• The newspaper
    • The author of the article
    • The rioters themselves
    • The Miss World pageant
    • The Islamic faith
    • Humanity in general
    • God
    • Nobody

The rioters themselves, IMO. Riots don't happen unless rioters make them.

The rioters. Bunch o' religious extremist freaks. They should be horse whipped, chained to an old wooden wheel and have their bones systematically broken with a steel rod.

Humanity in general. i'd say the rioters themselves but people were probably at fault on both sides of this little scuffle. what kind of dumb bastard riots over a comment about their religion? morons!

fundamentalism stops a thinking mind. :-]

One thing is that they use this as an excuse to riot, a completely different thing is that the rioters assaulted and brutally murdered innocent bystanders - I'd want to see them soiled in their own worthless blood, begging for mercy just before they die (note: This comment was just to let off some steam).

They rioted after leaving Friday prayers, they were instigated by the Imman(s) who led the prayers...ergo the fault lies with the faith.

Actually, I don't care. But you know what? Today I was at the inauguration of a house where flamenco is taught (a kind of spanish dance) and one of the girls told me one of the elder women that was dancing (still having a good body though) was elected Miss World in the 60s or 70s...

What about the christian faith?

Like most of the porblems it centers around the christian minority dominating the Muslim majority. As well as violent residue from imperialism.

and of course like any industrialized country, the general population is being misled by the media into not participating into things that might actually affect their lives as workers and instead funneling their (very justified) rage into useless crap like sports and miss world pagents

So to sum it up i blame the non-secular religions of the reigon along with the media in that country. Obviously people arent just looking for reasons to hurt each other, it takes a lot to push a person to kill another. dont beleive the propaganda about inhabitants of the thrid-world, theyre no more violent and fundamentalist than the first

Fredrik said:
Face it, 90% of the world's conflicts are about religion.

No. %40 of the world conflicts are about Fear and ignorance, %10 'on the spot' passion, and %50 greed. Thou, religion can insight fear and ignorance.

Fanaticism isn’t a cause, it’s a symptom.

Fredrik said:

Face it, 90% of the world's conflicts are about religion.

90% of the World's conflicts involve the abuse of religion, but are certainly not caused by religion.

90% of the World's conflicts involve the abuse of religion, but are certainly not caused by religion.

Yes they are. And that argument is completely ridiculous, of course these people are abusing their religion, but then, religion is still the cause, because without it, they wouldn't have a motive.

If we removed all religion today, we'd have world peace in a year.

Fredrik said:

Yes they are. And that argument is completely ridiculous, of course these people are abusing their religion, but then, religion is still the cause, because without it, they wouldn't have a motive.

Religion is often used as a excuse to start a war. If there were no religions they would just make another excuse. Most of the wars are to get more power and wealth.

Can't we all just come up with one religion, so no one would fight over it?
All religions are based on old dusty books anyway, so let's write our own :)

Fredrik said:

You know what? Violent games and movies cause shooting sprees!!! If we ban Violent Games and movies, then there would be no youth Violence within a year.

because of corse, people are never to blame. as long as we can pin the blame on somthing we don't like, then we can do WTF we whant!

Fredrik said:

That claim is so incredibly naive that I'm at a loss of words to describe it.
If we removed all religion today, people will just find other methods of concealing their power grabbing agendas and we will still have wars

Oh well, the claim that I just dismissed was written by a 17-year old anyway, go figure.

Ct_red_pants said:

You know what? Violent games and movies cause shooting sprees!!! If we ban Violent Games and movies, then there would be no youth Violence within a year.

If that happens, then I'd probably have killed myself two years ago duue to very excessive boredom and depression. Naw, just kidding. Serious though, If they got rid of the teen pop culture, THEN there'd be no school shootings and such.

Religion is bullshit;
Smack a star dammit.
Kill tha pop cuture;
Goverment like vulture.

(My mind is works differently than yours)

ravage said:

Religion is bullshit;
Smack a star dammit.
Kill tha pop cuture;
Goverment like vulture.

(My mind is works differently than yours)

lol

I think that it was incredibly stupid of the author to write that though. I mean, why would you make a religious reference like that to a bunch of extremists? Idiot. It's comparable to shoving a stick up a sleeping bear's ass.

Fredrik said:

Yeah, right. People would still find reasons to fight, riot, and have wars, religion or not.

The causes of conflics are material, religion is just the "language" of these conflicts (or part of it.)