Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lüt

Clark to enter presidential race

Heh. When I first saw this, I thought it said "Click to enter presidential race". I was beginning to wonder if the presidential election was becoming as promiscuous as the CA governor election.

fodders said:

There is an ammendment going through to make it possible. It seems Arnie may have friends in high places.

I thought if the foreigner was a legal citizen and lived in the U.S. for so many years, they could run. Personally, I'd rather have a U.S. born president.

Wrong. Both the VP and the P have to be citizens born in the US.

Although it raises the interesting question of what happens if both the P and the VP are assassinated, and the next up in line was naturalized.

fodders said:

There is an ammendment going through to make it possible. It seems Arnie may have friends in high places.

That's just whats-his-ass from Utah being stupid and making noise again. He doesn't give a shit about Arnold, he just wants TV time.

Yes, but there was a reference to him in the movie:

Sylvester Stallone: "Hold it! The Schwarzenegger Library?"
Sandra Bullock: "Yes, the Schwarzenegger Presidential Library. Wasn't he an actor ?"
Stallone: "Stop! He was President?"
Bullock: "Yes. Even though he was not born in this country, his popularity at the time caused the 61st Amendment...

IMJack said:

That's just whats-his-ass from Utah being stupid and making noise again. He doesn't give a shit about Arnold, he just wants TV time.

The other proposal, by a bi-partisan group in the house, whose ranks include conservative Representative Darrell Issa, Republican California- who spent more than 1.5 million to put the recall election on the October 7th ballot- would allow anyone who has been a naturalized citizen for 35 years to be eligible to become President.

if u are born on an embassy, u are stil able. honestly if u have lived here for a long time you should be able to run. hell an ex-covict of baby murder could run

it's always been only american born citizens are the only ones that can run for president

Ichor said:

Bullock: "Yes. Even though he was not born in this country, his popularity at the time caused the 61st Amendment...

Wow. Whoever wrote that script was retarded. That implies about fourty ammendments were passed within fifty years (or less depending on when the movie took place). In the past 200 years, only seventeen or so ammendments have been passed (I cant remember the exact ammount). Heh yeah, anyway...