Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rotting Corpse

your fave anime

I wonder how many people could mean Vampire Hunger D:Bloodlust, who say Vampire Hunter D. Because there is two out there. The original one back in the 1980's, and the newer one. I love the newer one. I love that hand of D's too. Haha, it's funny, yet cool at the same time. My favorite part though is when D enters the mountains of the Barberoi, and that lil old man on his unicycle is rolling around. Grove was awesome too, when he turned into that spirit or whatever. The music I loved. I downloaded it from KaZaA, I'm using the song called "Grove" in Level 13: Pernicious Hollow, in Dark Nexus I loved it so much.

/me goes to find more Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust music.

TeamKill said:

I hate the newer Vampire Hunter D. It didn't feel like anime anymore. The original kicked ass, imo.

Why??? I only thing i disslike about it is that D lookes like a girl.

I feel i have a good enough excuse to resurect an old thread.

When going through the anime dvd section i discovered that made me take a sharp intake of breath. An anime of Sin! As in the FPS video game for the PC. It definately was the sin that i was thinking of because it had John blade and Elixus Sinclair in it.

Anyone else discovered this?

BlueSonnet said:

I feel i have a good enough excuse to resurect an old thread.

When going through the anime dvd section i discovered that made me take a sharp intake of breath. An anime of Sin! As in the FPS video game for the PC. It definately was the sin that i was thinking of because it had John blade and Elixus Sinclair in it.

Anyone else discovered this?

I saw Sin last year on the shelves. Never did see it, though, nor have I ever played the game. As of late, I'm addicted to the total insanity of Excel Saga.

The back of the box said something about this title making more of a mark on action games.

Heh. As much as i like anime i don't want an anime of doom (get Todd Mcfarlane to do the cartoon of Doom!)

-Rurouni Kenshin
-Evangelion
-Serial Experiments Lain
-Excel Saga/Puni Puni Poemi
-Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu
-Cowboy Bebop
-Revolutionary Girl Utena/Adolesence of Utena (yes, I like both the series and the movie despite their vast differences)
-Grave of the Fireflies
-Spirited Away, Mononoke Hime, Nausicaa, My Neighbor Totoro, and pretty much anything else done by Miyazaki
-Infinite Ryvius
-Jin-Roh
-Dragon-Half
-Spriggan
-Read or Die
-EBICHU!
-3x3 Eyes (mostly because I really like the original manga)
-Slayers
-Hameln the Violinist (ONLY because it has some of the best fucking villains in all anime)

And although I fully realize it's not techincally anime, I absolutely have to list Aeon Flux. Most people just don't see the true depth and innovation of the series and classify it as just some bitch in leather running around in a sci-fi setting, while there's a great deal of thought and originality in the series.

Also, I don't like DBZ unless it's just to brainlessly watch one of the actual fight sequences. I can do without the 232984709 hours of glowing and grunting and screaming that precede those episodes.

And really, these days I'm getting bored of anime unless it's something really interesting and original. There's so much that's just a glitzed-up rehash of generic templates (Full Metal Panic and Fruits Basket, I'm looking right fucking at you) that it gets irritating when you recognize exactly what the series is going to be and how it's going to be done (which usually happens within the first episode or two).

The Sin anime sucked.

There are no words to describe the sheer enormity of Sin's suckiness.

The general attitude towards the Sin anime is not unlike ours toward the Doom novels. People who have seen it want to pretend it doesn't exist.

'Course, if you really want to hurt your head, I can let this VHS tape go cheap. You'll have to wait 'til I'm back home where the tape is, but...

Anyway, I've been watching Noir lately.

Thanks for warning me in advance (i mean it)

As me i've recently been collecting things by Go Nagai (the Cutey Honey Flash graphic novels in chinese language) and today i played Fighting mania again (and managed to beat it on easy :D)

Inu Yasha! Just got the game too. :)

I love almost all anime. Maybe I'll watch a series tonite. :P

Neon Genesis Evanegelion
Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo: 2040

I used to watch DBZ, Gundam series, and Cowboy Bebop, but the U.S. always ruins it with their dubbing and editing >:(

SlowMotionHobo said:

I used to watch DBZ, Gundam series, and Cowboy Bebop, but the U.S. always ruins it with their dubbing and editing >:(

Oh come on. DBZ wasn't exactly art before the US dubbing, and Cowboy Bebop actually had rather good dubbing. You shouldn't let something as frivolous as that totally ruin the things you DO like about them.

BlueSonnet said:

If that movie didn't have demon rape in it i'd absolutely love that movie! :)

Dude, that's the best part!

Actually I'm j/k, I've never even seen Urotsukidoji. I just heard that it was pretty bad, with demon schoolgirl rape and so forth.

Let's see...i only ever saw the first half an hour of the 4th one. I recall the USA president's wife being tentacle raped by a one eyed makai in a spaceship as well as an invasion scene where a buncha goat legged freaks raided a house, killed the parents and raped their daughter (or began to). It was too much for me at the time (i was 15) so i didn't watch the rest. I could watch now i suppose (nothing scares me these days).

Some say (in relation to the first one) that if you can get past all that you have a great movie (i admire the plot).

This is on page three so the odds of anyone seeing my post are slim, but I'm bored so:

1) DBZ. The Buu saga is most especially good, and some of the best fights are actually in the Saiyan saga. DBGT so far is disappointing.
2) Love Hina. Funny funny stuff.
3) Battle Athletes. Although Battle Athletes Victory, the second set, COMPLETELY SUCKS and makes me want to cry. I hate the people that messed up this awesome series. They deserve to die, especially for what they did to Tanya.

I don't watch much anime though, to be honest.

You probably scared away half the forum users with that picture.

That reminds me, I have 1000+ Pokemon cards for sale if anyone wants to buy them.

BlueSonnet said:

Some say (in relation to the first one) that if you can get past all that you have a great movie (i admire the plot).

You know, I feel the same way. Beneath all the demon tentacle rape, there's a pretty interesting theme on the cycle of life, death and rebirth, and the necessary destruction of the old in order to usher in the new.

BlueSonnet said:

If that movie didn't have demon rape in it i'd absolutely love that movie! :)

That's like saying DOOM would be great if it didn't have demons in it, or saying sushi would be great without fish or rice. ;)

Rotting Corpse said:

Any one above 12 that likes pokemons sould be shot,stabed and hit by a car.

Correction: anyone over the age of 12 who likes Pokemon for anything other than the Game Boy Games should be...whatever.

Anyway, for me I really don't like anime. For years I didn't see a single one I liked. But a couple months ago my friend showed me this one series called Helsing. As the name implies, its a vampire sereis, set in England too. In fact, it's about an organization that hunts evil vampires. One of the reasons why I like it so much is because the main characters are particularly memorable. First off is this guy Arucard who is a vampire, but he works for the Helsing organization as an assassin...an expert at killing vampires. Everything about his is fucking cool too, especialy his gun. Then there is this cute chick who used to be a cop until Arucard killed her and turned her into a vampire in the first episode. She kicks ass and gets a really cool gun later on. Then there is the woman who runs the Helsing organization, who is like the great-great grandaughter of the original Professor Helsing or something. She doesn't like Arucard much, prefering to use the human Helsing soldiers to get the job done. Then theres this guy that gets sent from the Vatican who wants all vampires to die...you'll have to watch the show for yourself before I tell any more.

Another really cool thing about the show is that they reveal stuff slowly over the course of all the episodes. You start out going 'Who the Hell is this guy in red? Is he a bad guy? Good guy? What?' then later you're wondering stuff like 'Who is behind all these ghouls? Is it this guy? How come he died so quickly then?'. I only got to see the first eight or ten episodes though because those were the only high-quality ones he had. Maybe some other time I'll get him to show me the rest. ;D