Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alientank

Asus unveils first P4 3.06 ghz and beyond motherboard

Um, no, I doubt it's the first motherboard for that. If anybody, Intel would have had to have made the first P4 3.06GHz motherboard. You DO realize that Intel makes motherboards?

Bloodshedder said:

Um, no, I doubt it's the first motherboard for that. If anybody, Intel would have had to have made the first P4 3.06GHz motherboard. You DO realize that Intel makes motherboards?

Yes, these guys said they made the first one, not me.

Seeing how it does not have AGP 8x and only DDR333 ram, it is not really a "beyond" motherboard.

aca said:

Seeing how it does not have AGP 8x and only DDR333 ram, it is not really a "beyond" motherboard.

1) AGP 4X is not even close to being fully taken advantage of yet.

2) I believe that since it's DDR333 it equals out to 666mhz fsb.

Alientank said:

1) AGP 4X is not even close to being fully taken advantage of yet.

2) I believe that since it's DDR333 it equals out to 666mhz fsb.

Hmm that is strange since all the new graphics cards (GFFX and Radeon 9700) are on 8x agp.

The primary reason AGP exists is to transfer information quickly. However, accessing things like textures over the bus and into main memory is painfully slow, even if AGP 8X comes into play. Games were designed to have graphics data stored on the card's memory, not swapped to and from main memory. Therefore, ideally, the only benefit to come from AGP 8X would be faster loading times. The situation of swapping data is to be avoided at all costs, and usually is.

I believe DDR400 is not officially supported for the Pentium 4 platform. DDR333 is simply 166MHz memory running double-pumped, which is where the 333 comes from. The memory, then, is running at 333MHz, while the Pentium 4's bus is 133MHz quad-pumped, which equates to 533MHz.