Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

people

Torn:
I have heard 15% of the earth's people is gay. So I guess it should be normal soon....

OH MY GOD; they`re multiplying!!!

AndrewB said:
Calling a person "gay" for no appropriate reason is no better than looking at a homeless black woman and saying "Look, it's a dumb ______ _____!" People who use the word "gay" in a negative context are the root of all hate crimes against homosexuals. Eventually it gets burned into people's minds that "gay" is "bad," and then some people go out of their way to prove they're not "gay," by killing a homosexual.

In my opinion, only sad and conformist individuals use the term "gay" to describe something bad.

Fill in the blanks, and you’ve got my sentiments exactly!!

Heh, the blanks meant "sublime goddess."

Terminology is only part of the "problem." The causes are material, and of course speech is material, but it's often treated as something we truly have power over, and that isn't really very true. Words mutate all the time and mean different things depending on the context. I'd suggest using speech how one likes it. At least part of what we say will end up annoying someone. It's no big deal really unless you live with the people you annoy or deal with them a lot. For instance I find blanks in a sentence to be gay and retarded.

fodders said:
Would seem stupid to try to offend someone without using words that offend them.

But why is it necessary to degrade and entire minority grope just because somebody who is not connected with them in anyway annoys you?

myk said:
Heh, the blanks meant "sublime goddess."

Terminology is only part of the "problem." The causes are material, and of course speech is material, but it's often treated as something we truly have power over, and that isn't really very true. Words mutate all the time and mean different things depending on the context. I'd suggest using speech how one likes it. At least part of what we say will end up annoying someone. It's no big deal really unless you live with the people you annoy or deal with them a lot. For instance I find blanks in a sentence to be gay and retarded.

Say what you want, but when gay is used to call something bad, it’s saying “gay = bad so gay people = bad people”. But you think it’s OK because everybody else says it? You poor fools.

What really annoys me about this is the fact that we bitch about how “open minded” and “accepting” then when we were 50 years ago, but really we’re the same ignorant fascists that we’ve always been.

As for people who use the argument that “it’s OK for me to call you gay, because I dot have anything ageist gay people and I don’t mean it!”

In that case, it’s OK for me to call you a “nigger”, because I don’t have anything ageist black people, and I don’t mean it!

Well, you don't mind using the term fascist as something very ugly, but some people out there consciously consider themselves fascists. Also, are these people using the terms that you find unacceptable (in those usages) really fascist?

myk said:
Well, you don't mind using the term fascist as something very ugly, but some people out there consciously consider themselves fascists. Also, are these people using the terms that you find unacceptable (in those usages) really fascist?

Ah! But I don’t like fascists. So there for, if I call somebody a fascist, It’s because as far as I concerned, he/she damn well is a fascist. unlike calling something gay because it annoys you or you don’t like it. Which might as well mean “I hate queers”.

An yes. I think fascist is appropriate, but I might now change that to “Fascist in denial”. Why? You called Shapshifter a “fascist lamer” because he was a raciest. What wrong with me calling someone a fascist for being a homophobe? It’s the same damn thing.

I myself only seldom use terms in a stereotyped insulting manner, as I find it more fun and effective to use more elaborate, although often pretty staightforward, language when driving a point. That thing about ShapeShifter was more of a word game with his title (I do not know that person and do not know if he or she is truly a racist or whatever) so not something to be taken too seriously. If you start complaining about standard word usages, to me you're lost in respect to them just as much as, if not more than, if you use them periodically and predictably.

If someone between the ages of 10 and 25 calling something gay isn't stereotypical, then prey tell, what is?

I do agree however, that "fascist" is a little over used. So I guess I should avoid jumping on the band wagon, but I still say that use of the word gay and an alterative for the word dumb is Ignorant, or homophobic.

When i insult people i dont use works like "Gay" "fag" "Whore" "homo" ect...I tend to use words that confuse them, like "the" and "and"...keeps them thinking for hours...

DOOM Anomaly said:
When i insult people i dont use works like "Gay" "fag" "Whore" "homo" ect...I tend to use words that confuse them, like "the" and "and"...keeps them thinking for hours...

..Example?

Ct_red_pants said:

..Example?

Bah, im not gunna tell you, You'll steal my material. :P

However, if sum1 insults me, I dont counter insult them, I accept the insult, and insult myself along with them.

Eg:

Jack Daniels: "Dude, you suck ass"

Me: "Damm straight, I'm the Master of Sucking ass."
-
John Smith; "Dude, you're gay, go back to the homo house."

Me: "I can't, they won't let me back in...too violent my ass..."
-
Cat in the Hat: "Dude, you're a ugly fag, die already."

Me: "Yes, I know, Everybody makes mistakes, Im mother nature's."

..There are more ones, and better ones, but im to lazy to post em', so bite me.

EDIT: heres one last one, just cuz...

Bruce Wayne: "Dude you're a nerd, alls you do is play computer games, you nerd."

Me: "Yep :D, However, im not a nerd, nerds are smart..."

DOOM Anomaly said:
Cat in the Hat: "Dude, you're a ugly fag, die already."

Me: "Yes, I know, Everybody makes mistakes, Im mother nature's."

I had no idea the Cat in the Hat was such aa arse! Next time you see him, kick him in the nuts for me will ya?

Ct_red_pants said:

I had no idea the Cat in the Hat was such aa arse! Next time you see him, kick him in the nuts for me will ya?

I would, but his plastic ones dont count..