Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomedout

Other games doomers play

I was wondering, what games do you guys play other than obviously doom.
Currently I am playing counterstrike and warcraft 3. Have not played doom in a long time though. :(

My computer can't handle all the latest games so I get to play the somewhat older ones. I've got Baldur's Gate and Quake 2 on my PC right now.
Oh and I still play doom EVERY day.

Well, half-life for one. Single player half-life that is (NOT Counter strike!!!). I also love RtCW to bits, and I still say System Shock 2 is the greatest game ever made. Bar none. I've been mucking around with allot of build games to. (Not much depth, but fun as hell!).

For Multiplayer... well not much since all the quake 3 severs disappeared. (Or maybe I need to upgrade my version of quake 3). Uhh that’s all I can think of off the top of my head.

Heh, to tell the truth, I haven't been playing nealy anything past few days. School is taking all my time :(

If I would be playing something right now though, it would propably be Doom. I just got PS2 and five games, but I don't like them that much, I probaply don't want to play them after christmas... Btw, I'm planning on starting to play QuakeII again.

When I find the time to play, I play Grand Theft Auto 3 and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3. And I hope and pray the respective sequels to each of those games eventually find their way to the PC.

Hmm, I own Half Life and Opposing Force and played them both recently, but truth be told, I really regret that I ever bought them because they're only fun at first, then they get so annoying that I find myself hoping that I'll soon finish the game, for me at least.

Apart from that I own RtCW (Best fps with an sp campaign since Doom 2!), Quake 1/2/3 although I also regret that I ever got Q3A - that game doesn't excite me at all - , Wolfenstein 3d, Diablo, Diablo II and C&C: Tiberian Sun (although I don't really play it anymore).

I have not included the mission packs that I own for some of the games mentioned above.

Two or three years ago I played both Tiberian Sun and Starcraft actively, but I've realized that I don't find them as immersively interesting as a good FPS, so I've pretty much abandoned them. I passed my copy of Starcraft on to my brother because he likes the strategy kind of thing (which I also did when I was younger).

I play mostly FPSs, because you get into them quickly and because you can finish the levels rather quickly too - what I dislike about RTSs is that sometimes the levels take forever to complete because first you have to collect a shitload of resources and then you have to gradually weaken your enemies' defenses which can be a slow and painful process (I usually don't like to get half of all my units killed on a suicidal rush attack, so I do my best to preserve them), something which I've grown thoroughly tired of since.

[edit]How the HELL could I forget HeXen??? That game is easily one of my fav games after Doom[/edit]

Btw, has anyone here played Jagged Alliance 2. That's one of my all time favourite games. I haven't been playing it much lately though, because there is not enough space for it in the hard drive now :)

EDIT: I suppose there aren't many. This is a Doom forum after all...

Nothing, at least not regularly or "seriously", at all. Recently I played 1 heretic map a bit (e1m1) and doodled for a few minutes in half-life.

I get bored with most games after playing them for a while, but the games I see myself returning to play after some time:

-Return to Castle Wolfenstein
-Grand Theft Auto 3 (and only 3!)
-Strife (dunno why really, I kinda like the story)
-Solitaire (Dutch ppl call it 'patience')
-Cartman's Authoritah (I think I'll forget this one when I finished it)

...and I'm still looking for a game I had a while ago. A super mario-like game, made by Russians, but with DooM sprites, textures and sounds!

--ADDED

And thanks to Cpt. RedPants I can pick up where I left off some years ago :D DooM 2D indeed ;)

Baldur's Gate 2. I am a regular over at Ironworksforums under the nick Indemaijinj. They're going through a LĂ¼t scandal and an old-timer exodus ATM, so send them some happy thoughts.

Starcraft.

Civilization 2 (probably one of the most easily moddable games out there) all game data files are in .txt or .gif format.

Alpha Centauri (almost as easy though I have yet to find the unit 3d models).

I can't get Descent to work properly on my computer, Waaah! Ă³_Ă²

I wish I was into Stars!, but I have yet to register the shareware demo. (I don't own any credit card and can't pay online).

If anyone knows about any Shadow of the Beast roms send me a PM.

diablo
diablo 2
america's army
counter-strike
minesweeper
jedi knight 2
deus ex
quake 2
quake 3
rebellion

I play alot of Unreal and Unreal Tournament. At work/school, since we have a T3 connection, and my server is 30' away from me, I play alot of Quake2 on Railz Arena (or whatever it is). Occasionally, I like to play Shogo (anime Doom game, heh), Rise of The Triad, Wolf3d, RtCW...

I also play my NeoGeo emulator a whole lot. Garou: Mark of The Wolves, The Last Blade 2, and Aero Fighters 2. Play my XBox alot, mostly Halo right now. PSX, with SoulBlade, DoA, or Tenchu. And my Sega Saturn with Space Hulk: Vengence of The Blood Angles (one of the best games ever made, I swear!). Also play my Dreamcast quite often, using Quake3 or Shenmue. Also still play the first RTS game ever made: Herzog Zwei for the Sega Genesis (Damn, is that one fun!). I'm more of a retrogamer, I guess.

Unreal Tournament 2003, Half-Life Day of Defeat, Crimsonland, arcade games on MAME, old console games through emulation, Deus Ex, Doom III leaked alpha, Supreme Snowboarding, and a bit of Q3 Generations Arena.

I'm not playing any computer games at the moment. But, I'm at the end of VC and and still somewhere in the middle of Metroid Fusion.

My PC wouldn't stand a chance trying to run the latest titles, so it's (relative) oldies for me :

Homeworld
Halflife
X-Wing Alliance
Quake
Quake II
Quake III
BattleZone
Star Wars Supremacy
Dark Forces
Jedi Knight
X - Beyond the Fontier (amazing game)

Blood
Blood 2
Duke 3d
Duke Manhattan Project
Shadow Warrior
Quake
Quake II
Quake III
Unreal
UT
UT 2K3

And pretty much every other FPS or action game.

Doom
Rpg Maker 2000
Hexen 2
Quake 2
Heretic
Hexen
Diablo
Diablo2-LOD
Furcadia
Tyrian-Shareware
Raptor: Call of the Shadows (registered:) )
Slay 95 (gawd that's old)
SimCity 2000
ROTT
Moraff's Dungeons of the Unforgiven (anotehr really old one)
Doom
Megarace2-Shareware
Terminal Velocity-Shareware
Descent
Descent 2-Shareware
Strife
Runescape
Hocus Pocus (yet another old one)
Phantasia (wwwwaaaayyy too old, its a text game!)
Shadow Caster (another old)
Powerslave Demo
Ut, when I find the CD...
Re-Volt Demo
Warcraft 2

Ok, that's enough for now... (you can tell I like older games best...)

It was ATM games, I'm so fucking addicted to warcraft 3 its not even funny, its been ages since I played a FPS....MUST PLAY DOOM NOW!!!!!

P.S. Blizzard should be banned for making such addictive games! After world of warcraft of course! :P

Currently I am playing the UT2K3 demo and No One Lives Forever. I've also been playing Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics

for other PC games I play:

Warcraft: Orcs and Humans
Warcraft II: The Tides Of Darkness
Warcraft II: Beyond The Dark Portal
Warcraft III: Reign Of Chaos
Wolfenstien 3-D
Return To Castle Wolfenstien
Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Quake II
Heretic
Hexen
Dance With Intesnity

And even Windows games I love..

Chips Challenge
Jezzball
Skifree
Pipe Dream

And as for the consloe games I play, trust me it is FAR to numerous to list here. I have roughly 160-170 console games..

Ct_red_pants said:

I thought this was just games were playing ATM, and not every game we ever liked...

Gee, I wish you said that in teh first place.

Doom & Raptor.

There, you happy now? :P

I re-immerged myself into Operation Flashpoint (and found a copy of its add-on : Resistance. It quickly ran out of stock when the shops got it, heh). Lot of America's Army (yeah, I love realistic FPSs), MOHAA and of course Doom (not as much as before tho, but still remains my favourite game of all times).

In general I play more FPSs than anything. But I like playing other game genres except Space RTSs. I don't find anything attracting in them.

first, I will list EVERY game I own legally (and play, I sold almost all my games, so the ones I kept are my playing ones)
N64: DooM64, HeXen, Rush 2049, WDC
SNES: DooM (maybe, I don't know if it is still home)
PC: starcraft (I don't know if my dad sold it like I said he could)

I have doom illegally.

that is all
today I played many different games:
MOH:AA, RtCW, DooM 2, heretic, starcraft..
but I don't play games too often.

I make it a point to own all of the games I actually play. I basically play classics, and sequels to classics. I love Castlevania, Doom, Resident Evil, Street Fighter and Metroid. I also play TONS of SNES and 2D games. Sure, I'll play new games, but it has to be pretty damn special to hold my interest for more than a day.

And the classic Tetris holds my interest to this day.