Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Job

Poll about Doomcenter

How do you feel about bigd's and Bloodshedder's cross-over to DW?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about bigd's and Bloodshedder's cross-over to DW?

• Their loss is our gain.
    • I weep for Doomcenter\'s passing...
    • Huh? What\'s going on? In which case...[url]http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12352[/url]

How do you feel about DW's merger of the Doomcenter braintrust?

DooMBoy said:

Heh, it only elevates what is already a great site IMO.

Nah Doomcenter at its peak was much better than Doomworld is today.

Yeah, I liked it a lot back when John Romero himself was Doomcenter's webmaster.

I remember it had a couple of interesting features... oh well, only the e1 week comes to mind, but you know, I guess there was more. As of things hosted on it, in the short span that it hosted anything, I don't remember anything cool... but you know how memory is...

I loved Doomcenter. Where Doomworld had more or less boiled down to news and the cool forums (newstuff did help on this though) Doomcenter provided much more in-depth coverage with interviews and level features. They were as a rule very well written and appropriate. The interviews and articles really helped making the Doom community look more like a scene.

That said I was always a bit irritated on Doomcenter. The pages was so slow loading and I was unable to reach the majority of the hosted site (they all linked back to the main page for me). I never cared much for the visual design either.

Of course the features of Doomcenter might become integrated in Doomworld now, but I guess this would require a major expanding/restructuring as Doomworld has been ongoingly trimmed down and simplified for quite some time.

If I were to start a Doom page I would devote it to features, articles and in-depth stuff. With Doomcenter, Icarus News, and Doomoscope dead this is in very short supply.

Ding Dong! MGON is dead!

I think this says it all. We just threw Bigd and Bloodshedder on a lifeboat before the Titanic sinks. :)

Having one big community over many little ones is probably better imho. Anyway, I'm waiting for UniDoom to really take things over some day =P

ravage said:

I think this says it all. We just threw Bigd and Bloodshedder on a lifeboat before the Titanic sinks. :)

don't be so fucking ignorant, and don't say 'we' when you have had nothing to do with it.

Gah