Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rotting Corpse

The worst character design's

Demons Hand said:

Its funny how alot of main characters in Manga look American.

It's satire.

IMJack said:

We already did a thread on anime explaining a lot of this crap. Look it up.

Don't worry. I was just coming and going with that post. I had no intention of changing the direction of this thread. I'm sure it has been discussed an umpteen amount of times.

Just thought i'd get that off my chest. :)

Melfice Darkmage said:

Melfice Darkmage said:
I once heard though that the reason for the big eyes is because that's the way they view americans. ... The hair I can't explain

No, excuse me but the influence of big eyes on anime and manga is because they took(specially speaking of Osamu Tezuka, considered the God of Manga) the basis on Max Fleishcher's animations, and he is was an american cartoonist.

And as for designs, mmmmmhh, I can't stand at some superheros in tighties o_O;;;

BlueSonnet said:

Don't worry. I was just coming and going with that post. I had no intention of changing the direction of this thread. I'm sure it has been discussed an umpteen amount of times.

Just thought i'd get that off my chest. :)

Heh, I wasn't directing that post at you specifically, just at the general tone of "what the hell is up with anime?". Sorry if it came across wrong. :)

That's Ok. :)

Back on topic, i'm not too sure if Ninja Gaiden had good character design. Since it's been so long i may have to look it up.

Robocop is cool looking compared to that spiky haired faggot Cloud Strife.

DooMBoy said:

Robocop is cool looking compared to that spiky haired faggot Cloud Strife.

No self-respecting gay man would ever make themselves look like that. Well, unless they're from San Fransisco, but San Fransisco is the armpit of America anyway.

Actually, now that I think of it, most Squaresoft games have shitty character design, especially the recent ones. Chrono Cross was embarassing at times, mainly because of the terrible character design (and the horrible story and overly convoluted battle system).