Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomedout

Quake 4 Video

I've got two things to say:
LOL and cool!
But also I only managed to get the first two.
Heh, I wonder if the Strogg are split up into several warring clans or whether it's just for show that they have made those two gladiators with different colours.

Cool sounds btw. I have a feeling that Quake IV is gonna rock in its own way - in a different way than Doom 3 mind you.
Right now I'm pretty happy that Quake IV is in the Strogg universe.

Heh, when I first saw isle's comment, I suspected that the videos were fake and that they were making a big joke out of the upcoming Quake 4 (in a good way).

They're not from Quake 4. They're just movies of the animations made for a player model for Quake 3 based on a creature from Quake 4 that's been shown in concept art. You can download the player model, a massive 70-some-odd megs (just one model!) at Polycount.

Yeah alot of people suspected these were fake, but according to some people, especially if you see the second video, the graphics are reminiscent of what the doom3 engine can unleash though its not the doom3 engine at all. In fact, it's not the Quake 3 engine either...

It's 3D Studio. That's just the q3 model imported into 3dsm and it has nothing to do with the Doom III engine.
this post redundant?

It may be fake, but it's cool to watch anyway.

I like the animations and sounds - if they are from Q4 then I'm well pleased so far.

Of course, I can't judge the game from two fake videos, but I'm still having high hopes for this game...at least until I've seen some of it in action.

Time will tell...

Not too bad. They are kind of cool to watch, even if they aren't really Q4. Kind of makes me want to try making something simular on the Mac Dual Processor G4 w/Lightwave behind me. Eh, probably not. Still avi's for killing time.

Linguica said:

A thirty second death animation? That's so retarded.

I agree. It sounds interesting, but they did a retarded job with it.

Linguica said:

A thirty second death animation? That's so retarded.

hah, no kidding, it was kinda a waste of time that i downloaded it

In a Simpsons episode, Leanord Nimoy said:

The following story is true. And by true, I mean false. They're all lies. But in the end, isn't that the _real_ truth ? The answer... is no.