Doom Comic
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else > Doomworld after doom3 launch

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:34. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
GavinJCD
Warming Up

Alright boys, it's me it's me, it's GAVINJCD!
Now listen up, I have a poll...here it is

I was wandering about doomworld and what the community thinks what will happen to it in terms of popularity after doom3 is released. I personally amen't sure, I'd say there is gonna be a few big sites devoted to it, such as planetdoom.com (no need to tell you who owns that domain). So what do you lot think...

How well do you think doomword will do in terms of visitage once doom3 is released...

Old Post 08-19-01 01:16 #
GavinJCD is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

We have a pretty good start. The best FAQ, the best forum.

Old Post 08-19-01 02:26 #
Zaldron is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
læmænt
BAND

<happy> So we'll have an endless supply of newbies to torture!!! </happy>

I can really imagine Arioch and Ling being nice to them... :) Scary idea.

Old Post 08-19-01 03:00 #
læmænt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Arioch
not arioch

Time to prepare the cauldron and shine up my silverware.

Old Post 08-19-01 03:59 #
Arioch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
999cop
Constrained Owing to Lot

planetdoom is probably gonna be owned and provided by gamespy

Old Post 08-19-01 06:33 #
999cop is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Liam
the Bard formerly known as the Bard

Time to prepare the cauldron and shine up my silverware.

You were a newbie once, so stop being so narrow-minded!

What? UhhhHhh... Hahaha...

Old Post 08-19-01 21:14 #
Liam is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Fredrik

gimme, arioch

Old Post 08-19-01 21:24 #
Fredrik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Arioch
not arioch

You were a newbie once, so stop being so narrow-minded!
I may have been a newbie once upon a time, but I rest secure in the knowledge that not one of you can prove it. :)

Old Post 08-20-01 05:30 #
Arioch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ralphis`
Loser

deathwarrior is a n00b to pube

Old Post 08-20-01 13:44 #
Ralphis` is offline Profile || Blog || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Red_Warrior

As long as we don't get -really- stupid newbies... who insult the original DOOM games. And if they do, I'm getting the rocket launcher out ^_^. Lookit, I made a newbie fly!

-Red, who doesn't dislike most newbies, just the ones who deserve it!

Old Post 08-20-01 22:22 #
Red_Warrior is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
læmænt
BAND

As long as we don't get -really- stupid newbies...

Oh, but we will!

who insult the original DOOM games.

Most of them wouldn't even know about the existance of DooMI and DooMII...

Old Post 08-20-01 22:41 #
læmænt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

newbie to these forums last year.
Who wasn't?

Old Post 08-20-01 22:42 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Red_Warrior

I just dread the coming of the dumb newbies.... *sighs* those who won't know about DOOM are likely to be a pain in the arse, then those who find out about it... *growls* are gonna insult classic DOOM most likely.... I can hear it now x_x. Ah well... at least there's time to prepare *shines up her rocket launcher*

Old Post 08-20-01 23:47 #
Red_Warrior is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

I just dread the coming of the dumb newbies....
Don't worry, that's what I'm here for :)

Old Post 08-21-01 01:06 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
læmænt
BAND

Blah... simply posthelling stupid threads is boring. First, about fifty people should FLAME the original poster; then the thread goes to post hell, and everyone is satisfied :)

Old Post 08-21-01 02:42 #
Lüt
Administrator

Like I said, that's what I'm here for ;)

Old Post 08-21-01 02:52 #
læmænt
BAND

But we won't need to care about that after DoomIII goes out, because the number of newbies here will be virtually unlimited.

Old Post 08-21-01 04:00 #
DoOmEr4LiFe
DoOm TiL dEaTh

I believe when Doom 3 comes out there is going to be a surge of bandwagon jumpers coming to this site...those kind of idiots will not give the respect us veteran doomers damn well deserve...I know for a fact this will happen but lets hope we dont get the largest portion of bandwagoners...

Old Post 08-21-01 08:58 #
DoOmEr4LiFe is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

lets hope we dont get the largest portion of bandwagoners...
Are you kidding? The new Doom is going to merge all the FPS communities out there into one. There isn't going to a single FPS fanatic from ANY FPS community who won't migrate into the new Doom community. FPS's are rather split up now in terms of fanbases, but wait until the new Doom unifies them all. They'll be flocking from all their various communities to the Doom sites. Have you seen any Quake3 forums? It's gonna be a nightmare.

Old Post 08-21-01 09:28 #
DiSTuRBeD

planetdoom is probably gonna be owned and provided by gamespy

Duh. Of course it will, unless someone buys the domain before they can, wich i guess they already have, and refuse to sell it to them that is.

Old Post 08-21-01 10:18 #
DiSTuRBeD is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Red_Warrior

Of course Gamespy will! They buy PlanetAnything...... and if they can't get PlanetDOOM.... MoonDOOM? TerraDOOM?...

The newbie influx is going to be horrid... likely worse than the Gundam fiasco I witnessed. *Kicks Gundam W* if it hadn't been tailored domestically to the seven-year old boys, the entire Gundam fandom would've been so much happier. We shouldn't get seven year olds here, but likely some close to the mentality...

-Red, who hopes at least a few good newbies will come of this.....

Old Post 08-21-01 17:42 #
læmænt
BAND

But we can hide from the newbies in THE THIRTEENTH FORUM!!!

Old Post 08-21-01 19:27 #
GavinJCD
Warming Up

Man my threads always RULE!

Old Post 08-21-01 23:51 #
GavinJCD is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Lut, CHANGE YOUR AVATAR!!!! What's that thing supposed to be, anyway?

Old Post 08-26-01 18:36 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote