Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ultraviolet

Physical Fitness Poll - Sit-ups

How many can you do before reaching state of fatigue that inhibits further exercise?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How many can you do before reaching state of fatigue that inhibits further exercise?

• 0 to 20
    • 20 to 40
    • 40 to 60
    • 60 to 80
    • 80 to 100
    • 100 to 120
    • 120 to 140
    • 140 to 160
    • 160 to 180
    • 180 or more

I've been noticing lately that I'm eating more and getting a bit more fat just on my stomach. I was talking to a friend about it and then I decided I'd do some sit-ups while my soup was in the microwave (it's a painfully slow microwave), and afterward I had the idea to see what kind of physical shape DW forum posters are in.

This poll is specifically on sit-ups. There will be another on push-ups, and possibly more depending on whether or not I figure out how I can get a poll to work for things like cardiovascular fitness or leg strength (since not everybody has in their house or at easy access weights/racks/machines for every different muscle/group).

If you don't know off the top of your head, I encourage you to give it a shot and get back to me here with a number. All you need is floor-space, maybe something to trap your foot under...

To be clear, I'm talking full sit-ups, with your feet flat, no grabbing of the legs or neck for assistance (it's bad for your neck anyway). Keep hands beside the head, preferably not applying pressure because pulling on your neck like that can be bad for alignment. (You can learn to keep your neck tense and straight in a non-stressing way from this.)

Hmm, I'm not sure how many I can do but last year in gym I did 100 in a minute but my tummy felt like a boulder canyon. So I'd say thats my limit if I am going as fast as I can. :D

I'm out of shape. :)

I never do situps, but I do curls. I can do those all day because I love the burn they give me. Makes me feel like I have a 6-pack instead of this keg.

I stopped working out regularly about a year ago when I found out I had a tumor, but back then a friend of mine and I had a lil wager going on who could do more situps. I tied with him the first time at 110, but two weeks later he gave up when I got to 350.

I've got all this exercise equipment lying around, rusting. Might put it back to good use soon

Did about freaking 500 when I visited a friend's kempo class, mixing in crunches and Russian sit-ups and all kinds of stuff.

I did 200ish once. Never had a six. Wouldn't mind it. Uh...benched 210 w/reps back in the day. *sigh*

Job said:

Uh...benched 210 w/reps back in the day. *sigh*

Man, I remember when I could do that. Nowadays, I'd be suprised if I could do 130. :/

Fredrik said:

Bah. Sit-ups just hurt, without being exertive.

No kidding. I'm not super hefty but I can't do more than 70 in one session. I mean, 500? WTF?

I decided to get off my ass and put my body to work this morning.

I got to 17 situps before it started taking its toll on me, and just barely made it to 50.

I hurt now.