• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Red

Should the Simpsons be ended?

Should they stop making new episodes?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Should they stop making new episodes?

• Yes. It is way past its use by date.
    • No. It is still great!
    • I abstain.

I added a new option, because I simply couldn't decide. I certainly think that the format is now tired, but I cannot ruleout the possibility of missing out on the occasional bout of Groening genius should it be axed, so..

most of the new episodes are getting bad. but maybe because we have seen so many. They may be good if the series was new. but it has been done before. so it should end soon.

mostly the same reason people say things were better when they were kids. because it is no longer new to them.

I think for the final ever episode they should show what the Simpsons would have been like if they'd actually aged, or something.

NiGHTMARE said:

I think for the final ever episode they should show what the Simpsons would have been like if they'd actually aged, or something.

...and even that has been done some times, but then as being a dream or fortune teller ... telling. Examples: Lisa's Wedding, Bart to the Future

Some people do like it you know :P

I agree that some of the new ones are crap and lack good comedy, but their are still good episodes.

mmnpsrsoskl said:

Some people do like it you know :P

Some Americans like it, who by the way scored dead last among developed nations in guessing the population of THE UNITED STATES. So yeah, Americans have relatively Ralph Wiggum standards when it comes to entertainment (among other things).

The Simpsons as it is now would be shunned out of production if it were made in almost any other country.

AndrewB said:

Some Americans like it, who by the way scored dead last among developed nations in guessing the population of THE UNITED STATES. So yeah, Americans have relatively Ralph Wiggum standards when it comes to entertainment (among other things).

The Simpsons as it is now would be shunned out of production if it were made in almost any other country.

Politically correct bullshit. I said 250 million, and I like the simpsons.

IMJack said:

And thank whatever it doesn't have any movies.

Why is that? How do you know that there was a Simpsons movie, it wouldn't be of good quality? If there was a movie, it would be good, I'm pretty sure.

Oh, and by the way, Matt Groening has virtually nothing to do with the creation of any of the now Simpsons episodes. He hasn't been regularly involved in production of the show for over 10 years.

AndrewB said:

Oh, and by the way, Matt Groening has virtually nothing to do with the creation of any of the now Simpsons episodes. He hasn't been regularly involved in production of the show for over 10 years.

got proof?

DooMBoy said:

Why is that? How do you know that there was a Simpsons movie, it wouldn't be of good quality? If there was a movie, it would be good, I'm pretty sure.

There are two possible types of movie spinoffs for a TV show:

1: A retelling, an entirely different continuity from the original series, including an origin story and an "epic-level" plotline. Example: The Addams Family.

2: An episode within the "canon" continuity. Essentially a normal episode's worth of material stretched to last three times as long. Example: The X-Files.

Neither is a good thing. There are far more examples of this in Japanese television/movies, and it's even worse.

Well, there will be a movie. It's in the contract. The Simpson's are obligated for at least one motion picture. Err, now I need to find out where I read that.