Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SyntherAugustus

Hurricane hassle

Yesterday we had some wicked-cool thunderstorms and rain. I took some pictures a few days ago. I'll post them sometime.

damn we havent been directly hit in erie but DAMN dude we got drenced..hell i could barely make it up to the bus stop this morning =P

Archvile46 said:

It was disgustingly overhyped here in Pittsburgh. Everyone was like "OMG HURRICANE 9 INCHES OF RAIN 60 MPH WINDS." I told everyone it'd just be raining like it does about two out of every seven days here in Pittsburgh, and I was right.

All my teachers were like "if we come into to school tommorow" and guess what. We did. Big hype-attack, small hurricane.

Annapolis was flooded less than a block away from my relatives, though.

Next door's side of the house ripped off, the other side got a tree in their backyard over their car, and across the street got a tree ripped right from it's roots. No damage to my house! (this is philly)

Threads merged.

It's odd that some people are complaining about it being "overhyped". Weather is difficult to predict; be happy that it missed you.

What a weekend this has been. First, the hurricane comes through the area (at the time, it's still a near category 3). Then the eye passes within 100 miles to the west of here. There was a lot of damage here. Trees were knocked down everywhere, some rooftops were blown off, a few roads were washed away, and some piers were destroyed or damaged. The entire city (well, 95% anyway) lost all power, and as of right now, most of it is still dark. Our power went out around 9 AM Thursday and only now came back on. We did have a generator to power a fewthings (refrigerators, freezers, a lamp or two, and a TV). The only damage I suffered was a couple of sections of a neighbor's fence fell over, then floated away in the rising flood water (they eventually ended up in a nearby yard).

Ralphis said:

Next door's side of the house ripped off, the other side got a tree in their backyard over their car, and across the street got a tree ripped right from it's roots. No damage to my house! (this is philly)

I think I heard about the tree... BTW, Ralphis, did you have to go to school?