1. 1. Have you ever loved someone?

• Yes, there is such a thing as true love
    • Yes, but there is no such thing as true love
    • No, but there is such a thing as true love
    • No, and I like my lonly misery
    • Don\'t care
    • Huh?

DOOM Anomaly said:

There is indeed something known as 'true love' its just that some havent experienced it yet. I for one have and am currently, so yes, I do believe there is True love, for I have found mine in a certain someone...except they're taken...

It's quite naive to say true love doesnt exist, cause people only say that when they havent experienced it or have, but deny it usually due to a bad encounter.

True love does exist, I know, I've experienced it and currently am, so if you do not want true love, you're missing out on a unexplainable feeling that will have you in awe and marvel as to how much that person means to you and makes you feel.

WTF, aren't you like 14?

DOOM Anomaly said:

Yes, DOOM Anomaly just turned Teh 14. What you trying to implement?

Teen flings are not true love. Trust me. I've had girlfriends that I thought were the greatest thing ever, but I'm not even with them anymore.

DOOM Anomaly said:

Yes, DOOM Anomaly just turned Teh 14. What you trying to implement?

That you have no idea what you're talking about.

Archvile46 said:

Teen flings are not true love. Trust me. I've had girlfriends that I thought were the greatest thing ever, but I'm not even with them anymore.

Yes, but We are all entitled as to what we believe, I don't believe what I am in is true love, I moretheless know it, its naive for me to say this but its equally naive for anyone else to contridict how I feel and my life, you dont know what I like right now, so pretty much, you're talking out of pure quessing. What I am in doesn't have anything to do with what you had, even though I don't have a girlfriend and I never have, I know what this is, so dont tell me what My emotions are, you don't know, you only know what you went through, not what I am. And for that matter, you have no idea what I have done for her and to stay in communication with her.

Psyonisis said:

That you have no idea what you're talking about.

Likewise.

DOOM Anomaly said:

Yes, but We are all entitled as to what we believe, I don't believe what I am in is true love, I moretheless know it, its naive for me to say this but its equally naive for anyone else to contridict how I feel and my life, you dont know what I like right now, so pretty much, you're talking out of pure quessing. What I am in doesn't have anything to do with what you had, even though I don't have a girlfriend and I never have, I know what this is, so dont tell me what My emotions are, you don't know, you only know what you went through, not what I am. And for that matter, you have no idea what I have done for her and to stay in communication with her.

Trust me, what you may think as love right now is nothing but a teenager attracted to another one. You say it's love, but she clearly hasn't returned the "love," as you're not even with her.

Archvile46 said:

Trust me, what you may think as love right now is nothing but a teenager attracted to another one. You say it's love, but she clearly hasn't returned the "love," as you're not even with her.

Being with her has nothing to do with the ammount in which how deep the feelings and emotions are, besdies, I can still be in love and not be her boyfriend. And I'm not following a ghost in which I am just being leaded by a fake that wont love me back. She loves me, but just isn't with me, moretheless, its her decision. ..And Trust you? its hard to trust living on deceit and betrayal, but I'll stand by, I know what I am doing, much unlike on these forums, so I'll do what I see fit, and what I believe is better, for shes the only who cares for me so why not risk everything Trying to be with her?

Now, is this even on topic?...I know its about love which this thread was created, but isnt it a bit carried away? meh.

DOOM Anomaly said:

Being with her has nothing to do with the ammount in which how deep the feelings and emotions are...

I'd have to agree with that whole-heartidly (SP?). My girlfriend and I are truely in love (we return the love both ways, btw, Archvile46), but we don't see each other that often. She's busy as hell with school and her life. I don't know how many community service things she does, she's in Honor Society, and does Softball for 11 of the 12 months out of the year (I'm not exaggerating either). I'm usually pretty busy with school, and now that I work at DU, I'm gone more often to boot. But we still love each other. Afterall, don't they say that "absence makes the heart grow fonder"?

IOW, I believe true love exists.

DOOM Anomaly said:

Being with her has nothing to do with the ammount in which how deep the feelings and emotions are,

You think these emotions and feelings are so deep, but they're really not. If you still even know her in 10 years, let alone are in love with her, then I'll admit my wrongness.

besdies, I can still be in love and not be her boyfriend. And I'm not following a ghost in which I am just being leaded by a fake that wont love me back. She loves me, but just isn't with me, moretheless, its her decision.

That's exactly my point. If she really loved you, and it was her decision, why is she with some other guy instead of you?

..And Trust you? its hard to trust living on deceit and betrayal, but I'll stand by, I know what I am doing, much unlike on these forums, so I'll do what I see fit, and what I believe is better, for shes the only who cares for me so why not risk everything Trying to be with her?

Fine, just don't be disappointed when reality comes crashing down.

Archvile46 said:

You think these emotions and feelings are so deep, but they're really not. If you still even know her in 10 years, let alone are in love with her, then I'll admit my wrongness.

Yes indeed we will see, I'm in this for my life, so we'll see...

That's exactly my point. If she really loved you, and it was her decision, why is she with some other guy instead of you?

Have you ever tooken into consideration that I'm perhaps too shy ask? Let alone she was going to ask but we are both taking into thought that, we will wait, I love her immensely but I'm willing to wait, we don't want to rush things and go into a relationship and perhaps risk our close friendship as it is. What we have is to precious, I dont want to ruin it.

Fine, just don't be disappointed when reality comes crashing down.

I'm putting my life in on this, I'm setting my life on being with her, and yes I will risk dying for her, but I trust her that much that I know I can trust her enough with my life, sure, if she drops it I'll go down with it and elapse into a deep dark brooding depression, but, I trust her with it, I trust her with my life.

I've fallen in love thrice times, and this time I just CAN'T stop thinking about her. In fact I keep getting reoccuring dreams about me and her.... Well, I shouldn't tell you, it's too weird to explain... :/

DOOM Anomaly said:

Have you ever tooken into consideration that I'm perhaps too shy ask? Let alone she was going to ask but we are both taking into thought that, we will wait, I love her immensely but I'm willing to wait, we don't want to rush things and go into a relationship and perhaps risk our close friendship as it is. What we have is to precious, I dont want to ruin it.

Hah, the classic paradox. If you two really do share true love, then how could any relationship between you two possibly be ruined?

Look, these emotions you have may feel like love, but there's no way a 14-year-old can experience true love. Unless you're somehow the most mature 14-year-old, ever.

And please, don't take anything I say personally. I'm just trying to help. I've seen many a kid fall into a vast pit of depression because he thought he "loved" someone, but found out in the worst way that they really didn't.

DOOM Anomaly said:

Have you ever tooken into consideration that I'm perhaps too shy ask?

That's my problem too! See, I'd talk to this girl I like, but eh... I'm too shy to do anything. :( I keep stuttering and stuff. How do people overcome thier fears of rejection?

Lizardcommando said:

That's my problem too! See, I'd talk to this girl I like, but eh... I'm too shy to do anything. :( I keep stuttering and stuff. How do people overcome thier fears of rejection?

Hopefully, you'd realize that being rejected is not the end of the world, and anyone who rejects you is obviously not worth the time in the first place.

Actually, my girlfriend just broke up with me on Monday for a reason she doesn't even know (go figure that out). The way I see things, I'll have another girlfriend by the end of December - me needs cuddles all the time ya know... and of course, once I get married, I don't plan on divorcing.

Black Void said:

Actually, my girlfriend just broke up with me on Monday for a reason she doesn't even know (go figure that out). The way I see things, I'll have another girlfriend by the end of December - me needs cuddles all the time ya know... and of course, once I get married, I don't plan on divorcing.

Which is why you don't marry all those high school girlfriends :P

Archvile46 said:

Hah, the classic paradox. If you two really do share true love, then how could any relationship between you two possibly be ruined?

Yes, I am aware that it is a paradox but the point is I dont want anything to be degraded in our friendship, I love her and care for it too much to let Anything slip. And in case you didn't know, She doesnt live by me, she doesnt live in the same country as me, and due to that, a relationship would stain her social life, I dont want to have her feel isolated and not be able to go out and do what she wants. Yea you're probaby thinking 'well if shes so far away, how the hell is it gunna work out?' Well, being 14, I dont have much say in my life, but, I have made plans with her, I already have $800 saved and its going up, and in a bit Im going to get a job, then graduate at 17..work till Im 18 or so then with all of my other stuff, I will have enough to afford to go see her. Sure, it sounds far-fetched, impossible even, but hey, who ever said this'll be easy?

Look, these emotions you have may feel like love, but there's no way a 14-year-old can experience true love. Unless you're somehow the most mature 14-year-old, ever.

Despite how I act here, I am very mature for my age, perhaps not mature to do all of this, but still, I'm 14 and I can expereince True love, Dont go telling us what love is and when Only based on your experiences, please, its not that simple.

And please, don't take anything I say personally. I'm just trying to help. I've seen many a kid fall into a vast pit of depression because he thought he "loved" someone, but found out in the worst way that they really didn't.

Oh don't worry, I seldomly take things that others say personally, it may seem that I'm 'opening up' here, but believe me, Im not. Yes, but I was in a depression before i met her, shes the only one who can keep me outta it, and that will remain fact.

I realize I'm being stubborn with this, but this is how I feel on the subject and my beliefs, sorry if they anger you.

Archvile46 said:

Which is why you don't marry all those high school girlfriends :P

Exactly - because they are all major mood swingers. Example: Its Wednesday night... GF: "I love you!"

Thursday morning in high school... GF: "I just don't feel the same way - let's just be friends."

Archvile46: You do realize that love is different for everyone. Just because you see it one way, doesn't mean that's the only way to see it. Everyone's different, and so is love for them; different. And, yes, I AM sounding intelligent here, but only because I really don't feel like seeing another flamewar. Let's see it this way; you see love your way, DA'll see it his. There, simple enough?

Now, if you don't mind, I'm gonna go spike teh eggnog. >:)

Black Void said:

Exactly - because they are all major mood swingers. Example: Its Wednesday night... GF: "I love you!"

Thursday morning in high school... GF: "I just don't feel the same way - let's just be friends."

Thursday night: "Harder! HARDER!!!!"

My, this community has really gone to pot if that was considered a flamewar.

Doom Anomaly said:

Yes, but I was in a depression before i met her, shes the only one who can keep me outta it, and that will remain fact.

Sounds like your playing with fire here. This girl my well be the "true" love of your life. But even if she is and you guys live together till the day you die, there will come times in your relationship where she will let you down. Probably not intentionally but it will happen, because she is only human. My point is this; If you rely on her to bring you out of your depressions what will you do when you are let down by her, or vice-versa? It will also put considerable stain on her end of the relationship, as she will feel like she has to support you emotionally all the time. Also love is about what you can give someone else. And if you need her to function properly (depression), what can you offer her?
I'm in no way trying to put a damper on your relationship. Just trying to give you something to think about.
I think it's great that you love this girl. Go for it. Explore all your feelings. Your feelings are there to be experienced.

Y2theJ said:

Doom Anomaly said:

Sounds like your playing with fire here. This girl my well be the "true" love of your life. But even if she is and you guys live together till the day you die, there will come times in your relationship where she will let you down. Probably not intentionally but it will happen, because she is only human. My point is this; If you rely on her to bring you out of your depressions what will you do when you are let down by her, or vice-versa? It will also put considerable stain on her end of the relationship, as she will feel like she has to support you emotionally all the time. Also love is about what you can give someone else. And if you need her to function properly (depression), what can you offer her?
I'm in no way trying to put a damper on your relationship. Just trying to give you something to think about.
I think it's great that you love this girl. Go for it. Explore all your feelings. Your feelings are there to be experienced.

Look, I dont rely on her for keeping me outta depression, its just that she means more to me than i can explain, I dont rely on her to keep me outta a dark state of mind, its just that I can't bear to lose her, you don't know how much she means to me, more the less, its hard for me to understand and explain it either. I know there may be a point in time in which one may be let down in some way, but if we both love eachother we will know that it was an accident and that we wouldnt really mean to hurt each other, and if we love each other, we could get over it no matter how big it is. Strain on her end? perhaps, but as what I know, I have had a very big strain on my end due to everything I do and will do, but hey, I'm not complaining, if its for her, I'll do it, without hezitation. What can I offer her? I've already offered and given her so much, and I'm willing to go all the way upto my life for her, and yes, I mean it. Think about? Oh, I think about her 24-7, and there aint a moment when she isnt on my mind, I spend most my day talking to her, or thinking of her and how Im going to do things, heck, I have a 10 minute oral project due on monday, I havent even started it, cause Im too busy thinking of her, if I fail, meh, I know I would have failed for a good reason; thinking of her, and yes, i know how naive that is. Experience feelings...These feelings are beyond what I am expected to maintain as an expereince as a human being. Like I said, I cant "go for it" she lives far away, so, I must wait...But, I'll wait a life time for her.

Insomniac said:

/me dons his stolen welding goggles

NO MORE FLAMEWAR

Sorry if it seems like a flame war, Im just posting my opinion on things that have been said, nothing more, again, sorry if it seems im flaming.

Well, I know as some of us older ones that have been that age before of young teen in love see it as they dont know what love is. Okay here's my thoughts....there are some VERY FEW, at young age, that might understand what love should be than the other young ones. I said FEW...which if you think about it some do. But yet I was the one that when I was 13 thought Iknew it, but later did I find out that the guy that asked me out wasnt going to be my one and only, thanks to advice from my mother. When I left highschool this past year (gradutated that is) I see all these lil bitty 7th graders saying I love you and i'm like hahaha how cute but yeah right they dont know what it is. Everyone says just a fling or crush usually it is but then it might not be.

I still think that there are some that do know what it is and everyone matures differently and at different age. I know several that i'm friends with that matured early at young age. After my "first crush b/f i will say" my mom put a stop to dating for me. I went 4 years without dating. I see my friends get hurt and all b/c they thought they know what love is. I still doubt one of my friends now that she understands it at all.

I will just say what I see love is: Love is when you do know you honestly care for someone and you would go that extra mile, do whatever it is to be with that person meaning your willing, devoted. Even just to give something a try to find out what it is that to me is when you know for sure if you know what love is or not. Another thing...love hurts and I think you know when you really do know when its love b/c you just know by the feeling inside you. Think I explained my thought on this good.

Sorry for it being long, but I'm not some young teen btw. I'm 19. And yes I had a long distance relationship with a guy I met online. We were friends for a month, and then decided to try to get serious. The guy I seen too was 19 as well. Both of have had hard lives full of unexpected surprises. He lived 2 hours away in a differ county. And yes we did love each other. We had plans to try to get together and share a place or move closer to one another so we can see each other more often, that never happened. My relationship with him lasted for 7months and it has been a month since it was over but yet we are really good friends. We even said in the beginning no matter what we would be friends. After couple visits things changed and it was getting harder to see that person. I was willing to do anything to go see him or even just to spend time with him.

He works and I go to college. We have known each other for about 8 or 9months and 7 of that we were together. Not that he didnt love me he did. Life happened and things changed. Realized that maybe we didnt feel the way we did at the beginning, then it ended. He said I deserved better and when I asked why, he said b/c I love without a question without a doubt, i'm willing and caring and I go that extra mile. He told me just that and I do and he does too know what love is and means. We went thru hearing our friends say how wrong we are for each other, parts of my family stayed mad at me, my friends talked bad about him and we heard it half the time that we should give up,its not worth it, your crazy for seeing a guy off the internet.

But I see it as possible for someone young to know love. I dont doubt it b/c i can be true.sorry for this being long, i jsut wanted to post what i felt. I was sharing a thought and something that did happen to me that gave me better thought of love this past year. And after my ex did break with me, he was there to make sure i was alright and that I was okay.

This is going sound wierd coming from me (cuz i am married) but When you are in love with someone...life can be a real bitch....you end up trying to do everything you can to make the other person happy...sometimes to the point where you end up making yourself sad....but when someone else loves you....then it's good...you can't help but feel flattered, even if you don't love them in return....true love on the other hand is great because you only experience true love when you love someone unconditionally and they love you back just as much....when you have experienced that....then you know how good true love really is :P and if it really is true love nothing (apart from death) can keep you apart, you wouldn't break up for anything.