Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dsm

Game realism

How do you like realism in games?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like realism in games?

• Ultra-realism, CS style or semi-CS style
    • Screw realism! Total fantasy with NO realism is the way to go!
    • Balance between limited realism and fantasy
    • I don\'t give a shit, now can I go back to playing?

Ct_red_pants said:

<<<RANT ALERT>>>
There are three main reasons why Counter strike is so popular:
#1 It fun team based combat.
#2 It’s dirt cheap (or free if you own Half Life)
#3 It’s realistic (More or less).

Its pretty realistic. Crouching increases accuracy; more chance of getting a head shot, side-stepping insures a higher probability that you will stay alive, weapons each have different characteristics(some have high accuracy with sustained fire but lack the rate of fire or penetration (mp5), some have low accuracy with sustained fire but have large penetration(ak47), sniping involves alot of skill and many other reasons. All these add up to an infinite amount of possibilities, I play CS alot and still have yet to try everything out, it seems limitless to say the least. Why you all ask me? Strategy, I love strat games, and cs is not only the most addictive multiplayer game EVER(yes it beats quake3, although quake3 is more cool), it involves a LOT of strat and thinking particularily when the competition gets tough.

What does dirt cheap have to do with anything? Its a quality game, please admit it.

doomedout said:

What does dirt cheap have to do with anything? Its a quality game, please admit it.

I think CS is one of the worst mp games i've played. Boring, butt-ugly, slow, full of flaws, repetitive and many other reasons.

Shaviro said:

I think CS is one of the worst mp games i've played. Boring, butt-ugly, slow, full of flaws, repetitive and many other reasons.

Can't argue with that, one man's garbage is another man's treasure.
To reiterate, different strokes for different folks.

However, repetitive-no. Maybe the maps.

doomedout said:

It has everything to do with it. it's dirt cheap to buy, and it's dirt cheap to run (low specs). so, in effect, more people can run it.

And I guess it is quality for a half-life mod. But IMO, thanks to all the cheats, morons, and arseholes it’s really not worth the time nor 70+MB downloads just to get the stupid thing to work. Give me Quake 3 over CS any day.

Have any of you ever crouched while trying to fire a firearm? IT DOESN'T WORK! It sure in the hell doesn't make you more accurate. Sitting down does, but that's not what you're doing in these games. Standing and prone are the best positions for accurate shooting.

Katarhyne said:

Have any of you ever crouched while trying to fire a firearm? IT DOESN'T WORK! It sure in the hell doesn't make you more accurate. Sitting down does, but that's not what you're doing in these games. Standing and prone are the best positions for accurate shooting.

Bullshit! I've tried firing from a standing position and I couldn't hit shit, then I went into a crouch and my results were drastically improved, then I went into prone position and my results were improved even more. So there.

The secret to firing is as follows :

Breathing
Being relaxed
Muscle control

If you are breathing hard, you foul your aim. If you are shaking from being tense, you also foul your aim. If you are all twitchy and shit, you once again will foul your aim.