Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Major Grit

The Best Doom/Quake Weapon

Hey, I didn't mean that the SSG is annoying, i meant that the big-part-of-the-burst-goes-trough-the-monsters-effect is annoying. I think that SSG is the SECOND BEST weapon in doom.

I have not played DM, but I know that SSG is better than SG and much more fun too, but I meant SP, not DM. And, one weapon being better than another, doesn't mean it's more fun.

you can kill a revenant with one ssg shot, but the chances of that is about 1 out of 4 million.

what i'm saying is that the SSG can do a maximum of 300 damage, and the SG can only do 105.

DooMer 4ever said:

Why does everyone like SSG better than the ordinary. With SSG too much of the burst goes just trough the monster. It's annoying.

I like both of them - at least in the Doom games.
The sb is cool for its *chuck-chack* reload sound and the db shotgun is cool for the enormous roar it lets out when firing it combined with the awesome blow it deals.

But my fav type of weapon in any fps will remain the minigun style weapon, unless it sucks (ok, Doom's chaingun doesn't suck but its rate of fire is just not fast enough).

DooMer 4ever said:

Hey, I didn't mean that the SSG is annoying, i meant that the big-part-of-the-burst-goes-trough-the-monsters-effect is annoying. I think that SSG is the SECOND BEST weapon in doom.

if you're skilled enough (like mylself) most of the the burst passing through the first target can be useful in taking the poor sap behind! and if you're that concerned about it, finish the job with the shotgun, conserves ammo and gets the job done.

When i use the super (all the time, even against masterminds/cyberdemons) I place my shots so i either hit the maximun area of a target, or as many little targets as i can with the spread. This is a reason it's hard for me to gauge how well the ammo is balanced in levels, cuase i only use the super! Take Alien Vendetta, and Fragport, where i had 600 cells and 100 rockets most of the time (all those cells came in handy at map24 in AV however. The super is good, but when things get ugly the other weapons are a must, every good doomer knows that!)

I've got to agree with DSM. Minigun weapons are the bomb-diggity. I think probably the best one was Turok One's mini gun. It had a god sounds, and a good spin up and spin down time. The only minigun weapon I can't say I like too much is the one from Quake 3.

JavaGuy said:
I've got to agree with DSM. Minigun weapons are the bomb-diggity. I think probably the best one was Turok One's mini gun. It had a god sounds, and a good spin up and spin down time. The only minigun weapon I can't say I like too much is the one from Quake 3.

Are you talking about the minigun from quake 3 TEAM arena? Coz if you are, your nuts. If you are however referring to the quake 3 starting weapon, that was a machinegun not a minigun.