Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyockell

The T3 movie

Lost Soul said:

I will go see this movie on opening night, simply because I want to. I'm looking forward to seeing how they deal with the obstacle of the story ending in T2. Not so much looking forward, as opposed to interested in seeing how and why. Also. when I visited the T3 website, I looked at some of the pictures. There is one called 'A relic from the past points the way', and it is the same arm from the first Terminator, that we all know they threw into the steel to melt in the end of T2. There is no saving it. I want to know how that one gets explained as well.

I can answer this. Last time I watched T2 (a few months back) I noticed something which I haven't before. In the factory at the end of the movie Arnie gets his arm ripped off by an industrial machine; it is the one part of Arnie's that doesn't get melted. I suppose this was Cameron's back-up of sorts, something that'd be used as an explanation for the Terminator's "comeback" in any more potential sequels. So there.

HateFactor said:

In the factory at the end of the movie Arnie gets his arm ripped off by an industrial machine; it is the one part of Arnie's that doesn't get melted. I suppose this was Cameron's back-up of sorts, something that'd be used as an explanation for the Terminator's "comeback" in any more potential sequels. So there.

Another thing could be when they blow up all the stuff at CyberDyne, they didn't do a good job :P

The trailer confirmed all my fears and expectations about T3, and went beyond most of them. The result is that this film looks indescribably bad with no redeeming qualities.

Going back to martial arts, you guys have to remember that in the UFC, they're not going to kill each other, obviously. And lots of these guys actually have to concentrate in order to avoid killing people.

And that sensei who wouldn't want to take on a pro boxer? He's probably one of those ill-trained position-fillers. A sensei at the dojo some of my friends go to is a seventh degree black belt. One of my friends (who's definately no wuss, and i trust what he says) was ordered to bend the sensei's outstretched index finger by pushing on it as hard as he possibly could: He couldn't bend it applying all the forward strength he had. This guy also sparred with Bruce Lee before (There's a black-and-white photo in the dojo I can take a pic of if you need proof) He lost though, but i mean...this is Bruce Lee.

T3 will suck. entertaining: yes. worthy to be even remembered with the other 2: no.
I thought a cool idea would be to REPLAY T2 -- that is, it is another t i m e-line . Cyberdyne systems sends back a different terminator - this time for John Connor(just like in T2). have the same story as T2, but this time, the machines win.
could be awesome, I think.
the opening action scene could be even a third T2 episode where the humans win... but now... the rise of the machines... this time, They win.
<cue T2 music>

FirebrandX said:

Regarding this "football player" who got whipped by a 160-pound kid: If the "football player" knew anything at all about fighting (and I don't mean black belt stuff), the kid would have ZERO chance. My brother, who is an experienced fighter himself says that he'll pick a well-trained boxer with combined wrestling knowledge over a martial artist any day of the week. I remember having him come to an Aikido class I was taking and had him square off in a boxing mode for the sensei. The sensei admitted that he would not want to take on an experienced boxer unless he absolutely had no choice.

What I'm trying to say is don't fool yourself about the common myths of martial arts. Big guys who know what they are doing will almost never lose to a smaller guy. No ammount of training and meditation will ever overcome this fact of life. It happens in all of nature for that matter.

I'm the 160 pound "kid". Umm, ju jitsu teaches you to use their weight against them. If you come at me with a punch, I'm gonna grab your arm and throw you, or bend your wrist and break it (I have done it before). Size means diddly shit when intimidation doesn't work on you. The whole "ooh your so dead cause I weight 300 pounds" doesn't work on me. Just a bigger target to hit. When your bigger your slower too and less manouverable. All I need to do is take out your legs and your chopped down to nothing. I have fought guys before in highschool who were bigger then me (usually thought I was hitting on their girlfriend) who played football (I play hockey) and had no problems with any of them. A few of them were boxers as well. Sorry but basing your facts on "it's just nature" means nothing at all. Put Bruce Lee up against "some big guy who knows what he's doing" or a sensai who's small against "some big guy who knows what he's doing" and you'll see how quickly your wrong.

When I first saw the trailer, I thought that it was pretty decent until he said "She'll be back."

This will definitely be a cheesefest.

Fuck. I'll just go see the next Matrix(es).