Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Ultimate DooMer

Favourite level themes?

What's your favourite level style/theme?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favourite level style/theme?

• Hellish
    • Gothic/medieval
    • Mountain/cave
    • City
    • Industrial
    • Futuristic/hi-tech
    • Phobos-style bases
    • DooM 2-style bases
    • Weird and wonderful
    • None of the above

Little Faith said:

Actually, I have nothing against B'n'M levels. It just got a bit too much at moment.

I can never have too much of it... well, in fact it´s a little hard to find good ones like Richard´s (if someone knows about others like that, tell me!). Recently, we had Jayxtee´s Murderous Intent. Man, it took me some tries to be able to escape the attacks coming from all the sides right in the start of map03!

Grazza said:

DSV4 Map31 was disco themed. Kind of cool.

DOOM Anomaly
Ohhhhh Yah! Bitchin' level, and teh worlds most best tunes to it. It one of me favourite levels. :D

That map seems to be a free recreation of Club Doom (look at the 2nd screenshot), from the PlayStation. But that DSV4 map31 has that dance song in which a guy sings (*Cacodreams hums*): "Babe don´t hurt me... don´t hurt me... no more". And then you go there and hurt a huge crowd of monsters... :D Blood on the dancefloor, baby!

Cacodreams said:

That map seems to be a free recreation of Club Doom (look at the 2nd screenshot), from the PlayStation. But that DSV4 map31 has that dance song in which a guy sings (*Cacodreams hums*): "Babe don´t hurt me... don´t hurt me... no more". And then you go there and hurt a huge crowd of monsters... :D Blood on the dancefloor, baby!

yes, I was well aware of this when i first played the map, thanks anyway. :D

I like all styles, as long as they have decent aesthetics. Original, unique levels are always nice so that's where my vote goes.

Gothic/Medievil, with some SP_ROCK added of course. I like tech too, the Pain Megawad is gonna have a great tech theme.

Cacodreams said:

But that DSV4 map31 has that dance song in which a guy sings (*Cacodreams hums*): "Babe don´t hurt me... don´t hurt me... no more". And then you go there and hurt a huge crowd of monsters... :D Blood on the dancefloor, baby!

It's not the first time that music has been used in a Doom map. It was used in Kaboom.wad. This is quite a nice wad, but I think you need to use Boom (rather than merely a Boom-compatible port) for everything to look as intended.

Cacodreams said:

Yep, good map, good tune (even though it's 10 years old - What is Love by Haddaway if anyone's wondering what it is).

Now, if only you could restart the tune after quickloading, and also be able to see everything on the map. (damn thing limit)