Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pritch

Finally, a new car..

So, after three years of driving a gutless, rotting rusty old Nissan Bluebird around, I finally get hold of some decent wheels.

Actually, it's almost as old. 1989 Mercedes 190E with AMG upgrades. 2.3 litre n/a engine delivers somewhere in the region of 200hp, though it needs some attention. It came with £2000 of AMG alloys on it, and I paid £1500 for the car. I need to spend a further £5000 on it to make it truly awesome. I'm getting me the AMG 190E body kit and I've already procured the blacked out lights for the rear. I'm also lining up 2000 watts of ICE (there's a big boot (trunk) :)

Kain, whassup with your CRX project?

Anyone else got any car-related plans up their sleeves?

darknation said:

I got a bicycle.

I bike.

AirRaid said:

My only 'car related' plans are -

'Don't get hit by any'

My plans as well. Much more dangerous on the above answer. :(

So your ricing your car out? Are you going to get a "Type R" sticker for your car even though it's not a Type R, only the 3rd gen Integra is. No there is not a type r civic out there, despite all the stickers. It is being released next year. Please don't get big fat rims, a GIGANTIC rear spoiler, a gay body kit, clear tail lights (black ones are just as gay), or a giant fart can exhaust, that TRIES to make your car sound fast. Trust me, it looks gay. The ricer image used to be cool but a lot of people are catching on and it looks gay man. Just spend the 5000 pounds on a good paintjob, and the rest on reliability issues, cleaning the car, and modifications. Don't be a ricer, I'm trying to save you! riceboypage.com will answer all your questions. Guys trying to look fast but are really slow.

No there is not a type r civic out there, despite all the stickers. It is being released next year.

I agree with you on the whole econocar rice shit, but there was a Civic Type R http://gtbros.com/ek_model.jpg and if you want more proof play gran turismo 3 and read the Civic Type R history. They just weren't released in the U.S.

Alientank said:

HEH

I hate those cars. The most annoying thing is that gay sound the exhaust makes...fucking lame.

I am getting a new stereo for me car...well i've got it, now I just have to put it in...

I'm getting a Lotus Exige soon. Hell of a step down from what I currently drive, but what I currently drive is far, far, too much of a cop magnet. Not that the Exige won't be, but still. It's prettier, at least. :P

Alientank said:

So your ricing your car out? Are you going to get a "Type R" sticker for your car even though it's not a Type R, only the 3rd gen Integra is. No there is not a type r civic out there, despite all the stickers. It is being released next year. Please don't get big fat rims, a GIGANTIC rear spoiler, a gay body kit, clear tail lights (black ones are just as gay), or a giant fart can exhaust, that TRIES to make your car sound fast. Trust me, it looks gay. The ricer image used to be cool but a lot of people are catching on and it looks gay man. Just spend the 5000 pounds on a good paintjob, and the rest on reliability issues, cleaning the car, and modifications. Don't be a ricer, I'm trying to save you! riceboypage.com will answer all your questions. Guys trying to look fast but are really slow.

Heh, this is going to be an über-understated Mercedes, not a razzamatazz boy racer'd Ford, so panic not, my concsious friend.

Heh, things are already going bizarre. I took it on teh motorway for the first time last night and some dickhead went nuts and blew his horn as I passed normally him at 80, causing him to pass me at 100 and zoom off into the sunset. If this is going to be the reaction maybe I'll stick to the city.

SlowMotionHobo said:

I agree with you on the whole econocar rice shit, but there was a Civic Type R http://gtbros.com/ek_model.jpg and if you want more proof play gran turismo 3 and read the Civic Type R history. They just weren't released in the U.S.

Sorry, shoulda said "none in Canada or the US until next year". But ya, don't rice it out, please for the love of god! 17 inch rims and a nice paint job, and a bit bigger exhaust are ok but not the 3.5 inch fart can's, stickers galor, and 19 inch rims.

Cars are evil hunks of metal and oil that deal out more death each year than a hundred plane crashes.

I'll be floating about in heaven before i ever slide behind the wheel of one of those things.

I agree with Alientank, don't put some coffee can exhaust that actually raises your backpressure, making you LOSE hp! About the body kit, is it made by AMG? Do they do wind tunnel testing? I think body kits are OK, IF they actually help in the aerodynamics on the car(such as Mugen's RSX kit, but a bit pricey) and for christ's sake, dont put some overkill drag car wing on it, that would seriously look dumb on an MB. I don't get some people, a wing on a front wheel drive?? Can you say understeer? Bigger wheels are nice, since they add better traction to the mix, not to mention "other" factors (hehe).