Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Hexen again...

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:27. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Liam
the Bard formerly known as the Bard

Worst hub?

Old Post 08-16-01 16:26 #
Liam is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

Tough call.

Castle of Grief, with the exception of Effluvium, had some of the most dull, blocky and plain architecture, although it was themed well. It was as necessary as any other hub, but it just didn't have the effort the rest of them had put into it.

Old Post 08-17-01 02:26 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AndrewB
I would commit first degree murder and then fabricate evidence to make it look like self defense.

Castle of Grief holds a special place in my heart, so I'm afraid I'll have to go with Necropolis on this one.

Old Post 08-17-01 02:54 #
AndrewB is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
999cop
Constrained Owing to Lot

huh what cutting down... huh what

Old Post 08-17-01 04:12 #
999cop is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Liam

Heh, someone voted shadow wood...

Anyway, I have to agree with AndrewB. I didn't like Necropolis much. A big graveyard with a bunch of rievers and three dull boss levels... woo woo...

Not to mention that Traductus was the only necropolis boss that even put up a fight. I beat Zedek only a few seconds after he became active...

Old Post 08-17-01 14:56 #
Liam is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

Traductus the cleric? He's easy as hell; just use discs of repulsion on the ghosts. You don't even have to fire a shot, and the fight's over in 15 seconds.

I liked the concepts of the Necropolis though, that's why I put it ahead of Castle of Grief.

Old Post 08-17-01 22:11 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Liam

Traductus the cleric? He's easy as hell; just use discs of repulsion on the ghosts. You don't even have to fire a shot, and the fight's over in 15 seconds.

Whoa, I never thought of that. I don't use discs much as a mage or cleric, and I use almost none as a fighter.

I liked the concepts of the Necropolis though, that's why I put it ahead of Castle of Grief.

What concepts? Explain please...

Old Post 08-18-01 00:24 #
Lüt
Administrator

What concepts? Explain please...
The idea of it. It was a cool finale hub, even if the bosses had a realistic amount of HP. The puzzles were better and the scenery had some of the most mood to it besides the Shadow Wood hub. Things like the slowing crushing ceiling in Zedek's tomb, the descent to the clerics tomb, the hidden switch to get there, the relics, all that good stuff. Castle of Grief was a cool hub, but it was the most generic "let's make a medieval castle" thing. It didn't have the same feel of the rest of the hubs. Seemed more like it was taken out of a medieval picture book.

Old Post 08-18-01 06:40 #