Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ChrissieHatch

Fellow Doomer has serious problem....

Im just posting here out of desperation. One of my best friends, a now ex-doomer (due to lack of time apparently...hmm...) is rapidly losing weight. Im scared that she is losing to much - she hardly eats anything anymore. I don't getto see her much, and i don't know her new boyfriend or the people she hangs out with most often or I would bring it up with them. Instead Im gonna ask u guys! Does anybody know how much weight loss is dangerous? or the signs or malnutrition? She is sixteen, skinny, pale, covered in bruises and extrememly lethargic. If anyone can give me any advice or info, I would be so happy!

Uh, is her family anywhere on the scene? Weight depends on height and a few other factors but I guess it's possible she could be bulemic or anorexic. The lethargy might be a result of this or it could be nutritional deficiency or anotehr disorder, I'm not going to randomly guess. The bruising is quite worrying though.

Really, you should try and get her to a doctor or inform whoever is responsible for her as she is still a minor.

could be tapeworm or ringworm, that would explain the lethargy. Not sure about the brusing though, that might be sign of a blood disorder.

It could also be depression... I went through a spell of that about three months ago and I dropped two shirt sizes just because I really couldn't be bothered eating.

Good luck anyway.

darknation said:

could be tapeworm or ringworm, that would explain the lethargy. Not sure about the brusing though, that might be sign of a blood disorder.

Hey, leave me out of this, thank you. Anyway. I have no experiences with this whatsoever, so I can't help you. Good luck.

Speaking of rapid weight changes, I just shot up past 260. I need to figure out some kind of excercise plan. Fucking fat...

Yeah anyway, you should probably talk to her about it.

the_Danarchist said:

Speaking of rapid weight changes, I just shot up past 260. I need to figure out some kind of excercise plan. Fucking fat...

Yeah anyway, you should probably talk to her about it.

Try keagels.

darknation said:
[B... ringworm, [/B]

ah thats a skin disorder buddy and it aint a worm anyways. but it would suck to have THAT in your digestive tract.

here is a test to rule out bulema or anarexia. make dinner and invite her over (but dont tell her it is dinner) invite her boyfriend and others so it dont look like u are trying to get with her. then watch her reactions around the food. if she eats, watch if she goes to the bathroom. if she does, listen at door( for vomiting sound or diarreha like sound) u can rule them out if all is normal.

I looked up keagel on Google. First thing I got was a post in which some body stated he was trying to maneuver his penis without shitting himself. So, I'm still confused.

BBG said:

If she's losing weight rapidly, she needs to be checked out for disorders and possibly even abuse.

Abuse? You mean rape? oMG... I didn't know you lose wieght from that...
Anyway, I can't help much on topic but I can say I'm surprised that a girl is a Doom gamer... GL solving the problem...

hmmmm thats not good at all you should really try talking with her and let someone know in her family or try to get her to go to the doctor, she does not sound healthy at all and yea as mentioned above the bruising is quite worrying :|. I dont meen to ask or say this to be offensive but does she happen to have any std's or been checked out for that sort of thing. It is a possibilty that she could have aids there are way to many symptoms to name off but it affects your immune system and causes your body to break down which leads to sores/bruises and such.
It would also explains paleness being really thin and so on. Another possibility would be some sort of liver problem anyway it does not sound good at all and you should deffinatly try to get her to go see a doctor.

Ultraviolet said:

OK, OK, a keagel is an exercise of muscles in the groin and/or vagina.

Oooh yeah...my mom kept talking about that when she was going through menapause. >_<

It seems Sephiroth has a fairly good idea. Try that and try to talk to her alone and find out what's going on. Make sure her boyfriend isn't beating her or getting her to do nasty drugs. Try to convince her to see a doctor and just plain eat more and possibly exercise.

I have never met her boyfriend, but from what she says he doesn't seem like the type that would abuse her. But then again, i suppose you never know do you? I tried asking her about it the other day, and allthough she seemed very 'off' and edgy she wouldn't admitt that there was anything wrong - she said she was on a diet and needed to loose a few pounds (BS!) and then changed the subject rapidly. Would it be mean and sneaky of me to email her boyfriend behind her back?

ChrissieHatch said:

I have never met her boyfriend, but from what she says he doesn't seem like the type that would abuse her.

As they say, it's the quiet ones you gotta watch.

As I say, to me the ones who are most likely to abuse their girlfriends/wives are the ones whom you would NEVER suspect.

All of this is making me want to listen to Nickelback's "Never Again", heh.

ChrissieHatch said:

Friend is obviously sick, hmmm, doctor or internet forum? Random people I've never met, dont let me down.

How about you stop posting here and drag her to a doctor, you complete and total waste of skin.

LeX said:

Abuse? You mean rape? oMG... I didn't know you lose wieght from that...
Anyway, I can't help much on topic but I can say I'm surprised that a girl is a Doom gamer... GL solving the problem...

No, I mean neglect by her parents or something.

Heh. Pwned.

Oh, and ChrissieHatch, get them to a doctor. Don't worry about our second opinion. Get one from a professional.