• None!
    • 1-50
    • 51-200
    • 201-500
    • 501-1000
    • 1001-2000
    • 2001-5000
    • More than 5000

How many books do you have? I mean ones that are printed on paper and bound.

I've got quite a lot - somewhere around 2000.

Feel free to discuss what type of books you like, whether you like sniffing them, etc.

Well, there are quite a few laying around in my house, lots of them also being Family Photo Books, but I am not sure if those count. Though I have my collection of Strategy Guides and Game Books. :)
Though I would L<3ve to have A large stack of Shonen Jump. :)
I also have my phone Book. :D
I'd say at least 600. :D
And that is my final answer.

Now if you excuse me, I must search this house mm by mm, uncovering and counting up every book. :D

No, I don't particularly like sniffing books a lot.

As my family moved from Russia to Ukraine to Israel to Canada, we've lost most of our library. Now we probably have about two hundred books. Of course, I only read stuff i get on #bookwarez now :)

Edit: Oops, I chose the wrong option in the poll. I meant to say 51-200, but chose 1-50 instead. Could someone fix that?

I've got about 80 or so books laying around. Many of them are art or technical oriented, such as the Photoshop Bible or Shot by Shot (a book on cinematography). When it comes to pure entertainment though, I've got all the usual stuff. I.e. 1984, Hitchikers series, some Plato stuff, etc...

My favorite types of books are fiction. But not necessarily sci-fi or fantasy (I rather dislike fantasy).

Edit 2: And I love the smell of a new book.

Any books I have around are either car magazines or Player's Guides.

I have about 40-50 myself. My mom has about 100-200 downstairs. Yeah, we have a lot of books. Of course my friends have a combined library of about 500 at their house so heh.

Call it 300 books in my apartment that I bought. About a hundred of those are volumes of manga, and you know how fast those can stack up. :P

I have some 100-150, my mom has at least one full wall of shelves' worth and my dad probably half as much as that.

Grazza said:

I mean ones that are printed on paper and bound.

I guess around 100 for educational purposes.
Around 300 novels - literature
Around 100 comics
Around 10 cooking books
And 1 copy of the Holy Book

Between 500-1000. of all varieties. i prefer hardcovers.

Python_Junkie said:

Do you live in a library, Grazza?

No, but it feels that way sometimes. I'm a publisher and writer - the damned things just kind of accumulate.

Grazza said:

How many books do you have? I mean ones that are printed on paper and bound.

I've got quite a lot - somewhere around 2000.

Guys that COUNT how many books they have must be pretty nerdy - or perhaps they just make up for the lack of money by counting their books instead :-P
(j/k)

I've got books yeah, but how many I don't know. How about "enough to fill quite a few large boxes that are big enough to house a computer monitor"?

Sadly, there are some of them that I don't read, simply because I discovered that they sucked or because they didn't appeal to my tastes.

Pssst! Do computer game manuals count as books? :-P

Uhhh, I haven't counted, but probably around 40 to 50, maybe more, books or so on my bookshelf. And I've read ALL of them, some of them several times. Yes, I'm a bookworm, and damn proud of it. :)

I my self only own a few but my parents and step parents border on about 10,000 (yes they do) and thats even after my father donated a shit load to a library. i must say its a shit load. I my self could count on my hand how many i own.

I have about 60 books of my own, but I try and buy new ones when I can. Today I bought one from the library (removed from circulation) for $1. Too bad my books for class aren't that cheap.

dsm said:

I've got books yeah, but how many I don't know. How about "enough to fill quite a few large boxes that are big enough to house a computer monitor"?

Well, I did have it in mind that people with more than a couple of dozen would estimate, rather than count them one by one. My exact total is probably somewhere between 1800 and 2500.

Pssst! Do computer game manuals count as books? :-P

Sure, if you like. I wasn't counting magazines or anything bound only using a staple, though.

I'm not entirely sure.

Me personally I think it's something like 200-300, mostly based around work for my degree. In my family's house in total, thousands.