Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

doomworld stars

Grazza said:

...I am pretty well known in the international chess community...

Heh.

Sephiroth said:

to make this sound creepy i played a few of those eric harris wads before the shootings. infact 3 of them are on a doom disk with 6000 wads

Beware of the evil hidden messages!!
They will turn you into murderers, ALL OF YOU!!

TeamKill said:

Now, who exactly is Dave Mustaine?

Singer/Guitarist for Megadeth, Mrs Spike tells me (Jay's a huge fan) - apparantly he's played in Metallica too.

Yea He was in Metallica back in the day. Then him and James Hetfield came to blows, and Dave went off to start his own thrash band. Bloody good thing he did too, IMO.

AirRaid said:

Yea He was in Metallica back in the day. Then him and James Hetfield came to blows, and Dave went off to start his own thrash band. Bloody good thing he did too, IMO.

They didn't actually come to blows, the whole band thought Dave was an utter prick, so they all decided to kick him out of the band. They did this by waking his ass up and handing him a bus ticket home.

Grazza said:

I am pretty well known in the international chess community.

I heard there was a go enthusiast in here too.

You could start a go vs. chess flamewar.

I know quite a few go players (there is some cross-over of players between the two games), and I think that would be a pretty tough flamewar to stoke; there tends to be a fair degree of mutual respect.

One go player (the British Ladies Champion at the time, IIRC) described go as "a game of peaceful coexistence where you try to coexist slightly better than the opponent". Chess is more about smashing the other guy's brains out, of course.

You mean you never had a chess match where you had to pause play for a few minutes while they cleaned the board of blood?

Are you thinking of this perhaps?

Seriously, there have been instances of kicking under the table in high-level matches (e.g. Petrosian-Korchnoi), which led to a rule for some later matches that there must be a bar under the table to prevent kicking.

Linguica said:

Doomworld was shown on CNN once.

Also, I do know that Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold had visited Functional Entropy (they emailed one of us once), and I assume they had visited Doomworld as well.

Interesting....

Imagine the kinds of Doom Mods they could have made if DDF and Vavoom C was available at the time. Hmm....

/me thinks about the possibilities...

Grazza said:

Seriously, there have been instances of kicking under the table in high-level matches (e.g. Petrosian-Korchnoi), which led to a rule for some later matches that there must be a bar under the table to prevent kicking.

Chess rules =P

m0l0t0v said:

You can find the wads by Eric Harris HERE. Not all of them suck; station and uaclabs are fairly good.

Interesting...!

/me dl Eric HarrisĀ“ wads and expect not going out shooting real people after playing his maps :)

Grazza said:

Wow, who did the kicking? I saw Viktor won a tournament in Curacao recently. It's amazing how well he can still play chess at his age. It's too bad Bobby turned into a complete nut-case, I'd like to have seen what he could have accomplished had he not developed paranoid-schizophrenia. Why is that American chess champions end up being insane?

FirebrandX said:

Wow, who did the kicking?

I believe it was Viktor K. who had the bruises, but the personal hatred between them was probably a joint effort. And yes, Viktor's still quite a competitor. I saw him a couple of months ago at a team event in Greece, and his will to win seemed fully intact.