Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AndrewB

My first concert, ever.

lament said:

I've been to many classical concerts; no rock stuff.

heh, good point, what am i thinking ;) i've been to a few high school band concerts because my good friend dixie happened to play the clarinet :)

Heh, I played at every school concert for three years

And like in city hall and stuff

But i haven't seen any tattoed boobs...

I have never understood the appeal of live consorts, and I'd doubt I'd ever attend one of my on accord (unless a girl friend dragged me to one or something).

Best shows I've seen:

-OhGr
-Juno Reactor/Medicine Drum/Spearhead (mostly because the stage acts were fucking batshit crazy)
-Anal Cunt (I've told the story of that one already :D )
-Wesley Willis (WOOOOO!)
-Star Patrol (they're a little local group who do dance music with analog synths and have a gimmick of being characters from a video game. They put on a great show :)
-Fila Brazillia (BEST CONCERT EVER. I saw them on their very first U.S. tour at the Empty Bottle in Chicago, and they put on a magnificent show. They even brought up an MC halfway through the set and he REALLY enhanced it.)

Ct_red_pants said:

I have never understood the appeal of live consorts, and I'd doubt I'd ever attend one of my on accord (unless a girl friend dragged me to one or something).

Because they're fun. :P You wanna stay indoors in front of teh comptar machien all your life?

Ministry on Friday! Bahahaha!

My first concert, I believe, was H20 and The Bouncing Souls. I was a little hardcore kid then, typically I go to more metal and industrial shows than anything else these days.

Ubik said:

Best shows I've seen:

-OhGr

Bastard!

Oh yeah, I have seen the Nutcracker twice, if that counts at all. It was the Seattle Ballet Company or whatever its called, and all their sets and costumes were designed by Maurice Sendak himself. :D

Nanami said:

Deftones SUCK.

DIE!!
DIE SLOW!!
DIE!!

Seriously...why? I think deftones are by far way ahead of the contemporary bands cause somehow fame hasn't made them sound totally stupid like Korn and Slipknot.

doomedout said:

Seriously...why? I think deftones are by far way ahead of the contemporary bands cause somehow fame hasn't made them sound totally stupid like Korn and Slipknot.

I think he means that Deftones suck live. I've seen them live on tv and I thought they were crap.

I think there are two reasons why Deftones can dissapoint a bit live.

Firstly Chino Moreno is not always up to some of the more elaborate vocal work. This is especially evident in material from the first album.

Secondly they are unable to use many of their studio-effects. This especially ruins much of the White Pony stuff (Digital Bath anyone?)

That said much of their stuff is fantastic for live shout-a-long fests, and I'm in love with their snare drum.

Little Faith said:

I think there are two reasons why Deftones can dissapoint a bit live.

Firstly Chino Moreno is not always up to some of the more elaborate vocal work. This is especially evident in material from the first album.

Secondly they are unable to use many of their studio-effects. This especially ruins much of the White Pony stuff (Digital Bath anyone?)

That said much of their stuff is fantastic for live shout-a-long fests, and I'm in love with their snare drum.

+ Chino is always drunk :P

doomedout said:

totally stupid like Korn

DIE!!
DIE SLOW!!
DIE!!
I hope someone files you teeth down with a emery board while forcing you to watch reruns of I love lucy.

I dont like Korn or Deftones. I did once. But like most nu-metal. The music just got boring. The gutiar work in most black metal is way more complex. And black metal vocails are amezeing. When I started to listen to bands like Cradle of Filht,Dimmu Borgir,In Flames and Childer of Bodom. The gutiar riffs in most nu-metal are too simplistic. Some people like simple songs. I dont. I tend to like more complex music. Its alot more harder to make a complex song sound good.

Rotting Corpse said:

like Cradle of Filht,Dimmu Borgir,In Flames and Childer of Bodom.

How about Dissection? Gotta love Dissection..

Ed said:

How about Dissection? Gotta love Dissection..

Never heard of them. Whats a good c.d. of theres? I'm all ways lookign for new music.

Storm of the Light's Bane is always good..

I've only been to two, I saw Tool in October '01 in NYC, which was a truly awesome show, and last summer I saw Incubus in the very same venue which was also an awesome show (wanna talk about hot chicks, go to an Incubus concert, whee). In both cases the opening bands were pretty sucky, especially Phantomas (or something) who opened for Tool. Bleh. I forget who opened for Incubus, but they sucked anyway so whatever.

I also also supposed to go to a Static-X show like three years ago but we got like 2 feet of snow so I couldn't get to the train station. That kinda sucked. Oh yeah and I was invited to some other concert in the summer of 00 or 01 (I forget) but I couldn't go cuz it was on the same day as my (now) ex's birthday. Damn crap.

Cyb said:

I also also supposed to go to a Static-X show like three years ago but we got like 2 feet of snow so I couldn't get to the train station. That kinda sucked.

You diddn't miss much, we walked out two songs into their set.. Wayne Static was dressed like a pirate, and managed to stop the show twice for crowd mis-behavior. Their PA crackled upon sampling events to the point where it sounded like nothing more than... static. Bu-duh.. tsssss.

Iv'e seen..........

Motorhead
The Misfits (twice)
GWAR (twice)
Morbid Angel
Soulfly
Speed-dealer
White Zombie
Rob Zombie
Ozzy (twice)
Black Sabbath
Murphy's Law
H20
Danzig
Static-X
Fear Factory
Slayer
Primus
System of a Down..

and a bunch of god-awful opener bands, naturally. Out of all of them, Motorhead and GWAR had to have put on the best show. Lemmy has such a way with words:

Lemmy: "Who here likes beer"
Crowd: "AAAUUUUUUGGHHAUUHAUHSUAH"

(plays Overkill)

Lemmy: "Who here is a punk rocker"
Crowd: "AAAUUUUUUUGGHHAUUHAUSUAH"

(plays God Save The Queen)

Lemmy: "Anyone that mixes.... hip hop and rock and roll isn't rock and roll at all."

Crowd: *a mix of random 'fuck Nu Metal, Punk's Not Dead and other tasteful comments burst from the swarming horde*

(plays Ace of Spades)

The opener band for Colin James (an acoustic guitarist and a drummer) were really good. The guitar playing was frantic. I mean the guy was strumming at a tempo of 240 BPM for two minutes straight. Inhuman.

AndrewB said:

The opener band for Colin James (an acoustic guitarist and a drummer) were really good. The guitar playing was frantic. I mean the guy was strumming at a tempo of 240 BPM for two minutes straight. Inhuman.

If you can find something about him, there is a guitar player named Michaelangelo. He has a double necked, 'U' shaped guitar and can play up in the 300's, he mostly does clinics in and around Europe.

Heh...at the Tool concert, the guitarist played the final 3 notes of Reflection roughly 130 times lasting about 10 minutes.

It was an excellent bathroom break.

Heh, Neil Young, Rolling Stones and Art Garfunkel. Those are the ones I remember now.

Ubik said:
Because they're fun. :P You wanna stay indoors in front of teh comptar machien all your life?

There's problby a down side I'm not seeing.

Heh one of my friends went to a Tool concert sometime last year; he said that Danny Carrey (a drumming god, for those of you who don't know) was drumming so fast at one point it actually froze his arms and they had to stop the show so he could pop his arms back in place.
I swear the guy is mutant. No one should be able to play drums that good.

Cyb said:

In both cases the opening bands were pretty sucky, especially Phantomas (or something) who opened for Tool. .

DIE! Fantomas rocksacscca0rzx. I'm going to have Mike Patton's baby. I saw Meshugga or some shit open for Tool, they weren't a very good band.