Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

game villians, the ones u love but really hate

I really, really hate the Quake Ogres. The AI is the most retarded thing I have ever seen (SEE PLAYER = FIRE CONTINUOUSLY). Their health is just high enough to be annoying, and they're spammed in nearly every damn level in the game.

Speaking of Quake, those !@#$@!#$@#$!@#$!!!! spawn...blob things have to be the most annoying things in Quake or just about any other game. They always seem to be in dark places. If you kill them, they blow up in your face, often taking you with them. If you don't kill them, they bounce around like a mutant superball on steroids and smack into you until you die. If they get too close, there's almost no way to get any distance to safely kill them, simply because they are so fast and unpredictable.

Spike said:

Darth Vader (Super Baddie Deluxo)

Sephiroth said:

not movie, cartoon/animie or comic based games.

dr. wily in megaman 7 (the bastard just WOULD NOT DIE!!!)
Sigma in Megaman X3 (unless you have the secret gold armor and zero's sabre ;) )
any of the end act bosses of diablo2 (especially duriel)
arch-vile
any enemy in rtcw

I like floating ball shaped objects that shoot things.
cacodemons (I don't need to say where from.)
octobrains from :O duke nukem 3d
parasyches from duke nukem zero:hour

as far as liking, but hating. I can't think of any....
the cars on rush 2 maybe...

TeamKill said:

From Quake, I never liked the Fiend. It really annoyed me with how they jumped at you and kept slashing. Then again, I guess this added a challenge.

The Fiend is Quake's coolest enemy, IMO. At least it kept you on your guard.

The most annoying enemies for me would be the Drones in Duke Nukem 3D and the Flyers in Quake 2. They're both small, airborne, hard to see and a pain in the ass to kill.

Also, the Lizardmen in Duke Nukem 3D always seemed annoying cause they're so damn powerful, their chaingun sound effect makes my ears bleed, and they spit that green shit at you.

Duke Nukem Forever is still going to rock, though.

footman said:

dr. wily in megaman 7 (the bastard just WOULD NOT DIE!!!)
Sigma in Megaman X3 (unless you have the secret gold armor and zero's sabre ;) )
any of the end act bosses of diablo2 (especially duriel)
arch-vile
any enemy in rtcw

I hate Duriel and Diablo with a passion. But you'd think that Hatred and Destruction would've been more powerful than Terror. (D2nerds know what I'm talking about)

Lord FlatHead said:

and they spit that green shit at you.B]

literally.

Id have to go with:
Baron of hell (c'mon they just kickass!)
imps (thought they gave doom a very hellish feel)
demons (hehehe look at the doggy ahh ahhhhh my arm)
Pig cops (They have a sawed off shotgun and body armour what more do you want?)

Without a doubt it's that Crab-like thing thats the end-boss from the first zone of Sonic The Hedgehog 2 on the Game Gear. He simply snapped while Robotnik threw metal balls with random bounce patterns at you which killed you if they hit, and if you jumped or ducked clear they landed on the poor crab! You were on a slope, and if you moved too far back you got snapped by the crab, too far up the hill and Robotnik got you!

Awesome. I don't think any 3d enemy has yet to come close to that 2d goodness.

indeed, 2d games where all about learning the patterns and safe places to stand.

integer from FF6 is a little bit of an annoyence, but cool..

As long as everyone has at least 1000 health, Intangirs are easy. Since they are already invisible, just cast an instant death type spell on him. Presto! 10 Magic Points. The only annoying thing about them is that you don't run into them nearly as frequently as you'd like.

Castlevania SotN has a lot of really weak bosses. The first time I played, I cleaned out most of the Inverted Castle bosses just using the Alucard Shield with the Shield Rod power. Doing 255 damage every frame adds up really quick.

the fiend from quake kicked ass. the blobs needed to go, but i usally managed to kill them before any problems.

SA-X is a real bitch. yet once you notice the pattern it is easy to beat.

One of the Weapons in FF7, I forget their exact names, but the underwater one, he was the hardest thing I've ever beaten in my life, other than my wang.

IMJack said:

Castlevania SotN has a lot of really weak bosses. The first time I played, I cleaned out most of the Inverted Castle bosses just using the Alucard Shield with the Shield Rod power. Doing 255 damage every frame adds up really quick.

SOTN has some of the most badass bosses I've ever seen. I remember the first time I took on Beezlebub, I was like "Holy Hell! A giant rotting corpse!" Of course the Shield Rod and Alucard Shield make it far too easy. Heh, that reminds me, are there are any plans for a sequel to SOTN?

Almost any boss from Contra: Shattered Soldier -- and Mundus from Devil May Cry. When you're ill-equipped (even ony a bit) he can be next to invincible if you're playing on any difficulty other than easy. Still haven't killed that bastard and it's only normal difficulty.

Hmm.

Heinrich in RtCW looks really damn cool, but as a boss he sucks so hard that I really hate him.

-The Carvers and Ratmen from diablo2
-Big mid-bosses in the NES megaman games
-The dragon in Wily's castle in Megaman2 (and the music in that level)
-The Great Mighty Poo in Conker's Bad Fur Day

TheHighestTree said:

-The Carvers and Ratmen from diablo2

All fetishes, fallen-types, and shamans suck. Oh, and the Moon lord types from LOD are evil. (the sucky evil, like love to hate, but can't love)

Sephiroth said:

not movie, cartoon/animie or comic based games.

Damnit. I scan-read far too much.

Ok, the Strogg. Evil-mutant-cyborgorific-bastardized-nasties abungo.

Ok, looking at favorite villains - the ones I like to kill the most because I hate them the most:
Demons.

In my belief, demons are the source of everything evil. The agents of evil. They're spawned of evil, driven by evil and they derive pleasure from doing incredibly evil things so killing them is bound to give me a lot of pleasure (this is also why I get mad if people insinuate that Doom would be better if the demons were space aliens instead).

I guess that really makes them the villains I love to kill above everything else, simply because I hate them so much.

as far as bizarr look at some of the badasses from fakk2. the soul collectors can be a bitch. however the flesh binders can be total assholes at times too.

also the maria/mary boss in silent hill 2 is fairly wild, though easy. Also the door men are kinda cool

the baby things( sucklers ) from parasite eve II are another favorite of mine cause they explode.

Oh, I forgot to mention bosses from the Metal Slug series I hate. Let's see. None of the bosses from the first Metal Slug suck. The Small UFO and the Mother Ship from Metal Slug 2/X is annoying and takes forever to kill. The Floating Alien thingys from Level 2 just plain suck, the Big Robot from Level 3 is also annoying, and the Floating StatueHead in Level 4 is really stupid. All of the bosses except for the giant Airship in Metal Slug 4 are all really lame and uninspiring. The artists and programmers must have gotten lazy or something when making the bosses. They were all pretty damn cheap and the designs for them weren't great.

Monsters I hate:

-Parasite from Quake 2; it was the dog-looking mutant that sucked the life out of you. A bitch to kill, and fucking annoying. AH.
-Supersoldat (not the prototype); his lightning attack is SO annoying and amazingly lame. It must've took me 25356262 tries to kill him the first time.

HateFactor said:

Monsters I hate:

-Supersoldat (not the prototype); his lightning attack is SO annoying and amazingly lame. It must've took me 25356262 tries to kill him the first time.

Hmm? It took me three tries to beat that sucker - use the environment dude. I dunno what's so lame about that lightning attack - it forces you to stay well behind cover and actually makes the Super Soldat a difficult boss (oh wow! A DIFFICULT boss for a change!). I admit though, that the weapon you get from the super soldat is lame, because it doesn't dish out any real damage to your enemies.

The Super Soldat is like the cyberdemon of RtCW and Heinrich is like the Spider Mastermind, except that he's even easier...

How about the Demon children from Silent Hill 1. God those things are creepy, especially that noise they make.
Note: I read somewhere that some european releases removed the demon children from the game due to some shooting incident at a school somewhere (I dont remember which country). They were replaced with these weird teddy bear-like things with claws.

A lot of the enemies in Alice were fucking awsome, it's one of the few games that I really care about even after I stopped playing.