Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Asephilocity

Another poll

What type of music do you like best?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What type of music do you like best?

• Punk
    • Metal
    • Country
    • Classical
    • Rap
    • Blues Or Jazz
    • WOW, THIS POLL SUCKS!

Vulg@r said:

I must be the only one here who likes Classical. : /

I like some classical, but a lot of the newer stuff it's bred has pushed what was once spectacular far back into the mediocre range.

Lüt said:

I like some classical, but a lot of the newer stuff it's bred has pushed what was once spectacular far back into the mediocre range.

What about Bond? Sortof sounds like that.

WT_, there is no "new" classical music. The latest real era of classical was early 19th century, the Chopin age. I don't think recording styles for classical have changed at all in 20 years.

Listen to Bond. Then tell me if it's not new classical. Or at least, something different. Modern pop + classical. Mix well and serve.

AndrewB said:

WT_, there is no "new" classical music. The latest real era of classical was early 19th century, the Chopin age. I don't think recording styles for classical have changed at all in 20 years.

There's well-known 20th century orchestral music (I mean, aside from film soundtrack composers and such) that's in the same vein as, or that you could consider, "classical music." Take composers like Orff, Holst, and Revueltas.

The closest thing to new Classical is stuff like the Trans-Siberian Orchestra or Savatage. Though Savatage is more like orchestral rock.

Oh BTW, if you want some good modern classical music but still love the original style, go with some of Billy Joel's works. Some of them are masterpiceses. :)

WTF, "Blues or Jazz", that's like "Metal Or Techno"

AndrewB said:

Your definition of "classical" is different from 99.9999% of the population's definition.

No I agree with AndrewB... There is no new classical. Aside from a few things, like I might consider John Williams classical, and Like ravage said I believe Billy Joel, here in his later life, is trying to compose some very classical style music. well... I suppose I could go with Yani and lest we forget Tchaikovsky... yet that's going back to the 19th century.

THE NEW DEVIN TOWNSEND SONGS!

Actually I haven't heard them yet, but I bet they're awesome.

Rock, mostly. Led Zeppelin rules them all. Dave Matthews is good stuff, too, along with Weezer and The Eagles. Occasionally, I'm into the quasi-techno stuff, although I haven't heard a ton of it. Evanescence is quickly emerging as one of my new enjoyments.

Actually, that's a question I'd like answered: anyone got any good suggestions on techno for me try out?

DC

Doom-Child said:

Actually, that's a question I'd like answered: anyone got any good suggestions on techno for me try out?

Lords of Acid?

Doom-Child said:

George Acosta, Daft Punk, Kraftwerk (for oldschool techno), Kim Sozzy, U96 (Das Boot techno remix!), DJ Frankie Knuckles, DJ Micro, Bad Boy Bill, DJ Irene, Sasha and Digweed, Goldie, Chemical Brothers, Paul Oakenfold (Specifically his cd "Tranceport"), German Trance Alliance, Moby, Asu, Minister, Acid Trax (aka Mellow Trax), Ministry, Orbital, Depeche Mode, Tangerine Dream (also good oldschool), Trance[]Control (awesome!), Diesel Boy, Keoki, Juan Atkins (aka Cybotron), Model 500, Simex, Brillman, Kevin Saundersan, Derrick May, and a bunch of others that I can't remember off hand.

Also, if you look for Mellow Trax, go for the song "Phuture Vibes". And if you go for Moby, be sure to check out "Thousand". A song going at 1000bpm is some pretty interesting gabberhouse...

There are so many styles of music missing from this poll. I personally prefer the dance/trance/hardhouse category.
If I had to pick from the music styles listed, rap would be my favorite. Surprisingly, I'm also the only one so far that actually voted for rap.

OK you picky whiners, I added an option for you :P

(And a rough guess of how many people would have voted for it if they had the option from the beginning.)

TeamKill said:

Strange, the new option doesn't have as many votes as I thought it would.

After all, that's only a third of the world population.

Wow...that's a lot of crap...

What genre would "Clubbed to Death" wind up in? I classify that as some kind of techno, but I have been wrong before.

Also, whichever Moby song is on the Bourne Identity DVD is pretty freakin' cool. Even though that Moby guy looks pretty freaky.

DC

Heh. The percentages of the normal options are drowned out to the point where they don't even round up to .01%. Sorry to state the obvious, but that's hilarious.

BBW said:

German industrial (Rammstein) / German uh...Death whatever (Das Ich)

Rammstein qualifies as industrial about as much as you quoting thm qualifies you as a fluent German speaker. Das Ich IS however pretty much Industrial as opposed to Death Whatever. You fail it X2. :P

Black Void said:

Skinny Puppy and Ohgr - more leaning towards industrial.

Unf...ohGr! If their next album is at least 70% as good as their last, they are so replacing Tool as my Favorite 'Band' Ever.