Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Submerge

Heh. cooking. Heh.

What is your worst culinary disaster you can ever remember? Even if it's something like forgetting to open the cup of noodles before pouring the boiling water in.

Mine was when I was making some cornbread. I fucked up and added baking soda instead of baking powder. You can guess what happened next. Looked great, smelled great, tasted like poo.

Heh. I've gotten better tho, really.

I tried to combine roasted bread with some kind of banana recipe once. The smell was so horrible, I decided not to eat it. Other than that I don't really cook that much, so I haven't turned many recipes into deadly toxic food yet.

Don't ever boil Kool-Aid down to its dissolved particles.

Ichor said:

Don't ever boil Kool-Aid down to its dissolved particles.

Hot kool-aid is realy good for steped thorat so it boiling jello.

Boiling Kool-Aid is fine, but make sure there's at least some water left to boil or you will have a catastrophe on your hands. I tried doing that once, mainly because I was bored, and the result was not at all pleasant.

Dont ever leave the kitchen when your cooking!That is just asking for some thing bad to happen.Dont cook boiled eggs in the microwave.They do blow up. And they spark too.

I don't cook hardly at all, so to date I've not had any culinary disasters.
/me thumps Submerge over the head with a frying pan

Hmm no disasters. Deliberate things though, I once mixed soured milk, blueberry jam, mayonnaise, mustard, cocoa powder, caviar and some of the fluid out of a tin of pickled herring. It was moderately awful, one spoon of it nearly made me throw up. My brother didn't like it either, although I forced him to eat some of it, mwahahaha :P

Beef-flavored ramen with some added chopped carrots and a pinch of added parsley (or was it basil) tastes like pond water.

And bread with butter, cinnimon, sugar, and applesauce seems to be a good laxitive.

And make sure there isn't any plastic containers in the oven when preheating...god, that was a mess.

Pressure cookers, when left unattended, have a tendancy to explode.

TeamKill said:

Beef-flavored ramen with some added chopped carrots and a pinch of added parsley (or was it basil) tastes like pond water.

Dude next time put just enuf water in the noddles so that they are soft.Drain any left over water.The put the sesoning packet in.Then ya can add what ever you want. Adding too much water is a common mastake.

When I was younger, way younger, I drank a concoction of milk, peanutbutter and carrot slices. Then I vomited.

I was melting butter in the microwave for popcorn :) The butter doesn't like it when you put it in for 10 seconds, then take it out, then put it back in, then take it out :)

I'm still not sure what happened but the stupid butter exploded.

Mantafin said:

I was melting butter in the microwave for popcorn :) The butter doesn't like it when you put it in for 10 seconds, then take it out, then put it back in, then take it out :)

I'm still not sure what happened but the stupid butter exploded.

Did ya stur the butter with an thing befor ya put it in the next time.Ya could have left the butter knife in the butter. Dont worry Iv done it to.

Is your avatar the canyon in half-life? Cuz that is what it look's like.

Demons Hand said:

Did ya stur the butter with an thing befor ya put it in the next time.Ya could have left the butter knife in the butter. Dont worry Iv done it to.

Is your avatar the canyon in half-life? Cuz that is what it look's like.

I'm not sure.. it's named Duker900 (?!?)

Mantafin said:

I'm not sure.. it's named Duker900 (?!?)

The one originally using this avatar had the nick Duker900.

He is not that sorely missed.

Oh wait. I did leave pop tarts in the toaster until they started it on fire. So I had to open up the patio door and throw the toaster out, by the cord, into a snow bank. That was even worse than the time I burned the sock in the microwave.

I once put an egg in the microwave on high for 6 mins to see what would happen, it exploded blowing out the plastic on the door. Another time I was making toast and butterd it and put it bak in the toaster because it wasent warm enough, It caught on fire and ended up shorting out the house. Another time i stuck a fork in the toaster this was for money though, shawn gave me 5 bucks.
One time when we were all drunk here from what i heard I made some sort of tv dinner thing in a bag in the frying pan.......I forgot to take it out of the plastic and it caught on fire the funny thing is me and one of my friends still ate it.

I once was making mac & cheese and accidently put Italian breadcrumbs instead of normal ones in, plus my dad said I should put in an extra amount of tobasco sauce in there. That was the spiciest mac & cheese ever.

Actually, heh, no disasters, but once, my brother, me and our friend Steve made potato slices with all sorts of odd seasonings and it tasted pretty damn good.

Picante beef flavor Ramon Noodles with pieces of actual dried, roast, or corn beef lunchmeat thrown in kicks ass.

I once tried to toast some bread in a microwave. Well, actually it was more of an experiment - I had a feeling something odd would happen. Still, I was a bit surprised when yellow vapour started coming off it - presumably sulphur from the flour-improvers.

When I was younger , I wanted to create the ultimate shake, and I liquified some milk, bananas and orange juice, It tasted so great, that I wanted my little brother to taste it, he said it tasted like hell. Since it was kinda late at night, we went to sleep after that event.The next day at morning, he didn't go to school due to a stomachache :S

For that I'm known for cooking "poison" X(

And once I forgot to take out the fork from my dish in the microwave, then it started to make small rays around the fork and I said: " Cool!! It looks like that Terminator movie!!" and then the microwave started making some PRRRTRTRTRTRTR and BZZZZZ noises and the thing now wasn't as funny as I thought, I disconnected the microwave and then took out the fork and the dish, and then connected the microwave again, pretending nothing happened, but oh!! surprise!! The micro didn't want to show the usual clock numbers, instead, it displayed some odd symbols, and I said: "Cool!! like that Predator movie!!".
Mom wasn't that amazed when she saw it. We had to thrash the stupid thing. And I was grounded for some weeks -_-

Fredrik said:

Hmm no disasters. Deliberate things though, I once mixed soured milk, blueberry jam, mayonnaise, mustard, cocoa powder, caviar and some of the fluid out of a tin of pickled herring. It was moderately awful, one spoon of it nearly made me throw up. My brother didn't like it either, although I forced him to eat some of it, mwahahaha :P

The Frad design of Food? :P

I never had any real disasters, though I once made a blackcurrant crumble, I spent HOURS picking the blackcurrants and went and fucking burnt it. Still, my dad ate it, he'll eat almost anything.

Oh, and last night the oven died in a heap of black smoke but that's more of a technical issue heh.

I was once making stuffed potato balls (they're fried, I dont know what they're caled in English), and I forgot to dip them in egg before frying. It was a little messy. And I occasionally make my steak a little too tough.

Yeah I know they're not the greatest stories. What can I say, Im an awesome cook :D