Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Goliath

Best FPS for N64 and Dreamcast.

golden i was over rated i think, yes it was fun. however i liked turok 2 better.
i didnt much like perfect dark, i rented it once (for a week) and it didnt appeal much to me.
looked like it was based on the same engine that golden eye was.

Hah, Perfect Dark. I thought it was pretty good until that stupid floating computer came along. Then it became really weird.

S1lent said:

I like doom, but I like it MORE for PC and PSX. GoldenEye is an N64 legend though. It's what most people think of when they think of N64 (other than Mario or MarioKart)

Or zelda!

If Turok 2 didn't have that idiotic lookstrafe (if you move or strafe while looking at something at an angle, the crosshair will try to recenter itself) and the inverted vertical look (I think it's more appropriate for flight simulations than for FPSes), I would rate it much higher. Decapitating the dinosoid guys with the War Blade was extremely satisfying.

Goldeneye owned because of the multiplayer, the missions and cheats, and at the time it was the only successful game based on a movie.

Perfect Dark was cool because of the bots and customizability. I enjoyed making my own game scenarios. There was something I liked about having all bots wear formal wear while brandishing akimbo Falcon 2s.

Hexen for N64 fucking sucked due to the control scheme being far too complicated. Hexen PC is a lot better, especially with a source port. Quake for N64 actually did look better than the original Quake (not GLquake). Quake 2 was alright, but it could have had more levels or extra challenges or bots or something.

S1lent said:

Dreamcast = Who cares. The only good game for DreamCast was House of the Dead 2 and a few Sonic games.

Yeah, nice call there thickwits.

Terra-jin said:

Drunken Tree-Top Bee-Keeping III

I only liked Legend of the Drunken Tree-Top Bee-Keeper's I and II, that third one was just a cheeky cash in.

HWGuy said:

If Turok 2 didn't have that idiotic lookstrafe (if you move or strafe while looking at something at an angle, the crosshair will try to recenter itself) and the inverted vertical look (I think it's more appropriate for flight simulations than for FPSes), I would rate it much higher. Decapitating the dinosoid guys with the War Blade was extremely satisfying.

You can turn both of those features off. Just thought you should know.

Nope, already checked the Options screen. No options to change Lookstrafe or Invert Vertical Axis. It's irritating to try to get close to the enemy, circlestrafe and aim for the head in this game since I'm constantly fighting the lookstrafe mechanism. I wish the thumbstick controlled movement of the player POV (move thumbstick to look around, release thumbstick to keep the player POV at that angle) instead of the position of the player POV (keep thumbstick up to look 90 degress up, keep thumbstick down to look 90 degrees down, release thumbstick to recenter).

S1lent said:

I like doom, but I like it MORE for PC and PSX. GoldenEye is an N64 legend though. It's what most people think of when they think of N64 (other than Mario or MarioKart)

I usually think "Yuck" when I think of N64. I usually think the same thing when I think about Goldeneye.