Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain Red

Strange Doomworlder habits…

Any unusale hobbies and/or habits? come on, out with it!

I have a growing number of midis on my hard drive. I can't get enought of the little buggers.

I sure some of you can do better then that.

I have a shitload of halfassed, half-done sketches of various things in some of my drawers.

When I play Doom and when I keep firing at a group of monsters, I tend to grit my teeth - I also do this in some of the other first person shooters I play, but not all of them.

I sometimes duck or flinch when missiles or rockets are coming towards me. Is that an odd habit, or is it just normal?

Heh sometimes when I'm playing a particularly difficult Doom level and there are a bunch of fireballs or whatever coming my way, and I'm trying to strafe out of the way, I tend to physically move myself in in that direction. :)

Grazza said:

I sometimes duck or flinch when missiles or rockets are coming towards me. Is that an odd habit, or is it just normal?

I think it's normal. I use to move my head sometimes left or right when I need to see around a corner. It's just a reflex.

Hmm. I've got a bunch of map sketches that I'll never complete. One is the size of 8 sheets of paper, and II will do it. it's for E3M6 of freedoom.

That and I pick my nose.

dsm said:
When I play Doom and when I keep firing at a group of monsters, I tend to grit my teeth - I also do this in some of the other first person shooters I play, but not all of them.

heh, I do that...

Grazza said:

... do that to.

I also used to make maps about nothing in particular, just random place, no monsters or weapons, just for my own amusement.

Little Faith said:

I tend to do the Arch Vile dance (attack animation) when I get angry about something.

/Me formats Little Faith's hard drive and steals his copies of Doom, hiding them somewhere underground.
/Me tells Little Faith what has happened.
/Me laughs his ass off when Little Faith does "the archvile attack".

Yup, that's a pretty odd thing to do.

I tend to 'play' (dodging their attacks, but not responding the fire) with slow, non bullet monsters like the imp, cacodemon and hellknight.

Ct_red_pants said:

Any unusale hobbies and/or habits? come on, out with it!

I have a growing number of midis on my hard drive. I can't get enought of the little buggers.

I sure some of you can do better then that.

Heh, I have like 700 midis :P

dsm said:

/Me laughs his ass off when Little Faith does "the archvile attack".

/Me laughs his ass off when dsm then leaps ten feet into the air, lands in a bloodied heap and has to wait for Little Faith to resurrect him.

I sometimes think I ought to wallrun when I'm in a hurry to get to the shops. And I do straferun up the stairs sometimes.

Shaviro said:

I tend to 'play' (dodging their attacks, but not responding the fire) with slow, non bullet monsters like the imp, cacodemon and hellknight.

You can do that with revenants too, if you get close enough to them. It's risky though.

Darkstalker said:

I have 2972 midi files on my computer + ~2000 on various backup cd's.

Fredrik said:

I have 572 MIDI files which I've made myself :P

And they all belong to me...yes they do.

Shaviro said:

And they all belong to me...yes they do.

Ah, Fredrik, I told you to look at the small text before signing with a producer.

myk said:

Ah, Fredrik, I told you to look at the small text before signing with a producer.

I told him that, too, but he wouldn't listen :)

Darkstalker said:

Heh, and I thought I had alot... I have around 250-300 midis.

Hmm, odd Doomish habits. I tend to think up a "really good" mod to make, but it usually ends up being abandoned or rarily worked on.

Lizardcommando said:
Hmm, odd Doomish habits. I tend to think up a "really good" mod to make, but it usually ends up being abandoned or rarily worked on.

that's like %90 of the mod making community. :)

I have this strange habit of repeatedly playing an old computer game that must be almost 10 years old. Most people think I'm mad and behind the times.

Seriously though. When standing on a high sector I tend to lean towards the monitor in an attempt to see over the edge of the 'ledge' (I do this more in Quake than Doom).

Ct_red_pants said:

Ditto :D

Shaviro said:

I do that also, But I mainly do it with a Cyber Demon(s), for many hours on end actually, until my puter crashes that is...

When a projectile comes at me and im really not ready for it, I get really shaky and slam down a strafe key. I always just make it out alive.

Weird hobbies...? Uhh, an XM/S3M/MOD collection which I used to place in WADs for ZDooM... What fun...

Oh, and I tend to break keyboards, but only if my opponent is really really good. To avoid a thread called 'What keys break first on your keyboard' I'd have to say (no mouse-play): Right-ctrl, Right-shift

When fighting large amounts of monsters I often try to make sure the monsters are distributed evenly over the floor.

Also I always try to make cacodemon corpses drop down into holes.