Insomniak

Snipe snipe snipe...

Ultraviolet said:

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people."

Correction:

"Guns don't kill people, they just make it easier."

All I have to say to this is "feh."

Waldon said:

Now tell us about your country, the shining bastion of freedom, etc. Totally fucking tired of hearing about it. I'm getting bored of seeing every other thread in R&R being anti-US nowadays. Do you all really have this much free time?

Hmmm, when americans spend tons of time and money on sports patriotic propaganda, killing people, etc. they NEVER are people that we should be worrying about "having too much free time". But when people recognize or realize atrocities unfairness and amazingly violent tendencies in our society, THEY are the ones that have too much free time

American double-standard # 3768.3 - if you write bad stuff about the US you have no free time

these could fill up a book

Xian said:

American double-standard # 3768.3 - if you write bad stuff about the US you have no free time

You clearly and totally missed the point of my post, like most people that replied to it. I don't care if someone writes whatever he wants, simply, the increasing number of anti-US threads are making me too damn bored, that's all. I hope you get it now. The factual mistake (who said I was an American) is just the cream on your cake.

Shaviro said:

Another one? Is this guy ever going to stop?

Precisely my thoughts after reading posts #2, #3, #4.

IMO, this guy is a wimp. If he is going to take people's lives, he should at least risk his own.

THANK YOU! now tell that to every Rogue Spear, CS, TFC and MoH sniper in the world please.

I don't care if someone writes whatever he wants, simply, the increasing number of anti-US threads are making me too damn bored

Yeah, there's a lot of damn boring threads here, but that hasn't kept me from reaching 250, yeah! where's the custom avatar option?!

IMJack said:

If it were me being robbed, and I was armed, I'd just let the guy take my wallet. Then shoot him in the back while he was running away.

Heh. I REALLY shouldnt be laughing but...

Waldon said:
Silly me thought that everyone wanted to stop the gun control argument. Guess, I was wrong.
You are standing in an alley. A would-be mugger jumps out; which of these items would you like to be in your pocket?

a) Money
b) A handgun

Neither. I have no desire to kill over something as trivial as money. if however, I was left with no choice, I would rather have an electric taster in my pocket.

pulls out a gun and points it in their faces. Please, whoever thinks guns are made only to kill, think again. In most cases you don't need to use the gun, the idiot criminal runs away instead.

And you expect every body owning a gun to do the same? There are people who will fire at the first sign of anything close to trouble. PEOPLE ARE IDIOTS.

And for the record, the USA dose in fact far exceeds the murder rate of Australia and Great Britain combined (and I mean per head of population). And might I also point out, that the Scandinavian countries (Sweden, Denmark ect.) that have a TOTAL firearms ban (except for the police and armed forces) have the lowest murder rate in the western world. But I tell you what, if you want to live in a country were gun laws are not as strict, Move to the US, and stop trying to convert the other countries. If you can’t, well I guess you will just have to live with it.

You can introduce all the legislation you could ever think of, but it does not hide the fact that guns are used to shoot and kill people. You can try to justify it in as many ways as you want to, but that is the simple truth.

Add the word 'America' to the equation, and the result is not going to be pretty.

If I had only money I'd hand him the money. If I had only a handgun I'd say that I don't have any money. If I had both money and a handgun in my pocket I would wonder what the hell the handgun was doing there and hand the robber my money.

Hurting or killing someone for something as trivial as money is nothing for me. If I on the other hand had a non-leathal weapon in my pocket I'd use it on him and turn him in to the police.

Also, if you pull a gun on him. He'll go to jail jada-jada... and when he comes out he will get a gun to use in his robberies so it wont happen again. And what do you do then? pull out your gun and risk your life (maybe 25% risk or so) or give him your money ($100?). Pulling the gun would basicly mean that you value your life to $400.

Waldon said:

You clearly and totally missed the point of my post, like most people that replied to it. I don't care if someone writes whatever he wants, simply, the increasing number of anti-US threads are making me too damn bored, that's all. I hope you get it now. The factual mistake (who said I was an American) is just the cream on your cake.
Precisely my thoughts after reading posts #2, #3, #4.

your definitley not the only person i was talking about. and i never said you were form the us. If you dont like the truth dont read it, its not like this is corporate advertising or something, you CAN avoid these posts

Xian said:

If you dont like the truth dont read it

Wow, the truth! Well, there's this thing I was always curious about and I think you might be the right person to ask... so; the chicken or the egg?

Waldon said:
Wow, the truth! Well, there's this thing I was always curious about and I think you might be the right person to ask... so; the chicken or the egg?

[Super smart-ass mode]
Well that depends on what you believe…

If you believe Darwin’s’ theory of evolution, then the answer is the egg.
Because evolution occurs through mutations at birth, and as such something that is nearly a chicken lays an egg, within the egg is the embryo of a full chicken.

If, on the other hand, you are a creationist, the answer is the chicken.
Because everything was maid as a fully grown adult the first time around (to look after themselves).
[/Super smart-ass mode]
:)

I SOLVED IT! I SOLVED IT! I AM TEH WIN!!!

GIMME MY PRIZE!!!

It's all about perception of what we believe is true, so either answer is correct...or incorrect perhaps? Wait until you get down to the metaphysics side of things :p

well yeh the dude's gonna take weekends off...just like every other hard working american....He must be working the night shift this week though, hehe

Really though...I wonder what his beef is? Does he have a "legit" motive....or is he just shooting people for shits and giggles?

GS-1719 said:
You can introduce all the legislation you could ever think of, but it does not hide the fact that guns are used to shoot and kill people. You can try to justify it in as many ways as you want to, but that is the simple truth.

Amen! Not to bash anyone in particular here but Americans, in my opinion at least, always seem to be full of their "rights" and their "freedoms"... the "right" to express their opinion, their "right" to carry firearms, their "freedom" to do as they please, etc etc. Aren't we forgetting something important here, folks? Your "rights" and "freedom" are RESTRICTED. Before you go off and whine about me being a dictatorial bastard, think about this: the instant your rights and freedom infringe somebody else's rights and freedom, your rights and freedom END.

So you have the "right" to "defend" yourself, and carry firearms all over? Well, other Americans have the right to live. They have the right and freedom to tank at a gas station without having to worry about being blown away by an unseen high-powered rifle. Your "right" to live your life the way you want it ENDS the moment you are making a nuisance for the people next door, because THEY have those same rights and YOU are infringing upon them.

We ALL live together in a society. Society has rules and laws, intended NOT to butt your "rights" but to ensure EVERYONE has an equal measure of those rights and freedom. You can twist it anyway you want it ("it's my right to carry firearms and defend my home"), but saying otherwise is just an egoistical attempt to act at the expense of others.

In the next issue of The Soapbox: how big countries turn rogue by ignoring international laws and institutions just because they think they have the right. Stay tuned!

Waldon said:

Silly me thought that everyone wanted to stop the gun control argument. Guess, I was wrong.
You are standing in an alley. A would-be mugger jumps out; which of these items would you like to be in your pocket?

a) Money
b) A handgun

Money, dude. If I went out I'd most likely be carrying that and not a gun. I could need money to go to the cinema or to date some chick at a restaurant... but a gun? Not very useful. Also, the most likely thing will be that the mugger comes out of the shadows, pointing the gun at me and asking for money. Unless he's on crack or something, he won't do more than take the money and flee. If I'm armed, he might spot my weapon, panic and shoot, or search me, feel it, get pissed and shoot. I mean, how much training would I need with the gun to be so good that I can be sure that I'll be fast enough to surprise dedicated thieves to "scare them off, or something"?

It happens a lot here to cops, since they are forced by some stupid law to be effectively on service 24 hrs a day. They usually carry a gun. Often they are not ready when a robbery happens, and they die (in some cases it may simply be an assassination ordered by some corrupt police man, but in many cases it's just the result of an armed robbery.)

Mordeth said:
Amen! Not to bash anyone in particular here but Americans, in my opinion at least, always seem to be full of their "rights" and their "freedoms"...(and so on)

I... I Couldn't of put it better myself. Well done!

I think even America's liberal gun laws forbid in most (all?) States, the carrying of a concealed weapon without a special licence, so the arguments about guns protecting you from being mugged in the street does not hold.

Mordeth said:

Before you go off and whine about me being a dictatorial bastard, think about this: the instant your rights and freedom infringe somebody else's rights and freedom, your rights and freedom END.

Your post was a nice reminder of the Your Rights End Where Mines Begin idea, which I absolutely promote, though it was totally out of context and therefore did not make much sense. You pretty much said "you can have a gun but you shall not kill". Everyone knows already, thanks for the reminder. I would be curious of how you think someone owning a gun threatens anyone's rights, though. Before somebody with low comprehension skills -- which I see way too often on this one thread only -- jumps in and yells I HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE THATS WHY, please read again the word "owning a gun".

fodders said:

the arguments about guns protecting you from being mugged in the street does not hold.

Nobody said you cannot get a license, so how does that not hold?
"Generally,
[c]oncealed weapon permits are issued based on a variety of criteria, such as: (1) the objective or subjective (or both) personal qualifications of the individual; (2) background investigations; (3) fingerprint checks for criminal information; and (4) safety training courses or qualification to use a weapon."
Doesn't sound all that tough to me.
Edited for a typo.

Things are basically caused by material conditions, not willful ones. You (I mean the authorites) can say "Don't..." all you want, but as long as the contextual condition allows something it happens. More guns means more deaths.

Anyway, if you (or anyone) really needs a gun for whatever, particularly for not relying on the authorities, I suggest just getting one, and in any case bribing whoever is necessary. If you're not going to rely on their mercy, why rely on their laws at all? And this isn't sarcastic or ironic or anything... if I decided to have a gun, or anything, that isn't legal, I just would do what's simplest and best in order to obtain it and keep it. Why ask for permission?

Waldon said:
Your post was a nice reminder of the Your Rights End Where Mines Begin idea, which I absolutely promote, though it was totally out of context and therefore did not make much sense.

A reminder that you don't have a "right" to carry a gun around.

I would be curious of how you think someone owning a gun threatens anyone's rights, though.

In a society where owning a gun is considered "normal" nobody is safe anymore. That's a fact, supported by real numbers. Currently gun control legislation in the USA is blocked by organisations / persons claiming it is their "right" to own guns. If you can't see the relevance of my previous post... well. Thank god I live in a civilised country.