Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jute

comics.

so who here reads comic books? which ones? why?

Johnny the Homicidal Maniac

Because it fucking rules.

Also, I have a large stack of comics from back in the day, mostly Spider-Man, X-Men, and Generation X.

I used to have a few Tank Girl comics, but I put them in a binder my brother had to use for a presentation at work and never saw them again.

Meh... every now and then I'll pick up a manga if it looks good (but then again, that could be months between buying stuff). I mainly stick to webcomics.

If you regard Viz as a comic, then yes (it used to call itself a comic, but for some reason they were forced not to; they then called it a bomic once or twice).

Otherwise, no, apart from a few Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers comics, of course.

Let's see... I have 126 Archie Comics double digests... Because the flat comic format is a ripoff.

Um, I make comics at the molment, but if you guys want some quality reading matearial i HIGHLY recommend Roman Dirge's Lenore (spookyland.com) and yes, Johnny The homicidal Maniac is a must read for anyone who hates people.

Cyberdemon said:

Garfield RULES!!

Oh yeah, that reminds me, I've got books 1-35 and tresuries 1-10 :D They've been boxed so long I totally forgot I had them.

Oo I read lots of comics, none of which I shall mention here.

skadoomer said:

Um, I make comics at the molment, but if you guys want some quality reading matearial i HIGHLY recommend Roman Dirge's Lenore (spookyland.com) and yes, Johnny The homicidal Maniac is a must read for anyone who hates people.

Word.

Heh...as soon as I get all of JV's comics, I'll probably start on some Roman Dirge stuff. He DID do the cover art to Welt after all. :D

hooray for Pokey. I have a few up in my locker

also, classic Calvin & Hobbes, Bloom County, and Jerkcity.

I read

Spawn
Predator or alien comics
No need for tenchi (just 2 more graphic novels to go before i complete my collection)
Uresei Yatsura
Fist of the north star.

Got a bunch of Azreal, batman, xmen, spiderman comics hanging around somewhere too. I generally have a big collection of comics. I must have at least £500 worth by now.

Some Marvel stuff, X-Men in particular. Mangas like Nausicaa and Evangelion, and the good ole Peanuts.

I've been working at collecting all of the Akira and Evangelion series, as well as the Spirited Away series. Also wouldn't mind getting more Gunsmith Cats and maybe a few Urusei Yatsura volumes, too.

here's an abridged listing of comic series i enjoy: preacher, transmetropolitan, the invisibles, (garth ennis-written) punisher, hitman, animal man, and about anything alan moore has ever written.

Last real comic I bought and read was Batman Vs Predator II. That was pretty fucking cool, but pretty goddamn expensive (like $12 or something).

Lord FlatHead said:

Batman Vs Predator II

I guess they ran out of other heroes and villains to go up against, so now they're going after bad sequels.

:D

Lord FlatHead said:

Batman Vs Predator II

The thing is with these super hero vs certain species comics is that it's so damn obvious about who's going to win (though batman vs dracula through in a bit of a twist).