Doom monster
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Stupid Doom Poll, Episode 134582459B
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:01. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Lüt
Administrator

If you could have any Doom map built into a house/mansion for you to live in, which would it be and why?

I designed a 3D model and blueprint in an architecture class for a house based on Tricks'N'Traps, so I guess that's my pick.

Old Post 06-14-01 05:34 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
maga
look deep into my eye

I wouldn't live in a Doom level....but I WOULD DEFINITELY GET a wooder door with rusted metal corners and blood spilled on it....let's see if anyone dares to ring the bell...

Old Post 06-14-01 05:41 #
maga is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
maga
look deep into my eye

get rid of that freakin' Swastika in E1M4.

what ? leave the Swastika....it's kinda kool...it impresses your friends...

Old Post 06-14-01 05:48 #
maga is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
maga
look deep into my eye

hehe not that kind you think...anyway...I have a URSS flag in my room...it's kinda cool....

Old Post 06-14-01 05:51 #
maga
look deep into my eye

yaeh, I mean USSR....my room is green...kinda green slime...
and I have a Black-light neon and a red neon...you figure it out....

Old Post 06-14-01 05:55 #
pellevin
Mini-Member

how about a poll to decide on the dumbest poll? this one gets my vote. altho that Angelina Jolie bit sounded all oki.

Old Post 06-14-01 07:07 #
pellevin is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Espi
Möh.

I'd also get rid of that freakin' Swastika in E1M4.

id has already done that, they've reshaped that room.

Old Post 06-14-01 08:55 #
Espi is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Davidoom

I wouldn't mind living on Mount Pain....it's so big and kewl.

Old Post 06-14-01 11:46 #
Davidoom is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

I'd completely re-model the entire Phobos Base(without all the monsters, weapons, ammo, acid, and toxic waste barrels lying about, of course) and decide to live there for a while.

Old Post 06-14-01 13:03 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

I like E1M8. It has a basement, 2 big rooms, a giantic livingroom with windows to your big garden. I'd remove the 2 toilets in the center, tough... :)

Old Post 06-14-01 13:13 #
Zaldron is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Disorder
Boards of Canada

I'd like to live in 'Icon Of Sin'.
Just look at the amount of space you've got.
It would make an excellent place for parties... I would get rid of the Icon of Sin though, and replace it with Flower-wallpaper or something.

Old Post 06-14-01 17:18 #
Disorder is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

...and an internal waterfall, that's fancy. Altough I would close the "slime" valve and open the one with regular water.

Old Post 06-14-01 17:36 #
Zaldron is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sirgalahadwizar
Mini-Member

E1m7 or e1m6.

I'd be a pain in the ass to re-fit and re-design most of the episode 3 levels to be livable, e3m3 would be the only candidate.

First off, all pools of toxic sludge would be drained, extensivly cleaned, and replaced with water (ie, for swimming).

Map13 or map14 might do as well.

Old Post 06-14-01 17:44 #
sirgalahadwizar is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

Too bad those water "pools" only cover your ankles...

Old Post 06-14-01 17:47 #
Lüt
Administrator

No they don't, silly, that's in Heretic. Doom's don't have any depth at all.

Old Post 06-14-01 17:54 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Liam
the Bard formerly known as the Bard

MT. EREBUS!!!!

replace the toxic hellslime with ordinary water, tho.

Old Post 06-14-01 17:59 #
Liam is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

Mt. Erebus would make a better theme park than a house. Although it would be cool to have it as a back yard.

Old Post 06-14-01 18:08 #
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

And a little paint job would be welcome too. All that blue and red gives me epilepsy.

Old Post 06-14-01 18:10 #
Lost Soul
I appear at random

I'd definitely live in e3m2. but.. my downtown area is already shaped a like map 15.. I guess I already live in a doom level so there!

Old Post 06-14-01 19:27 #
Lost Soul is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
CacodemonLeader
Powerslave Fanatic

I'd choose to live in a house that is a replica of the Nuclear Plant, except for the toxic slime and the exit.

Old Post 06-14-01 20:27 #
CacodemonLeader is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

The exit to Nuclear Plant would make a cool back porch.

Old Post 06-14-01 22:21 #
NiGHTMARE
Forum Legend

Hmm, you didn't specify that it had to come from one of the games, so I'd design my own. A mansion with state of the art entertainment systems (music/computer/TV) in every room, a huge swimming pool, personal gym, and an army of half naked, willing female servants to do everything for me :)

Old Post 06-14-01 22:23 #
NiGHTMARE is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ShadyXMR
I'm a Slave 4 U

Map 26 The Abandoned Mines would do for me since it sort of has a pretty cool secret hide out area if you get trapped in your own home.

Old Post 06-14-01 22:39 #
ShadyXMR is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shaviro
Team Future Chief

^^^

Old Post 06-14-01 22:41 #
Shaviro is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

Bah. Don't put messages in the message title, nobody sees those.

Old Post 06-14-01 23:13 #
Shaviro
Team Future Chief

that was the plan, dummy.

Old Post 06-14-01 23:15 #
Shaviro is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

There's only one thing important, and that is "Last reply by :".

Old Post 06-15-01 00:45 #
maga
look deep into my eye

There's only one thing important, and that is "Last reply by :".

there is one thing more important...the title "moderator"
heh

Old Post 06-15-01 08:05 #
Lüt
Administrator

Hm, maybe that's what comes with 3000. ;)

Old Post 06-15-01 13:34 #
LorD BaZTArD
My SHiFt KEy iS bROKeN

Lut? We hope not. for the sake of everyones sanity we hope not.

All the Posts that make sense would get deleted.....

Hang on....... That would make no difference whatsoever!

Heh

Old Post 06-15-01 14:46 #
LorD BaZTArD is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote