Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bashe

What's the scariest thing you've ever seen?

Assmaster said:

Those alone can be very enjoyable though. According to what I've read, ASP extends beyond that. Most notably the paralysis.

hypnagogic hallucinations also have paralysis and the inability to vocalize anything (screams, ect...)

being unable to yell out or move as you are being "smothered" by some "phantom" or some other being. I've read that these types of occurances could be responsible for "alien abuductions" too.

SunlapseVertigo said:

ive been there.

Cool. Snake Pit itself, or similar types of trail?

Bashe: I find it makes sense to copy my messages to the clipboard before attempting to post them, in case the forum software/server glitch/whatever decides to eat them.

Has it ever really devoured a post of yours? Even when it signs you off you can refresh and it'll be fine.

Yes - sometimes it refuses to refresh (or when it does, the message text has vanished). It's probably due to my security settings.

I once woke up in the middle of the night, screaming. I instantly jumped out of bed and ran into the hallway as fast as i fucking could, still screaming. It felt like something was going to kill me or something. Scared my family to death. The scariest thing about the experience was it didn't feel like I had any control over my body at all...it felt like someone else was controlling me.

Sorry, by 'cool' I meant 'interesting'.

Anyway...

"
Have you ever found yourself lying fully conscious or in a dream like state, unable to move or cry out, but able to see and hear ... or somehow sense the presence of unknown beings?

This is Awareness during Sleep Paralysis.

While some experiences can be pleasant, many experiences of Awareness during Sleep Paralysis are terrifying beyond belief.

Some ASP experiencers fear they are suffocating, or maybe dying, due to the pressure of a crushing weight on them, usually in the chest region.

Those who sense the presence of bedroom 'visitors' may fear that their paralysis is a prelude to sexual assualt or abduction by these intruders.

Despite these fears, some individuals cultivate Awareness during Sleep Paralysis. Why?

It can bring the presence of mind to effectively resist abduction by alien beings.

It is a gateway to Out of Body Experiences and Lucid Dreams.
"

http://www.trionica.com/
Homepage of Awareness during Sleep Paralysis

I also, in my searches discovered a little gadget called the novadreamer, which detects when you are in REM sleep and triggers a reminder like a sound or flash of light to let you know you are dreaming, so you can enjoy lucid dreams(dreams where you know you are dreaming, so you can control everything).

Pretty damn funny.

Jehar said:

xena?

I don't blame ya.

On our way home, my dad talked about I guy that hung himself in the neighborhood. We didn't see the body, but now I may not be able to sleep.

Engorged ticks. My god, that's the sickest looking things.... especially when I saw a dead deer infested with them.

That reminds me.....I once saw a dead field mouse on my property, and being the young child I was, I pokesd it with a stick, then POP!

The bloody thing practically exploded in a shower of maggots.

*Shivers*

/Goes to the fisherman supply shop.....
/Goes to buy a large pump.....
/Finds Relica's football.....
/Breaks pump.....
/Returns maggot filled pump to the store.....
/Pump explodes in my face scarring me for life.....
MISSION FAILED

/goes to a fishing store
/buys maggots (somehow)
/gets a mouse
/pours maggots into the eye hole
/throws it into Relica Religia's yard
/waits

Heh heh...

Relica Religia, you have a candy bar in your yard! Come get it!

/Comes to steal Relic's candy bar
/Eats mouse instead
/Dies
/Relic pokes me with a stick...........

/Janderson blows up
/Relica Religia wets his/her pants
/I win!

Hehehehehe!

Nick Perrin said:

Another annoying thing, is when I have a nightmare, since I have control over some of my dreams, I kind of "exit" the nightmare.

I can exit dreams too. If I squint my eyes closed during a dream (good or bad) when I open them i'm awake. It's very handy during nightmares but really sucks when I accidently do it during a good dream. :P

Mickgr said:

Now this may sound weird, but I actually felt it and it hurt (anybody else experienced this is a dream?)

Whoa, I get that all the time! I have a lot of 'fight' dreams in which I feel the pain of getting hit every time. It hurts in the places I get hit even after I wake up.

johnnyrules182 said:

Whoa, I get that all the time! I have a lot of 'fight' dreams in which I feel the pain of getting hit every time. It hurts in the places I get hit even after I wake up.

Stop biting yourself.

Grazza said:

Cool. Snake Pit itself, or similar types of trail?

snake pit. i don't think i went down it though.... i just remember falling on my ass all the way down Mott Canyon once, then never returning.

Heh, sounds painful. I saved my big fall of that trip (and probably my longest ever) for "The Wall" at Kirkwood. Not too scary though, since there weren't many hazards.

Grazza said:

Heh, sounds painful. I saved my big fall of that trip (and probably my longest ever) for "The Wall" at Kirkwood.

hehe ditto. i went to Kirkwood on the last day of my big ski trip (went to Lake Tahoe with my cousins for 6 days, went to Heavenly the first 3, Alpine Meadows the next day, Squaw Valley the next, and last was Kirkwood).... i remember the funniest part of The Wall was when you were riding up the ski lift, all you could see was this giant wall of snow, with a bunch of dots (skiers) tumbling down it and falling all over the place.

Bashe said:

I have another scary expirience: my band teacher getting pissed. Last year (7th grade for me), we wouldn't stop talking for the love of god (except me, I'm a quiet one at school) and he got SUPER MAD!!! He got slammed him book shut and told us to shut up and DO NOT talk for the rest of the period. Good thing there was about 6 minutes left of that period. That was the worst day ever. Anyway, that class had a lot of wild kids in it, so I knew why he got mega pissed. I was terrified of going to band from that day onward.

My band teacher is know for having a super short fuse. I'm going to High School next year, so I won't have him ever again, but I've heard the HS band teacher is worse. If he is, I'm killing myself.

Was he Mr. Johnson?

I used to have some pretty confusing nightmares as a kid. I'd be dreaming about the wierdest crap, which normally wouldn't be scary at all, but somehow would wake up screaming.

I also have had many nightmares in which the already-mentioned consciousness is there, and I'm trying to wake myself up, but can't. Those experiences are pretty damn terrifying. I think I have had about 10-15 nightmares like that.

Of course, I rarely ever have nightmares now. I just dream about everyday crap, with the occasional scary dream that I forget about by the next day.

as a kid i saw alot of nightmares too. one of more memorable dreams was this dream where i was alone at my house, no lights on in any room, i felt panicked and tried to turn every possible light on, but as i progressed from room to room to turn on the lights, the other rooms' lights turned off by themselves and i was in complete darkness again. that was fucking scary. i dont actually fear dark or anything, the dreams kinda give temporary fake phobias or something.

That reminds me of an old joke (I think it was on Saturday Night Live, but I'm not totally sure) where this guy had plugged every single light into a Clapper. As he was about to go to bed for the night, he went from room to room clapping to turn off the lights. However, as he did, other lights that he previously turned off came back on. This went on for a while until you see a shot of the whole house with the all the lights blinking randomly for a while until they are finally all off.

A few seconds later, a car runs over a speedbump right in front of the house, and every light comes on all at once.