disobey, well the church tortures that guy, and in defense labels the victim a "heretic who got what he deserved" and the fear stays but if you punish a "heretic" you won't go to hell.

Although, My hell.......is a Cave of cockroaches.......*shudders* Fuck I HATE HATE HATE those creatures...even worse than the Goatse image in my opinion.

'Hell' for me is being trapped at an 'S Club' concert with no means of escape for all eternity. Alternatively, being dressed up in Adidas from head to toe.

Demons exist, in my opinion. Some people are more receptive to their advances than others, and the odd person here and there may even try to invoke them (poor bastard).

Luckily, there are good demons out there. Seriously, the word 'Demon' is derived from the original word 'Daemon' - literally translated as 'Angel'.

So, explain that one away, Pope-y boy :)

Fredrik said:

Teletubbies world.

Thank You Fredrik!

Pigmie fat monkey alien children from hell....and they say...Hail hitler, hmmm.

Spike said:

'Hell' for me is being trapped at an 'S Club' concert with no means of escape for all eternity. Alternatively, being dressed up in Adidas from head to toe.

Demons exist, in my opinion. Some people are more receptive to their advances than others, and the odd person here and there may even try to invoke them (poor bastard).

Luckily, there are good demons out there. Seriously, the word 'Demon' is derived from the original word 'Daemon' - literally translated as 'Angel'.

So, explain that one away, Pope-y boy :)

Well this follows logically because demons are fallen angels is all, and i believe something along the lines of what you say.

myk said:

I don't think that describes "the devil" nor does the character's persona lead to the conclusions you reach. The devil is "bad" because he disobeys God. Where do you get the idea all he wants is to destroy everything? Also, humanity is much more like the devil than like God.

Hmmm..the way i think of it is this...it's like you have a computer that somebody sabotages because they don't like you but instead of going out and buying a new computer you work and work on trying to get the bugs out of it and even plan to upgrade it once it's finally fixed-just to spite them, now say it was something you invented and they said it wouldn't work. Limited parallel, but it's kinda like that.
Humanity is like the devil because he corrupted them, their like part and part but the dominant part is destructive...Basically he's a rebel who encouraged others to rebel. My point was he wants to destroy creations of God, because their his...but I don't think were in disagreement, maybe i have trouble explaining myself.

According to Christianity, Satan despised God due to the fact he held humanity in higher light than the angels. Satan (Lucifer) began a war because of this and because he saw himself superior to God. Xanthier is correct with his posts. Satan is anti-anything God, especially humanity. If Hell does in fact exist, it would probably be comparable to death- yet your spirit would be eternal, so you wouldn't actually die. The almighty God takes all the blame in my opinion. The angels were his creation. Humanity is his creation- we are his imperfections. That is of course, if you believe in any of this.

Black/White

Actually that is similar to Tolkien's Silmarillion, and the bad guy is like a jealous elder brother, psychologically. Odd, isn't it, since the older son is supposed to inherit... But I don't think it needs be interpreted in one way, particularly when the books are pro-God/anti-devil. The parts of the bible describing demons or the devil are not really numerous and aren't necessarily clearly compatible with each other. That makes it possible to read it differently, especially negatively. Thus the anti-hero stories of the 19th century and later.

Hell is a place loaded with cases of beer and hot women. The cases of beer all have holes in them and the women don't.