Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Remilia Scarlet

FightersPoll (SNK vs Capcom)

Which is the best 2d fighter series?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best 2d fighter series?

• The Last Blade
    • King of Fighters
    • Fatal Fury (including Garou: MoTW)
    • Street Fighter
    • Art of Fighting
    • DarkStalkers
    • Samurai Shodown

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is the best fighting game... ever.

No game is faster, more balanced, and overall, more interesting at a high level of play than MvC2. It also had the biggest draw for this year's international fighting game championships, despite being 4 years old. The game is a fucking blast to play. I go to tournaments in it every week, and it has yet to get stale.

You guys should check out "the Doomworld of fighting games", Shoryuken.com.

The Flange Peddler said:

The street fighter 2 series is so far and away the most important 2d fighting series ever it's not funny. So yes, I vote street fighter.

Is it important? yes, duh. Is it the best? That's what we're here to discuss.

Anyway, we've seen how Capcom has treated SNK's King of Fighters characters. Should be interesting to see how SNK treats the Street Fighters when SvC comes out. I just wish they'd get away from the purely "Street Fighter vs King of Fighters" angle and use more characters from other Capcom & SNK games.

IMJack said:

Anyway, we've seen how Capcom has treated SNK's King of Fighters characters. Should be interesting to see how SNK treats the Street Fighters when SvC comes out. I just wish they'd get away from the purely "Street Fighter vs King of Fighters" angle and use more characters from other Capcom & SNK games.

They have Zero (from Megaman X) in the game, and he's such bullshit that he's banned from tournaments.

Sadly, the game is crap. It makes Capcom vs. SNK 2 look great.

GPOW, Gouki's Page of Whatever, was the Doomworld of fighting games.

I really can't stand the mainstream fighting game community. An awful lot of people are elitest snobby pricks. What's funny is some top champions are actually nice and down to earth, but then people below them are the biggest jerks. Maybe if Shoryuken covered games other than the newest few, carried custom stuff like the higher quality stuff for Mugen, the site worked in other browsers like Opera, and people lost the damn attitude, it would be like a Doomworld of fighting games.

Lost Soul said:
And MK Trilogy fraggin rocks! I own and love N64 and PSX versions. Where one falters the other excels. For instance, PSX annoys me slightly with load time. N64 Remedies that. N64 annoys me not having Goro or Kintaro. PSX remedies that. PSX control I find is sometimes not as responsive as I'd like it to be sometimes. N64 is spot on with controls and respinse time. N64 has lesser quality, slightly tinny sound. PSX has very crisp audio. I could run more comparisons as to why I like them both, but then that would be a big post. But all this is IMHO.

I think the Saturn fixes all that. Didn't Khameleon get a sex change in the N64 version? Kind of like Dural after Virtua Fighter 1. *Shutters*

I voted KOF, but I like a lot of them on the list. Street Fighter is a classic, of course, but not my favorite. Capcom did a good job with Super Puzzle Fighter though, a puzzle game spin off of Street Fighte and Darkstalkers.

Guilty Gear series is cool, but also Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram.