Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Job

Best Chaingun?

Why are some people saying UT, Serious Sam, ect.? Those are not chainguns, they are MINIGUNS. Thank you. Oh and Wolf 3d.

BBG said:

Why are some people saying UT, Serious Sam, ect.? Those are not chainguns, they are MINIGUNS. Thank you.

Who gives a crap.

The minigun from Unreal Tournament... wicked. I especially love the way you can make your opponents twitch around while riddling their already dead bodies with bullets.... DANCE! DANCE! HAHAHAHA! Um.

Heh, oh yeah... the minigun in Worms!

Trap them in a crevice and FRRRAAAP!, does 70 dammage easy. If you can hit them with every bullet you can score 100 and kill with one volly.

That gun is king.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ZarcyB said:
Wolf3d minigun:

beepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbe
epbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeep
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You only had a PC speaker when you were a kid, huh?

Oh no, the PC Speaker sound for the Wolf3d chaingun was more like:
Wrooeeeeeaaaaeeeeeeuuuuuuuuggghhhhhhhhh - didn't sound much like a rattling machinegun, more like one continuous sound instead of many sounds following quickly after one another.

I'd rather say that ZarcyB is delirious or something :-P

Doom 64, or RTCW's Venom Cannon. Them's some good killing. ;)
I found Doom's chaingung to sound too light for the kind of firepower in can dispense, and that's actually one reason I hardly use it. I want to feel like I'm useing a heavy weapon, not a cap gun ;)

I don't know if it counts, but the firestorm cannon in turok 2 is fun, plus it has the capability of blowing away limbs, heads, etc.

Heh, of course the one I made, in guns pc. It has the sound I like, and the fire rate I like, and the damage I like.

But other than that, the chainguns in fallout 2, especially the targets dying animations.

pritch said:

Call me odd (don't), but I enjoyed the MP40 from ROTT.

Yes, that was always fun mixed with drunk missiles. :)

And that was just a plain machine gun.

Imagine ROTT having a bigass chaingun that could cut through enemies, send them back flying and kill Triad Enforcers with 10 shots. That would rule. Hey, the source code for it has been released.

spank said:

And that was just a plain machine gun.

Imagine ROTT having a bigass chaingun that could cut through enemies, send them back flying and kill Triad Enforcers with 10 shots. That would rule. Hey, the source code for it has been released.

Very True.

Serious Sam's Minigun is the most supreme rapid fire weapon ever, followed by DOOM 64's chaingun.

Actualy, now that I think about it...the miniguns from Fallout 2 are the best. Nothing else will shred though the opposition faster. >:D

CacodemonLeader said:

Serious Sam's Minigun is the most supreme rapid fire weapon ever, followed by DOOM 64's chaingun.

The only problem I have with SS's minigun, is that it fires at a rather low rate of fire, compared to my two favorite chainguns (Q2 chainy and RtCW Venom) - 1200 rpm is fast, but not fast enough for a minigun. The second problem is that it does not really sound all that powerful - granted, the spinning sound is great and the actual firing sound is nice, but I prefer it to sound a little more mean.

The minigun in Aliens Versus Predator was definetely the best. It sounded evil and your aim would go out of control if you tried to run while firing. God bless subwoofers.
I was actually pretty disapointed with the one from Serious Sam. It felt weak to me.
AVP also had the best grenade sound (the ones fired from the pulse rifle, not the grenade gun). The rocket launcher from that game sucked though.

Assmaster said:

The minigun in Aliens Versus Predator was definetely the best. It sounded evil and your aim would go out of control if you tried to run while firing. God bless subwoofers.

I found the AvP minigun annoying, because it is too limiting. One thing is a weapon that forces you to stay in one place while you shoot (HL's rocket launcher), another is a weapon which is most efficient when you keep firing, but which also limits you to stand still while firing.

I generally hate FPSs with weapons that you can't run and shoot with.

dsm said:

The second problem is that it does not really sound all that powerful - granted, the spinning sound is great and the actual firing sound is nice, but I prefer it to sound a little more mean.

How a real minigun sounds

dsm said:

I generally hate FPSs with weapons that you can't run and shoot with.

I thought it was appropriate for AVP since you spend the entire game running scared. You get this awesome weapon, but you dont know if you want to use it. Meh, I guess it's just my preference.

pritch said:

Call me odd (don't), but I enjoyed the MP40 from ROTT.

Funny that you mention ROTT... as I was reading this thread I was beginning to wonder if anyone would mention that game. I always liked how you could shoot the food with the rocket launcher to make it hot for slightly more health value. That game had some cool stuff for its time. Did you ever play it on Christmas Eve? One or all of the characters on the load screen has a Santa hat on. Man... that takes me back to junior high, what a life I had back then!

Vominus said:

Funny that you mention ROTT... as I was reading this thread I was beginning to wonder if anyone would mention that game. I always liked how you could shoot the food with the rocket launcher to make it hot for slightly more health value. That game had some cool stuff for its time. Did you ever play it on Christmas Eve? One or all of the characters on the load screen has a Santa hat on. Man... that takes me back to junior high, what a life I had back then!

Yes, ROTT was alway one of those underrated games IMO. Although not quite as good as Doom, it was good as itself. :)