Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pritch

You asked for it.

the_Danarchist said:

Nickelodeon had a lot of imported cartoons on it back in the day like Danger Mouse, Count Duckula, David the Gnome, and that bizzare anime with the koalas in it. Yeah...

I remember those. Mostly because I remember my mom flipping out when she saw a scene of a goat shitting in one episode of David the Gnome.

Russell_P said:

I'm afraid not. But since you seem to be into vintage British TV adverts, can you remember which one it was that had a grandpa character rolling his hat along his shoulders behind his head (to impress his grandchildren), while saying "Round the back!"?

BTW, my first thought on recalling Rod, Jane and Freddy was that it was a shame that Rod hadn't changed his name to, say, Sid, so that they would have been FJS instead, just like the jump in map29. Does this suggest I play too much Doom? ;)

The Merovingian said:

I don't expect you feel like extending this pleasure to the rest of the staff do you?

NO I DIDN'T THINK SO :P

Grazza: wtf is Bod? How dare you compare him to Zippy? If Zippy had become Prime Minister of this country we wouldn't be staring down the shitter :)

dn: awesome avatar.

the_Danarchist said:

David the Gnome, and that bizzare anime with the koalas in it. Yeah...

yea, i remember that one! some girl had 2 koalas and theyd like rub noses with the girl and weird shit happened. gd nickelodeon. well there were other cool shows on nick back in the day like Welcome Freshmen, salute your shorts, pete and pete, some nature show with some guy that reminds me of Christopher Lowell, eureka's castle and other shows. man ...

Seen David the Gnome, I watched it all the time as a kid.

Several other good shows that were removed from Nickelodeon were;
Ren and Stimpy
Adventures of Pete and Pete
Rocko's Modern life
Angry Beavers
Invader Zim (Worst move by Nickelodeon ever)

Edit:

NailGunner said:

I remember those. Mostly because I remember my mom flipping out when she saw a scene of a goat shitting in one episode of David the Gnome.

When the HELL did that happen, I dont remember that?

NailGunner said:

a-say WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT???

the_Danarchist said:

Hahaha...

I only got to watch about 2 episodes of that before they cancelled it. But that was some funny shit.

Anyway, I grew up on whatever was on Nickelodeon and PBS at the time. So I mostly saw Sesame Street, Mr. Rogers, Sharon Lois and Bram (which I think was from Canada), n some other stuff. Nickelodeon had a lot of imported cartoons on it back in the day like Danger Mouse, Count Duckula, David the Gnome, and that bizzare anime with the koalas in it. Yeah...

I remember the koalas David the Gnome, and Eureka's Castle.

Dark Fox said:

Ren and Stimpy
Rocko's Modern life
Angry Beavers

Nick's got its own cartoon channel. They all moved there.

ravage said:

I remember the koalas David the Gnome, and Eureka's Castle.

Nick's got its own cartoon channel. They all moved there.

I dont have it then.. damnit

I heard they're producing new Ren & Stimpy episodes.

I also heard the creator of the series confirmed that Ren & Stimpy were gay.

Goat said:

yea, i remember that one! some girl had 2 koalas and theyd like rub noses with the girl and weird shit happened. gd nickelodeon.

Yeah...that show was pretty damn weird. It was especialy strange when they went to that alternate universe full of sentient Australian critters. There were platepi dressed up as SS soldiers and stuff and there was one episode where the girl founf her long lost dad floating in some bubble prison there. Also there was that lizard. WTF was up with him?

well there were other cool shows on nick back in the day like Welcome Freshmen, salute your shorts, pete and pete, some nature show with some guy that reminds me of Christopher Lowell, eureka's castle and other shows. man ...

Yeah, I watched Eureka's Castle and Salute Your Shorts, and of course Pete and Pete, one of the coolest kid shows ever. Welcome Freshmen was like some kind of fucked up version of Saved by the Bell. A bit funny, but it didn't really interest me. Dunno what this other show is you're talking about.

Also, I don't remember any animals pooping on David the Gnome. o_O

Does anyone (British) remember those little plasticine dudes on that Tony Haart art program?

They were cool too.

You mean Morph? Or the "little friends", where there was always a tiny green one that lagged behind all the others?

No, I don't remember them at all.

Dark Fox said:

Seen David the Gnome, I watched it all the time as a kid.

Ren and Stimpy
Rocko's Modern life
Angry Beavers

Anyone remember when SNICK was Ren and Stimpy, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Roundhouse, and some other stupid show.. probibly Doug? I remember I watched it's premier, it was the Fire-dogs episode of Ren and Stimpy and the Smoking Clown episode of AYAOTD..

pritch said:

Does anyone (British) remember those little plasticine dudes on that Tony Haart art program?

They were cool too.

They've gone to Smart on cbbc now.

Does anyone remember Charlie chalk? The character designs were messed up (not generally, but in terms of appearance) but that was a cool show when i was a kid.

IMJack said:

I also heard the creator of the series confirmed that Ren & Stimpy were gay.

Not surprised. Stimpy always had ahabit of dressing up as a women and ren as the pimp.

BTW: Doug was cool until disney stole it.

Ed said:

Anyone remember when SNICK was Ren and Stimpy, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Roundhouse, and some other stupid show.. probibly Doug? I remember I watched it's premier, it was the Fire-dogs episode of Ren and Stimpy and the Smoking Clown episode of AYAOTD..

Yeah, I watched the premier of SNICK too. Used to watch it every Saturday. Heh...roundhouse was pretty funny...that recliner was badass. AYAOTD was never really scary, but there were some cool parts to it. Like that one magician guy who was in every tenth episode or so. o_O Also, there were occasionaly semi-famous people on there like Bobcat Goldthwait, and Neve Campbell (though she wasn't famous back then).

Awful Waffle!!!1

I keep rememberinh the Ren & Stimpy episode where they were on this planet with the sock mountain.

ravage said:

Awful Waffle!!!1

I keep rememberinh the Ren & Stimpy episode where they were on this planet with the sock mountain.

i remember that episode, it was one of my favorites. the whole planet was trippy and shit and random things kept showing up in the backgrounds and Ren and stimpy were changing into shit all the tiem.

BlueSonnet said:

Prefered the zippy av Pritch.

Shut up fool! pritchfish IS the matrix.