• Hammer Suit
    • Music Box
    • P-wing
    • Rock Smasher
    • Shoe Suit
    • Tanooki Suit
    • Whistle
    • Fire Flower

Jeez, I can't believe I screwed up the spelling on that one. I had even checked the spelling on it a minute before I posted it.

Lizardcommando said:

The Hammer suit kicks ass. What's the Rock Smasher again? It's been a while since I played this game.

Basically a hammer you can use on the map screen to clear out certain rocks. Behind some particular rocks you can find secret areas on the map, like the hidden warp whistle in world 2 or the mini-game islands in world 3.

Vile said:

Basically a hammer you can use on the map screen to clear out certain rocks. Behind some particular rocks you can find secret areas on the map, like the hidden warp whistle in world 2 or the mini-game islands in world 3.

Oh right! I remember now. Thanks for the information.

Jugem's Cloud (I believe that was the name)
I always save these whenever I happen to get one, they are useful for particularly difficult levels (like that one level in Pipe World, or the final fortress in Dark World).

Agreed. I generally use it on the World 8 fortress. However, I've got an instinct for that drive-you-crazy 7-10 maze map.

The whistle wins out. If you find all the secret whistles in world 1 and then use them in the proper order, you can get almost to the end of the game right away.

Awesome! Say, could you tell me how to get to the secret levels in Doom 2? I've always wanted to know.

AndrewB said:

Awesome! Say, could you tell me how to get to the secret levels in Doom 2? I've always wanted to know.

Well...you see, when a man loves a woman...

Wait, no.

I was simply explaining why I liked the whistle(s).

AndrewB said:

Holy shit, AndrewB uses sarcasm

I liked the Boot Suit or whatever it's called. I remember laughing the first time I saw Mario bouncing around in it :)
However, nothing beats the Fire Flower for weaponry IMO. It's a classic.

Kuribo's Shoe is the BEST. POWERUP. EVER.

It needs to be retroactively inserted in every game ever made.

I agree. Shoe = teh win!

Anybody here seen that SMB3 done in 11 minutes video? Amazing stuff!

timmie said:

I agree. Shoe = teh win!

Anybody here seen that SMB3 done in 11 minutes video? Amazing stuff!

Really? Yow. Do you have a link?

Also, would you happen to know where I can find a site that has screenshots of SMB3? I've always wanted to see some of those.

I think the movies with a guy that flawlessly runs through the entire game is cooler than the 11 minute speedrun where the player just warps through.

That video bothers me. He uses the warp whistle to go to the warp screen then uses the other to go to world eight. I may not have played Mario 3 in a while, but I'm almost positive that when I tried this as a kid, it simply warps you down to the next level of warp zones (5,6,7) not straight to 8.

Scuba Steve said:

That video bothers me. He uses the warp whistle to go to the warp screen then uses the other to go to world eight. I may not have played Mario 3 in a while, but I'm almost positive that when I tried this as a kid, it simply warps you down to the next level of warp zones (5,6,7) not straight to 8.

I myself tried this, it indeed works, it takes you to the 8th world pipe. :D

Though what made me wonder is sometimes the height Mario got seemed inmario, and the hand dee-lees in world 8 never pulled them under, usually this always happens for me I can't clearly recall a time in which I didn't get pulled down. Though I just guess its luck. Or the version. Or a really good breakfast. :D