Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EllipsusD

Land of the free?

Empyre said:
The man was arrested for trespassing, not for the t-shirt. This whole thing is going to be a big PR nightmare for that mall.

That's true, but the question is, why would he have been asked to leave in the first place? It almost undoubtably had something to do with the shirt he was wearing. I dunno... if you ask, the whole situation could have been handled a lot better than it was.

I agree that the situation could have been handled better, but that does not mean that America is bad. The same thing, or worse, could have happened anywhere in the world.

The man with the t-shirt must have thought that the guard was being unreasonable by telling him to remove the t-shirt. The guard must have thought the man with the t-shirt was being unreasonable by refusing such a simple request. Tempers flared and the situation escalated. In most of the rest of the world, the man could have gotten in much more trouble.

Differences of opinion, especially about politics, occur worldwide, and the disagremments are not always settled peacefully.

Empyre said:

I agree that the situation could have been handled better, but that does not mean that America is bad. The same thing, or worse, could have happened anywhere in the world.

but it didn't, no?

The man with the t-shirt must have thought that the guard was being unreasonable by telling him to remove the t-shirt. The guard must have thought the man with the t-shirt was being unreasonable by refusing such a simple request. Tempers flared and the situation escalated. In most of the rest of the world, the man could have gotten in much more trouble.

more trouble than being (potentially right now) being put in jail for a year? Which countries, Iran?

/troll

lament said:

Every day i feel happier about not living in the USA

I'm glad you don't live in the USA either. Canada is all too close already, and we don't need any more idiots in here.

Arioch said:

I'm glad you don't live in the USA either. Canada is all too close already, and we don't need any more idiots in here.

heh, it's arioch

Wo ke yi chi bo li, wo bu huei sho shang

lament said:

heh, it's arioch

Wo ke yi chi bo li, wo bu huei sho shang

I can something, I will not something

erm, hard to do this without the accent marks

Ugh, pointless project.

Anyway, verbatim translation: I can eat glass, I will not be wounded.

With tones: wo3 ke3 yi3 chi1 bo1 li2, wo3 bu2 huei4 sho4 shang1

More accurately: bu2 huei4 hai4 wo3 de1

Stupid fuckin mall security there all assholes they never leave me and my budies alone.

Heh...one time I was walking with some friends through the mall and up ahead we see this other guy we were gonna meet to play Counterstrike. So my friend Erik takes off toward him yelling "CHRISTIAN!" (thats his name, not his religous affiliation) and on the way there he's going at top speed jumping over a small flight of steps on the way and when he gets to Christian he embraces him in this huge hug. Then this security guard comes over. Does he chide him for yelling? or running? or jumpind down the stairs? Nope. This is what he said: "hey, none of that humpy-feely stuff now".

It was hilarious.

He's not going away to prison. No Judge, crooked or not, would sentence a man to 1 year in jail for this, that's just the maximum penalty.

Well... Maybe in Texas.

Arioch said:

Shouldn't "Canada" be "Our government"?

Shaviro said:

No! Come to Denmark.

Hell no, I don't want these crazy fuckers to flood my country :-P

dsm said:

Hell no, I don't want these crazy fuckers to flood my country :-P

Aw come on dsm, we can bring plentiful impsex.

Scuba Steve said:

Would you rather have the French?

What's wrong with French people? I see it everywhere I go. They make good wine and tasty bread, so what's the deal?

Disorder said:

What's wrong with French people? I see it everywhere I go. They make good wine and tasty bread, so what's the deal?

Good bread and wine can be made from French people?