Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

What caused existence?

=== Only the correct answer is morally acceptable! ===  

27 members have voted

1. 1. === Only the correct answer is morally acceptable! ===

• 1) A god.
    • 2) A superior being (I.E. the universe is something like a snow globe for a science experiment to some creature in an existence millions of times more advanced than our own.)
    • 3) Nothing. Existence is an illusion caused by our inability to perceive nothing.
    • 4) Somewhere along the line, the universe said to itself \"Hmm, I feel like existing.\"

You guys really should stop thinking there is a timelíne. Time is obviously not like we see it.

Oh, there is a timeline. But it's limited to the presence of itself, I.E. it doesn't exist before or after the universe :)

Fredrik said:

Oh, there is a timeline. But it's limited to the presence of itself, I.E. it doesn't exist before or after the universe :)

well you got my point.

Y2theJ said:

My question is this. Can Information in the present change the past?

Possibly, but not very likely on a large scale.

fraggle said:

Time is a dimension of the Universe. "time without existence" has no meaning. Its like saying "is there a time before time".

In case it wasnt obvious, all those questions in that post were rhetorical questions.

There is no such thing as "the past" and there never was. There is only the present and always was. Past and future are just brain euphamisms we use to convince ourselves that we understand things that we actually don't.

All of existence is in fact one simultaneous event. "Time" is the illusion caused by our inability to perceive everything at once.

/me clutches at his head and writhes convulsively

No! Don't make me think about it anymore! Aaaah!

/me runs around in a panic with blood spurting out of his forhead

Anyways, I say there was no creation, the universe has always existed. There's no other explanation that my mind can accept.

All of existence is in fact one simultaneous event. "Time" is the illusion caused by our inability to perceive everything at once.

Only simultaneous in an abstract meaning of the word, as simultaneous actually refers to being at the same point in time, you could only mathematically define the universe as being simultaneous. All subsets of the universe, including humans, are limited to function in a closed time-space and have to make observations linearly. It isn't an illusion like you say.

I'm with AndrewB in the assertion that time does not exist. It is not a dimension. It is just a cultural artifact. However, I think existance is many events not just one.

But "many events" is just our mind putting imaginary dividers on certain things based on duration and location. Those dividers do not exist as anything other than representive thoughts in our minds.

You can have "events" occur in a certain "sequence" without introducing the concept of time into the equation. Time is just our way of distinguishing one "event" from another.

Of course. But that doesn't make linear perception of time an illusion. Linear time perception is the result of the fact that any thinking or perceiving system must operate sequentially (basic rule of computer science as stated by Alan Turing).

I just had a mind blowing thought.

I stated before that energy, matter and information are all related. Our science studies the physics of energy and matter extensively. How would we study the physics of information?

Hm.

The Universe is a huge big game with great graphics, excellent detail but shoddy AI. Overall I'd rate it a 8.5/10, with extra marks for its low price.

Lord FlatHead said:

The Universe is a huge big game with great graphics, excellent detail but shoddy AI. Overall I'd rate it a 8.5/10, with extra marks for its low price.

Too bad there is no ambient music.

Lord FlatHead said:

God will get you for that.

stphrz said:

I just had a mind blowing thought.

I stated before that energy, matter and information are all related. Our science studies the physics of energy and matter extensively. How would we study the physics of information?

Hm.

Well, information is related to Entropy. The more information something holds the less entropy (disorder) it has. And entropy is also closely related to energy.

stphrz said:

God will get you for that.

Why will "God" smite him for his independant thought? if "God" didnt want or like ppl saying stuff like that, it wouldnt have had it become able to be preformed. Everyting is actually legal, we just put our own boundries so it makes things less complicated and more balanced and in order. Lord FlatHead has a point in his statment imo.

DOOM Anomaly said:

Why will "God" smite him for his independant thought? if "God" didnt want or like ppl saying stuff like that, it wouldnt have had it become able to be preformed. Everyting is actually legal, we just put our own boundries so it makes things less complicated and more balanced and in order. Lord FlatHead has a point in his statment imo.

It was a joke.

stphrz said:

It was a joke.

.....I knew that........ya.....I wuz...just...Seeing if you knew that.....ya......

/me throws smoke-bomb and disappears into the the darkness...

my friend is heavily medicated he said:

God is an astronaut.

Oz is over the raimbow.

Middian is where the monsters go.

Without time, there would not be any UFO's or ghosts.
The conditions have to be right, present to past, to percieve ghosts.
The conditions have to be right, present to future, to percieve UFOs.

Basically what he istrying to say is that time is a vortex to our past and present- and I'm wondoring what kind of drugs his doctor got him on this time.

ok i just got hold of these theories my friend had written (before his problems):

THEORIES:

WHICH CAME FIRST:

The age old question that has stumped people for generations, "which came first the chicken or the egg?", really does have an answer.

That answer if different depending on wich view you consider is right.

If you take the view of Creationism, then the chicken came first. Creationism followers believe the Biblical version of God creating everything out of nothing. In the Bible, it says that God created all the animals, birds, and fish. It does not say that he created their eggs. So, for Creationists, the chicken came first.

On the other hand, If your view is Evolution, then it was the egg that came first. With Evolution, the belief is that with gradual changes over many, many years brought the creatures we know of today. That leads us to believe that one day in the past, whenever that was,the first ever chicken, as we know them today was here. With Evolution there had to be an actual first one, so in fact that chicken was hatched out of an egg. So for Evolutionists, the answer is that the egg came first.

David W. Long
7-02

GHOSTS:

Elusive only begins to describe these otherworldly appearances.

Before we get into ghosts we need to discuss time for a while. Time is much more than the seconds, minutes, and hours that tick off on your watch. Every second that ever was and every second that will ever be has already past. Each second of time is constantly
repeated over and over again, and depending on when you percieve your at, your whole life has already been lived over and over. For example, I am 33 years old, which is also as of midnight on Feb. 17th, 2002, I am 1,055,114,400 seconds old. That means there are
that many of me living my past and even more of me living my future simultaneously. You are born, all the days of your life, and your death is played out over and over, along with those of every other being in the universe.

As with lives, the Big Bang is constantly repeated, as is the formation of our Solar System, and the destruction of the known Universe. With all the repeating there had to be the very first time time has played out. This I call the firsttimers.

During the Big Bang, not only matter, time, and energy begin, but the medium which records them all also began. The same matter and energy that was formed from the Big Bang is still all the matter and energy that is around in the universe today. Since matter and energy was recorded to be used over and over, time was also recorded to be played out over and over. The medium on which everything was recorded has vanished since all matter, energy, and time, has been played out by the firsttimers. The Universe has begun and also died already for the firsttimers so nothing else exists. With the recorded time, we play out our lives, every second of it, over and over. So if you don't like the way your life is going, the only
one to blame is the firsttimer of you, because he or she recorded your life for you to relive. That also means that there is no free choice in this world and all things are fated to happen.

Now that I have thoroughly confused everyone reading this, let's move on. I put ghost sightings into four catagories.

The first catagory is where the sightings include only sounds such as rappings, footsteps, or even spectral voices. This is the lowest form of ghostly phenomenon, the conditions not quite right for any visible manifestation.

The second catagory is along with the audio portions, undistinguishable forms are seen. These include lights, smokey forms and clouds, and transparent shapeless forms. With these sightings conditions are close but not exact.

The third catagory is where, along with the audio, deffinate people, animals, or objects are clearly seen, though mostly tranparent, sometimes semmingly solid. The conditions are almost
exactly met but mabey just a degree off.

The fourth catagory, the ones which all conditions are met exactly, is that along with both the audio and visual aspects, the ghost form seems to interact with you personally. This is the highest form of ghostly experience.

The conditions I keep mentioning are things like location, temperature, humidity, time, precipitation, barometric pressure, wind speed, and the general nature of the atmosphere.

Most people consider ghosts as only visions of the past, but, they can also be visions of the future. Future sightings are what people call UFO sightings. The crafts and aliens that are seen are things in our future, the future that is relative to us that is, visiters come to Earth but not for thousands of years from now. Images of these future events are the UFO ghosts seen.

David W. Long
7-02